Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Ironic I made a post earlier today worried because the temp sensor wasn’t hitting true center, only to have the bronco have an epic melt down on my way home from work.

Was coming through a neighborhood that connects to mine, maybe a mile and a half from the house and thedash started beeping and it kept flashing shift system fault. I was finally able to pull over and let traffic go around, where it proceeded to cycle through warnings of failures on basically every other system in the car, every assist disabled etc. I shut it off and back on, the parking brake was locked on and wouldn’t release - eventually it did and I drove in limp mode maybe the next half mile or so to my driveway. Parked it and that was that, wouldn’t release parking brake or go into reverse. It never made any mechanical sounds other than the steering wheel clicking which seemed like the lane assist vibrators going crazy. I would have to assume something wasn’t connected correctly or all the way and jarred loose.

Anyway, a call to the dealer and a call to Ford roadside and they towed it in. Absolutely sick over this, never had this happen before. Funny enough my wife’s escape is also in the shop so my mood toward Ford is salty right now(and I work there).
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it 34D00676-ED3A-4167-B892-F4F8821BCAAF
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it A9620B4E-8BBC-46EF-8C4B-28FC110DBA44
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
that sucks1

did they give you a nice Ecosport to drive

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Ironic I made a post earlier today worried because the temp sensor wasn’t hitting true center, only to have the bronco have an epic melt down on my way home from work.

Was coming through a neighborhood that connects to mine, maybe a mile and a half from the house and thedash started beeping and it kept flashing shift system fault. I was finally able to pull over and let traffic go around, where it proceeded to cycle through warnings of failures on basically every other system in the car, every assist disabled etc. I shut it off and back on, the parking brake was locked on and wouldn’t release - eventually it did and I drove in limp mode maybe the next half mile or so to my driveway. Parked it and that was that, wouldn’t release parking brake or go into reverse. It never made any mechanical sounds other than the steering wheel clicking which seemed like the lane assist vibrators going crazy. I would have to assume something wasn’t connected correctly or all the way and jarred loose.

Anyway, a call to the dealer and a call to Ford roadside and they towed it in. Absolutely sick over this, never had this happen before. Funny enough my wife’s escape is also in the shop so my mood toward Ford is salty right now(and I work there).
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it 34D00676-ED3A-4167-B892-F4F8821BCAAF
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it A9620B4E-8BBC-46EF-8C4B-28FC110DBA44
hopefully it’s nothing major! If I had to guess it’s probably just a loose connection tripping the system, but I know more about mechanical issues than I do about computer issues.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
One in how many units failed ?
Five different Ford's for me. One towed in once, a $3 part broke.
Op,
You bought a new model year.
Relax, let ford fix it.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Op,
Relax, let ford fix it.
"New Model Year" jinx has been over for years. 99% of the time they are already using proven parts on new releases. The fact that there have already been 2 recalls because of the lack of attention to detail where it is assembled may have something to do with it. There have been stupid mistakes in the first 2 recalls.

OP
OP
Romac

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have worked at Ford for years, Kentucky Truck Plant actually. I see launches of new models literally first hand. Yes, there are problems, teething pains, and new job balancing to be learned. But no, they’re not an excuse to be written off to early adopters. If anything when we launch new products, at my plant at least, there’s extra eyeballs and scrutiny everywhere. They certainly still happen but it doesn’t make it ok.

You’re not wrong about the growing pains Osco, but I disagree as a Ford employee and as a lifetime owner of Fords, that I should just accept it. I’m actually very unhappy, I spent a lot of money on a product that has put me in a bad situation, fresh off the lot four days old. And this isn’t my first new model year vehicle.

It’s not the end of the world, no, and I don’t think it means this (my) bronco is going to be a particular problem child. But like Martin said, there definitely seems to be some gaps in the assembly process, things are squeaking by that shouldn’t. Spreading awareness of it can equally help build a better product as it can come off as complaining. Ford pays attention to social media, forums etc, and dealers also update factories with pics and breakdowns of failures like mine. Someone who failed to secure a sensor correctly or whatever will likely be my issue, will be getting a sit down to address quality control.

But if my op comes off as complaining or pissed, it’s because I am complaining and I am pissed. It’s a lot of my money and time to watch it freak out and get hauled away on a flatbed.

Waiting on my dealer to call today with an update. I’m confident this is going to be a one off fluke but we’ll see what they say.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
:crackup:
that’s funny, that’s what I expected or a base model left over fusion or something. But they actually gave me a new 21 Escape.
I want your dealer -- I have to sit there, or get a rental every darn time except once, I was paying well over $1,000 for repairs and over a few days and then more delays -- I told the service guy I'm spending all this and losing a fortune on my rental that is now UP and you tell me it's 2 MORE days, he gave me a new top-trim Rogue loaner for those last 2 days, finally. NO LOANERS is all I hear over and over. "Our insurance won't allow it," baloney, it's because they're cheap. I would demand a loaner now, if this happened to me in a brand-new vehicle.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
Op,
Relax, let ford fix it.
I def understand the risks of buying a new model, but OP def is justified to be upset.

I LOVE my FE. But if I hop in and dies on me (in public when we all know how eye catching/decisive the BS is) I would certainly be in my feelings.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Probably be the only problem you will have in 100,000+ miles!

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My Ford dealer has a nice loaner fleet, I'm in small town USA so the whole fleet is 7...
Same deal, when one hits 2,000 miles it's up for sale. One guy I talked to got his F-250 that way. He said they took $5000 off msrp for the 2k miles.
It was one of the $50k models.
But truly if I have to watch mine get towed in for warranty I think I'd be fine.
I got to drive and add miles to 8 or 10 demos once. My transit connect got hit by lightening.
I loved that van but my normal work week back then was 2,000 miles a week. Brandon Ford needed lots of demos to get over 2500 miles.
I had a ball driving all kinds of stuff.
Got the van back in 14 weeks.
Road hazard was the insurance claim.
My out if pocket, $250 deductable.
Repair ticket total $7200
Only thing the lightening did not blow out was the outside light bulbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Romac

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update, I'm coordinating with Ford corporate and my dealer on this issue. There are no clear indicators of what's wrong physically, so they're replacing the wiring harness for the transmission based on Fords instruction after they reviewed the codes.

A bit nervous about this, I know in the factory when we have to do some disassembly depending on which loom it is. Hopefully being underneath will make it a little more accessible. Not happy at all that there is this level of repair needed fresh off the lot, and even less happy that they're not 100% sure it will solve the problem. Additionally, I'll be the first Bronco they've had up on a lift so they're not super knowledgeable yet either. Luck of the draw I suppose.

The looms on an indefinite backorder, so they're trying to get direct from the factory.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
As an update, I'm coordinating with Ford corporate and my dealer on this issue. There are no clear indicators of what's wrong physically, so they're replacing the wiring harness for the transmission based on Fords instruction after they reviewed the codes.

A bit nervous about this, I know in the factory when we have to do some disassembly depending on which loom it is. Hopefully being underneath will make it a little more accessible. Not happy at all that there is this level of repair needed fresh off the lot, and even less happy that they're not 100% sure it will solve the problem. Additionally, I'll be the first Bronco they've had up on a lift so they're not super knowledgeable yet either. Luck of the draw I suppose.

The looms on an indefinite backorder, so they're trying to get direct from the factory.

A shame this happened to your BS. Please keep us updated moving forward.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sorry to hear. You might have lemon law if they do not get it fixed in 30 days they have to buy it back.

OP
OP
Romac

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update today, my service manager called me, my parts made it in after coordinating with corporate/SUV team etc.

He said Ford mentioned that fluid may have gotten into the wiring for the transmission somehow, although he doesn't specifically see that or the cause and effect of that. This is anecdotal and second/third hand so take it with a grain of salt; He said his instructions/troubleshooting from Ford seemed oddly specific, like a little too knowledgeable a little less inquisitive, as if they've already seen this problem before at the factory, or are quietly aware of a bad batch of wire looms or something.

Again, take that for what it is worth. I did notice that in another thread or two some of you are having issues with drive modes disabling (which mine did, amongst other things when it lost it's mind). I would be wary and keep and eye out/log these failures and warnings just incase we do have something more widespread amiss.

On the positive side they expect to be able to put it on the road tomorrow. He said they did have to disconnect the trans pan and one axle to remove and replace the loom, but other than that they were able to keep disassembly at a minimum.

I'm definitely ready for her to come home, and hopefully I can put this behind me. Ford is offering me an extended warranty, but I don't have anything concrete on that yet until I speak with them again Monday after we follow up on the repair/drivability.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rutean Issues, Repairs, Warranty, Recalls, TSB 21