Irishgirl0413

Big Bend
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend and have loved it for the past year and a half. Last week my “check engine” light kept coming on and then shutting off. Car was going in for brakes on Friday so I figured I’d ask about it. Friday morning suddenly every light was coming on, it was beeping and scrolling “check engine”, “rear belt monitor fault”, “front camera fault”, “shift sys fault”, “park brake fault”, “pre-collision assist not available”, “service advanctrac”, “check park aid”, “rear belt monitor fault”, “full accessory power active”, something about hill assist came on as well but I only saw that once. The parking brake kept coming on when I stopped, brakes felt spongy, power steering didnt seem to work, directionals didnt work (thankfully brakes did).
They took it in and updated it and the light went away.
Next morning the same thing happened. Brought it back to the shop (service station not open). They looked at it again Monday and kept it to drive over night.
Picked it up this morning; drove it the (appr) 7 miles home with no issue. Parked it for a few hours; turned it on again and the same thing.
It’s back at the service station and they (thankfully) gave me a loaner. He seemed to think it’ll take a few days to figure out.
Please! Is this happening to anyone else? And have they figured out what’s wrong?
This is my first Ford ever and I’m worried I’m getting “buyers remorse”.
Help. I’m so frustrated I could cry!
Attempted to attach videos of my screen but they’re “too large”
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend and have loved it for the past year and a half. Last week my “check engine” light kept coming on and then shutting off. Car was going in for brakes on Friday so I figured I’d ask about it. Friday morning suddenly every light was coming on, it was beeping and scrolling “check engine”, “rear belt monitor fault”, “front camera fault”, “shift sys fault”, “park brake fault”, “pre-collision assist not available”, “service advanctrac”, “check park aid”, “rear belt monitor fault”, “full accessory power active”, something about hill assist came on as well but I only saw that once. The parking brake kept coming on when I stopped, brakes felt spongy, power steering didnt seem to work, directionals didnt work (thankfully brakes did).
Next morning the same thing happened. Brought it back to the shop (service station not open). They looked at it again Monday and kept it to drive over night.
Picked it up this morning; drove it the (appr) 7 miles home with no issue. Parked it for a few hours; turned it on again and the same thing.
It’s back at the service station and they (thankfully) gave me a loaner. He seemed to think it’ll take a few days to figure out.
Please! Is this happening to anyone else? And have they figured out what’s wrong?
That is a lot of problems, maybe some critter chewing on the wire harness somewhere, do you park it outside?

OP
OP
Irishgirl0413

Irishgirl0413

Big Bend
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do park outside but the shop didnt mention that and the update fixed the issue for about 24hrs. Unsure it would have if that were the problem?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
A lot of bad battery issues causing crazy stuff.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I do park outside but the shop didnt mention that and the update fixed the issue for about 24hrs. Unsure it would have if that were the problem?
Yeah, they will take the easy approach first, software updates can fix a lot, but that amount of problems probably won't solve it. They will have to dig deeper for sure. Do you off road or run in deep water, like 10" or more? Stuff like that can cause corrosion on connectors, but I'm just guessing.

Hope they figure it all out for you!

Keep us updated. We all learn from these problems. Sorry for yours.

OP
OP
Irishgirl0413

Irishgirl0413

Big Bend
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nonoff roading or high water - I’ll definitely let everyone know

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm steering towards a weak battery.

Surprised with your described symptoms they have not performed a load test on the battery.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey there! Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with? I would like to take a look at this on my end.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I suspect that this is another battery issue. I suggest that you get one of the battery testers sold by Amazon. These measure cranking amps and cold cranking amps and are a good way to determine if the battery is the issue. You can get these for $40-50.

OP
OP
Irishgirl0413

Irishgirl0413

Big Bend
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there! Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with? I would like to take a look at this on my end.
How do I send you a message? I’m new here but am unsure about posting my VIN on the page

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
They might have but only told me about updates
I'm speculating, but they probably put the vehicle on a charger when they did the software update. It didn't really need the software update but instead really needed the extra charge. Your battery is either bad or needs to be charged. We are also just entering the change of seasons where the cold also makes the battery weaker.

Overall, there have been probably half a dozen reports here in the last 18 months of cars with crazy amounts of issues showing up all at once. I believe that each of those was fixed with either a battery charge or a new battery.

One person recommended buying a battery load tester but I would say you aren't going to use it enough to justify the cost. I would just take it to a local auto parts store and they will load test it for you for free. You have to get a load test, not just a voltage test. For that, they will at least need to disconnect the battery, if not remove it and take it inside.

Good luck.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
X2 on the load test at the local auto shop. They tested the alternator on my F-250 for free, and told me it was bad. It took about 5 minutes.

With all of the electronics, these cars should come with 2 batteries and a solar panel on the roof.

Raustin76

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Same thing happened to my 23 BS Badlands this morning. When I was going through the process of requesting Roadside to get it towed to the dealer, it decided to start up with no warnings. I did get a video of the issue, hopefully the dealership can get it correctedso it doesnt happen again. I am sitting at the dealership now waiting.
Sponsored