George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Someone posted this on Facebook, of the Michigan plant. That's a lotta Sports on the lot. Is it at all possible the built cars are going to Michigan for final assembly and not sitting around in Mexico!?

Ford Bronco Sport Any Ford Reps Out There?? _nc_ohc=VWpedHGgsmcAX_3W7eI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1
I count about 11 BS the rest are all Broncos. Bitter sweet.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Anyone else notice the "test track" along the right hand portion of the manufacturing facility. I am thinking that this is probably the area where they pull a vehicle from the manufacturing line from time to time for an extended QA check and some people get that decal on the window of their new vehicle explaining the extra mileage for QA testing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Someone posted this on Facebook, of the Michigan plant. That's a lotta Sports on the lot. Is it at all possible the built cars are going to Michigan for final assembly and not sitting around in Mexico!?

Ford Bronco Sport Any Ford Reps Out There?? _nc_ohc=VWpedHGgsmcAX_3W7eI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1
Very possible. My buddy mentioned them using head units to move and store the vehicles, then contractors removing them and repeating the process as they catch up and move/shuttle more units. Mine landed at the Wayne plant before delivery...possible

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Very possible. My buddy mentioned them using head units to move and store the vehicles, then contractors removing them and repeating the process as they catch up and move/shuttle more units. Mine landed at the Wayne plant before delivery...possible
Combined with the news about stock moving to dealer lots from this AM, I think it's more likely. The trains still move and may as well be full when they go. Maybe the only ones going to lots are stock and the special orders are held? IDK, but there's at least a glimmer that things are moving along behind the scenes, to minimize what the delays are.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Combined with the news about stock moving to dealer lots from this AM, I think it's more likely. The trains still move and may as well be full when they go. Maybe the only ones going to lots are stock and the special orders are held? IDK, but there's at least a glimmer that things are moving along behind the scenes, to minimize what the delays are.
Ford's Hermosillo plant is doing "retail scheduling" only for BS this week... my understanding is that "retail scheduling" are orders with a customer's name associated with them and not for general dealer stock order. (I copied the graphic below from a post on the Blue Oval Forum under Production Scheduling) Perhaps Ford has been inundated with angry calls and has received the message that ordering customer's are getting frustrated and jumping ship to other manufacturers rather than continuing to wait on their order forever? Hopefully this trend continues and they will produce BS that ordering customers have been waiting on for a while and will guarantee a revenue stream for dealerships without having to hold unsold inventory without a guaranteed sale. Hopefully these units will also get fully built with all components installed considering that the plant is running 2 weeks at only one shift per day and (hopefully) the parts supply chain is easing up slightly.
Ford Bronco Sport Any Ford Reps Out There?? 1626456333638

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Ford's Hermosillo plant is doing "retail scheduling" only for BS this week... my understanding is that "retail scheduling" are orders with a customer's name associated with them and not for general dealer stock order. (I copied the graphic below from a post on the Blue Oval Forum under Production Scheduling) Perhaps Ford has been inundated with angry calls and has received the message that ordering customer's are getting frustrated and jumping ship to other manufacturers rather than continuing to wait on their order forever? Hopefully this trend continues and they will produce BS that ordering customers have been waiting on for a while and will guarantee a revenue stream for dealerships without having to hold unsold inventory without a guaranteed sale. Hopefully these units will also get fully built with all components installed considering that the plant is running 2 weeks at only one shift per day and (hopefully) the parts supply chain is easing up slightly.
Ford Bronco Sport Any Ford Reps Out There?? 1626456333638
I wonder if that will include those of us who’s BS were built last month and are just left sitting waiting on a chip ☹

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I wonder if that will include those of us who’s BS were built last month and are just left sitting waiting on a chip ☹
Good question
Sponsored