First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So does that mean there is going to be a Badlands up for grabs in November?
Most likely yes. I am not doing anything right now but wait and will decide when the time comes.
Sponsored

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If Ford can not get my vehicle out of the desert and onto a train soon then I am probably going to reject the vehicle and wait a year or later. I do not even need a new vehicle and I don't need to keep dealing with this car shortage supplier issues nonsense. And I do not want a brand new vehicle that was subject to an abusive environment after being built. I will just step out of the new car market and wait a year or two until all of this gets sorted out. Does not make any sense to pursue a new vehicle under these market conditions when I currently have several vehicles that run just fine.
That's very wise of you. Would not fault you at all.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
To be clear, I'm not a heartless bastard. I do feel bad somewhat for people having the constant delays. I didn't NEED a new vehicle, I was just waiting on Ford to rerelease the Bronco for what, 10+ years since they started teasing the renders? I can't even remember anymore it's been so long. My explorer was doing just fine but it was something I settled for when we needed a family car now that we have babies so the mustang had to go. Couldn't bring myself to get a 4 door big Bronco cause fugly, so the sport was perfect and I'm so glad I didn't wait knowing now the vehicle situation in the US. Wildtrak will be mine when the kids can get in and out of their chairs themselves. Or something better by that time. I think I just knew this truck would be insanely popular so I jumped when I could. I wish everybody a speedy production date. Getting tired of being the only one on the road. I want my Badlands to have lots of brothers and sisters!
Your comments weren't heartless it's reality. But part of that reality is, a perfect shit storm of parts available, chip shortage catching up, and frustration coming to a boil. It's just terrible timing. Ford is taking the biggest hit. The bronco and sport speak for themselves and will sell the crap out of themselves once the market rights itself. As a "lucky one" who found a solid dealer, and did hours and weeks of researching, emailing, calling, connecting, etc...I got what I wanted. Was I lucky when a dealer came through? Sure...Luck is opportunity meeting effort and preparation. I was lucky no doubt

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Most likely yes. I am not doing anything right now but wait and will decide when the time comes.
I'd say as much as you know about cars and resto, give it an inspection on delivery. Doesn't cost you a dime. My nieces live in the desert, cars from the 60s look mint down there. I don't think it's as bad as it seems. But a look will tell you. Be conditional.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
SO...here's this, kind of interesting, particularly if you enjoy the code/Forscan stuff. I'm gonna post it there too. Even if you already have your sport, you can enter the vin and it shows all the module data. For those more versed in Forscan there is a crapton of information

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Input vin. it returns BCM module info (tons of lines of code) your bronco is likely built.

This decodes the 'codes' per another link on this site
google Doc with Forscan codes
Thanks for finding that info. Very interesting. I wonder how much of the F150 translates over to the BS? That Doc is F150 settings. One would need an editing tool and a willingness to try these codes out.
Here's a few tidbits that interest me and some I have seen a number of people ask about:

Fake engine noise disableACM727-01-01xxxxx0xxxxxx
IPC Quick Boot (No Ford animation on cluster)IPC720-07-01xxxxxxxx2xxx
Engine temp & Transmission temp shows above gauges (8" Clusters only)IPC720-07-01xxxxx65xxxxx** use this if you don't have trailer brake controller but have turbos **
Stereo Extended PlayAPIM7D0-01-01xx*xxxxxxxxxStereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins (Sync 2 & Sync 3)
I assume this is for the first position (lane change). I find 3 to be a few too little:
Turn Signal Flashes (# of)SCCM724-01-01xxxxx*xxxx0=1 flash, 4=2 flashes, 6=3 flashes, 8=4 flashes, A=5 flashes, C=6 flashes, E=7 flashes ** see SCCM spreadsheet for more options **
726-12-01xxxxABCDxxxxTire Circumference (for speedometer calibration) **changing this will to cause DTC in PCM and will cause wrench icon on dash on 2017s**
726-24-01xxx*xxxxxxxxFob Liftgate First Press Cfg: 0=disable, 2=enable
726-31-01xxxxx*xxxxxxCourtesy Lamps Cfg: 0=immediate, 1=theater dimming
7A7-01-03xxxx**xxxxxxFront Heated Seats High Setting (degrees F converted to hex)
7A7-01-03xxxxxx**xxxxFront Heated Seats Medium Setting (degrees F converted to hex)
7A7-01-03xxxxxxxx**xxFront Heated Seats Low Setting (degrees F converted to hex)

There are a lot of settings that can actually be changed right on your Vehicle Preferences. There's also a ton of settings in there for airbags and stuff so I wouldn't go poking around for fun and giggles unless you really know what you're setting on the BS.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I'd say as much as you know about cars and resto, give it an inspection on delivery. Doesn't cost you a dime. My nieces live in the desert, cars from the 60s look mint down there. I don't think it's as bad as it seems. But a look will tell you. Be conditional.
My preference is to look car over and decide once its at the dealer. But my wife is not quite on board with buying a '21 late in the year that was baked in the sun. And of course full price no discounts no apologies for long wait etc etc given current market conditions. For now I am going to hold tight and wait see. If we do end up passing then we are out for a year or more until this whole vehicle shortage issue gets resolved.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My preference is to look car over and decide once its at the dealer. But my wife is not quite on board with buying a '21 late in the year that was baked in the sun. And of course full price no discounts no apologies for long wait etc etc given current market conditions. For now I am going to hold tight and wait see. If we do end up passing then we are out for a year or more until this whole vehicle shortage issue gets resolved.
The upside if there is one...you don't NEED it. Also saw TSMC which is the main supplier said they have ramped up auto specific chips 60% and said they see the shortage, at least for cars ending this quarter.

Reactions: FIP

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Thanks for finding that info. Very interesting. I wonder how much of the F150 translates over to the BS? That Doc is F150 settings. One would need an editing tool and a willingness to try these codes out.
Here's a few tidbits that interest me and some I have seen a number of people ask about:

Fake engine noise disableACM727-01-01xxxxx0xxxxxx
IPC Quick Boot (No Ford animation on cluster)IPC720-07-01xxxxxxxx2xxx
Engine temp & Transmission temp shows above gauges (8" Clusters only)IPC720-07-01xxxxx65xxxxx** use this if you don't have trailer brake controller but have turbos **
Stereo Extended PlayAPIM7D0-01-01xx*xxxxxxxxxStereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins (Sync 2 & Sync 3)
I assume this is for the first position (lane change). I find 3 to be a few too little:
Turn Signal Flashes (# of)SCCM724-01-01xxxxx*xxxx0=1 flash, 4=2 flashes, 6=3 flashes, 8=4 flashes, A=5 flashes, C=6 flashes, E=7 flashes ** see SCCM spreadsheet for more options **
726-12-01xxxxABCDxxxxTire Circumference (for speedometer calibration) **changing this will to cause DTC in PCM and will cause wrench icon on dash on 2017s**
726-24-01xxx*xxxxxxxxFob Liftgate First Press Cfg: 0=disable, 2=enable
726-31-01xxxxx*xxxxxxCourtesy Lamps Cfg: 0=immediate, 1=theater dimming
7A7-01-03xxxx**xxxxxxFront Heated Seats High Setting (degrees F converted to hex)
7A7-01-03xxxxxx**xxxxFront Heated Seats Medium Setting (degrees F converted to hex)
7A7-01-03xxxxxxxx**xxFront Heated Seats Low Setting (degrees F converted to hex)

There are a lot of settings that can actually be changed right on your Vehicle Preferences. There's also a ton of settings in there for airbags and stuff so I wouldn't go poking around for fun and giggles unless you really know what you're setting on the BS.
I did the trans and engine temp change on my '16 F150 back when I got it. It's nice to see an actual temp above the analog gauge rather than guessing, accurate enough to see the thermostat open and close on both. Will be a great of someone figures out how to do this on the BS. Actually had the dealership mechanic ask how I did it.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've bought parts for a few Triumph/Jaguar restorations over the years from a salvage yard in the Arizona desert. The sheet metal and hard parts are pristine, the soft parts, rubber, plastic, is another story

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
My preference is to look car over and decide once its at the dealer. But my wife is not quite on board with buying a '21 late in the year that was baked in the sun.
I've seen more than one person say this. Is there any photo evidence that the cars are baking in some dusty lot? I know they can't just leave them on the line, but maybe they are being warehoused or loaded into some kind of hangar? Maybe covered somehow? I'm curious to know where they are at.

I don't think a hot lot is as bad as being stuck offshore for a few weeks. My previous company once got some stuff that was held offshore waiting for a dock to open and longshore crew become available to offload it, and the sea air ended up riddling it with problems, and rust.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I've seen more than one person say this. Is there any photo evidence that the cars are baking in some dusty lot? I know they can't just leave them on the line, but maybe they are being warehoused or loaded into some kind of hangar? Maybe covered somehow? I'm curious to know where they are at.

I don't think a hot lot is as bad as being stuck offshore for a few weeks. My previous company once got some stuff that was held offshore waiting for a dock to open and longshore crew become available to offload it, and the sea air ended up riddling it with problems, and rust.
No one knows where the vehicles are being stored in Mexico. It is all a guess and speculation. However, we do know the F150s in Detroit and Kentucky are sitting in yards so it is well known how those are being stored.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We need satellite and drone photos for some intelligence gathering.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Someone posted this on Facebook, of the Michigan plant. That's a lotta Sports on the lot. Is it at all possible the built cars are going to Michigan for final assembly and not sitting around in Mexico!?

Ford Bronco Sport Any Ford Reps Out There?? _nc_ohc=VWpedHGgsmcAX_3W7eI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1
Sponsored