North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Here is a new offering from Alphaequipt that allows for 245/65-series tires.

Ford Bronco Sport Looks Tough On Biggest Off-Road Tires That Will Fit

Off road fans currently have their attention focused on the new Ford Bronco. The reborn SUV doesn't go on sale until the summer, but if you really want a Bronco in the garage, the smaller Bronco Sport is available right now. It's not as rugged as its big brother, or is it? Simply swapping the tires for something more aggressive makes a world of difference, but how big can you go on the baby Bronco?

That's a question the folks at Alphaequipt wheels set out to answer. With the Bronco Sport filtering out to new owners, the aftermarket is starting to heat up but custom off-road wheels are in short supply. The Bronco Sport runs a rather uncommon 5 x 108mm bolt pattern, so Alphaequipt created a new set of 17-inchers and mounted up a set of BF Goodrich 245/65-series tires. According to Alphaequipt Sales Director Kristopher Serrano, this wheel-tire combo fits under a stock Bronco Sport without any rubbing issues, including lock-to-lock turns on the front wheels.

By comparison, the Bronco Sport Base model also rides on 17-inch wheels, but it comes with a set of street-focused 225/65-series all-season tires. The Bronco Sport in these images is a snazzy Outer Banks model; arguably the best-dressed of the bunch with leather-trimmed seats though it does have some off-road chops with Ford's Terrain Management System and five GOAT modes. It rides on 18-inch wheels with decidedly street-ready 225/60-series tires.

Dropping back to 17s makes room for the taller tires, but unless you opt for the Outer Banks, all other Bronco Sports get 17-inch wheels standard. The largest tire size from the factory is a 235/65, optional on Badlands and standard on the First Edition, so there's space for just a little more rubber on a stock Bronco Sport. Still, it's amazing how that small upgrade makes such a dramatic visual difference. In Badlands trim with seven available GOAT modes, we suspect this would be a surprisingly capable machine off the beaten path.

https://www.motor1.com/news/464194/ford-bronco-sport-biggest-tires/
Sponsored

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow, Canadian Tire is cheaper than my dealer, for the wheels. Iā€™ll have to have a look. Thanks for the post! I just need to sell the set of snows left over from our 2019 Escape, and Iā€™ll probably order some of these.

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Just picked up my BL and wanted dedicated snow tires mounted on their own rims. The dealership didn't have available rims on hand. For your info, Steelies made for the Escape, as you might expect, are a perfect fit. Very happy with my Bronco Sport.
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket steel wheels for Bronco Sport IMG_20210102_093916
what are the snow you have?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Please take a look at the inside of the wheels that came on your BL and confirm the stock wheel offset. The number with the ET next to it. Iā€™m pretty sure that Escape wheels have greater offset than the Bronco Sport. If so, the wheel track on your BL will be reduced and may look a bit off when running the steel wheels.
I think the stock offset is +37.5, these look to be +52.5. So something like a 1 3/4" narrower track overall with these?

Last edited:

aamyotte

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Outer Banks Area 51
Wow, Canadian Tire is cheaper than my dealer, for the wheels. Iā€™ll have to have a look. Thanks for the post! I just need to sell the set of snows left over from our 2019 Escape, and Iā€™ll probably order some of these.
Did you check to see if your Escape snows will fit your BS? Could save you some $$.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Had a look at the original wheels, no "ET" displayed but rather "J+37.5". I'll take that as the offset.
Yeah the 37.5 is the offset

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Just picked up my BL and wanted dedicated snow tires mounted on their own rims. The dealership didn't have available rims on hand. For your info, Steelies made for the Escape, as you might expect, are a perfect fit. Very happy with my Bronco Sport.
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket steel wheels for Bronco Sport IMG_20210102_093916
Me thinks I dont have to worry about winter tires where I am! LMAO :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket steel wheels for Bronco Sport B1888C9E-D688-4A6A-849D-7B9876FBA5B4

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Me thinks I dont have to worry about winter tires where I am! LMAO :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket steel wheels for Bronco Sport B1888C9E-D688-4A6A-849D-7B9876FBA5B4
I always say I hate winter but for some reason always look forward to a good dump of snow (and a couple of whiskeys):bandit: Maybe it's the cold snaps I hate. Snowblowers are always fun to use.....my winter tires have been delayed for 2 weeks ...no stock on rims...duh!!

Jmav216

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Anyone one have stock rims they don't want?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So, did anyone find 17x7, 5x108 steelies?

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Best option now for 17ā€ is Maverick take-offs

Jmav216

First Name
Justin