Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
It’s home today, so far so good although the trans seems clunky and noisey at low speed/off gas bumps. But I think I’m also hypersensitive right now to every little thing.

Repair ticket did mention that they added coolant, I checked it later at home and it was well below minimum. I’m guessing that they were supposed to refill as part of the wsm and didn’t. Not the most pleasing thing to see but I have some Motorcraft VC13 here at the house so I topped it off and will keep an eye on it.

The repair Ticket for those interested, the ticket mentioned trans fluid specifically flooded the wire which I was not told about :
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it B78F5BC7-DBAC-4F50-AAC1-B9960BA6D00D

Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it 21D390F2-D26D-4BC3-8EB4-CBDF2A0E0776
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
First thing I would have done is reboot it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Hopefully they tried that first.

OP
OP
Romac

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
How noisey is y’all’s transmissions? I def notice a lot of grindy/whirring trans sounds at low speed or off gas coasting on back roads (not turbo sound for sure).

I saw a couple YouTube videos of people having similar sounds, are you all experiencing this? It seems to run and shift fine so I don’t know if it’s the nature of the trans to be noisey or what?

Anonymous8126

Big Bend
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ironic I made a post earlier today worried because the temp sensor wasn’t hitting true center, only to have the bronco have an epic melt down on my way home from work.

Was coming through a neighborhood that connects to mine, maybe a mile and a half from the house and thedash started beeping and it kept flashing shift system fault. I was finally able to pull over and let traffic go around, where it proceeded to cycle through warnings of failures on basically every other system in the car, every assist disabled etc. I shut it off and back on, the parking brake was locked on and wouldn’t release - eventually it did and I drove in limp mode maybe the next half mile or so to my driveway. Parked it and that was that, wouldn’t release parking brake or go into reverse. It never made any mechanical sounds other than the steering wheel clicking which seemed like the lane assist vibrators going crazy. I would have to assume something wasn’t connected correctly or all the way and jarred loose.

Anyway, a call to the dealer and a call to Ford roadside and they towed it in. Absolutely sick over this, never had this happen before. Funny enough my wife’s escape is also in the shop so my mood toward Ford is salty right now(and I work there).
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it 34D00676-ED3A-4167-B892-F4F8821BCAAF
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it A9620B4E-8BBC-46EF-8C4B-28FC110DBA44
I know this is late, but I have a black diamond and 2 weeks to the day that I got it, it went back to be repaired. The wiring harness burnt up. Ford put the wiring harness in so that it rests on the drive shaft. The part has been replaced, however, ford needs to do a recall since the placement of the wiring harness is still the same (rests on the drive shaft) so it will ultimately end up with the same result. The dealer zip tied and foil taped the wiring harness away from the drive shaft so that it won't burn up again. I feel crappy that I am making payments on a car that isn't legit. Meanwhile every time I turn around I am seeing ads for bronco everywhere and it makes me mad that they haven't even addressed this issue which is a little more detrimental than say the hard top issue.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I know this is late, but I have a black diamond and 2 weeks to the day that I got it, it went back to be repaired. The wiring harness burnt up. Ford put the wiring harness in so that it rests on the drive shaft. The part has been replaced, however, ford needs to do a recall since the placement of the wiring harness is still the same (rests on the drive shaft) so it will ultimately end up with the same result. The dealer zip tied and foil taped the wiring harness away from the drive shaft so that it won't burn up again. I feel crappy that I am making payments on a car that isn't legit. Meanwhile every time I turn around I am seeing ads for bronco everywhere and it makes me mad that they haven't even addressed this issue which is a little more detrimental than say the hard top issue.
You're talking the regular Bronco. This is a Bronco Sport forum. Two different animals.

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ironic I made a post earlier today worried because the temp sensor wasn’t hitting true center, only to have the bronco have an epic melt down on my way home from work.

Was coming through a neighborhood that connects to mine, maybe a mile and a half from the house and thedash started beeping and it kept flashing shift system fault. I was finally able to pull over and let traffic go around, where it proceeded to cycle through warnings of failures on basically every other system in the car, every assist disabled etc. I shut it off and back on, the parking brake was locked on and wouldn’t release - eventually it did and I drove in limp mode maybe the next half mile or so to my driveway. Parked it and that was that, wouldn’t release parking brake or go into reverse. It never made any mechanical sounds other than the steering wheel clicking which seemed like the lane assist vibrators going crazy. I would have to assume something wasn’t connected correctly or all the way and jarred loose.

Anyway, a call to the dealer and a call to Ford roadside and they towed it in. Absolutely sick over this, never had this happen before. Funny enough my wife’s escape is also in the shop so my mood toward Ford is salty right now(and I work there).
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it 34D00676-ED3A-4167-B892-F4F8821BCAAF
Ford Bronco Sport *Almost*Left me stranded with only 206 miles on it A9620B4E-8BBC-46EF-8C4B-28FC110DBA44
I had almost the same thing happen to me. Went to start the car and the dash flashed something like 29 error codes, wouldn’t start at all. After 10-15 minutes of being off, it started and acted completely normal. This happeend at about 2000 miles, I’m now at 4700 and haven’t had any issues since. Dealer had it for 5 days (with a free loaner) but couldn’t get it to repeat. However, they were in touch with Ford so the issue is documented for future info. You’re under warranty, make them take a look AND give you a loaner. If they won’t, find another dealer and report the other to Ford.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How noisey is y’all’s transmissions? I def notice a lot of grindy/whirring trans sounds at low speed or off gas coasting on back roads (not turbo sound for sure).

I saw a couple YouTube videos of people having similar sounds, are you all experiencing this? It seems to run and shift fine so I don’t know if it’s the nature of the trans to be noisy or what?
Replying late, but I went to the dealership yesterday to buy an F-150 and ended up getting a new OBX Bronco Sport instead. When testing it, I thought it made a weird noise at 3k RPMs and the tranny sounded rough, but they thought it was fine. I drove it home last night. This morning I went to leave, put it in reverse and it sounded like something exploded in the drivetrain. It wouldn't go past 1st gear.

Wrench popped up and Ford Pass indicated:

"the powertrain control system has detected one of the transmission clutches did not apply within the expected time as expected. Some transmission gears may not being available resulting in delayed or harsh shifts into another gear."

The dealer towed it away and dropped off an '18 Edge until they can look at it Monday. They offered to let me do what I want at that point, including walking away. I might just order that same vehicle but with Badlands edition to get the 2.0L. Otherwise I feel sick to my stomach.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I had almost the same thing happen to me. Went to start the car and the dash flashed something like 29 error codes, wouldn’t start at all. After 10-15 minutes of being off, it started and acted completely normal. This happeend at about 2000 miles, I’m now at 4700 and haven’t had any issues since. Dealer had it for 5 days (with a free loaner) but couldn’t get it to repeat. However, they were in touch with Ford so the issue is documented for future info. You’re under warranty, make them take a look AND give you a loaner. If they won’t, find another dealer and report the other to Ford.
Same thing happened to me and a few others (see this thread). No further issues with mine since it happened back in September. Definitely get it checked out: the service advisor told me they have reports of something similar happening if the transmission harness is faulty.

Flukeman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I saw a couple YouTube videos of people having similar sounds, are you all experiencing this? It seems to run and shift fine so I don’t know if it’s the nature of the trans to be noisey or what?
OP did you ever get to the bottom of these noises? I've had my BB for about a month and a half and have noticed the same thing for a while now. The car seems to be running fine otherwise but I must say, the noises are pretty strange. I've never owned a car with turbo before so thought perhaps it had something to do with that, though it sounds like it might not.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Park Release Cable can cause rattle or hiss noises. Ford has a TSB out for that problem.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rutean Issues, Repairs, Warranty, Recalls, TSB 21