Westrodge99

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I’m looking to get a tow hitch added to my BL+BL. I’m not sure how I missed getting that factory installed!!!

Is there a separate bumper with the cut-out that the dealer would install?
Or is it easy enough that I can cut the current plastic bumper to access the are to install?

I don’t need the wiring harness, as I’m only using it to attach a bike rack.
Thanks!
Sponsored

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m looking to get a tow hitch added to my BL+BL. I’m not sure how I missed getting that factory installed!!!

Is there a separate bumper with the cut-out that the dealer would install?
Or is it easy enough that I can cut the current plastic bumper to access the are to install?

I don’t need the wiring harness, as I’m only using it to attach a bike rack.
Thanks!
Here’s what the factory install looks like with a cutout for the hitch and 4-pin.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch 72CB284F-96CB-425F-87DF-641F29036509

OP
OP

Westrodge99

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Thanks realworld51. That is helpful.

Is this on a BS with a full size spare?

Also, could you provide a similar pic of the entire bumper, as I’m trying to line up the center cut-out with 3 fairly-flat “protrusions” on my lower bumper.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks realworld51. That is helpful.

Is this on a BS with a full size spare?

Also, could you provide a similar pic of the entire bumper, as I’m trying to line up the center cut-out with 3 fairly-flat “protrusions” on my lower bumper.
Yes I have a full size spare. The ‘hollowed out’ area on my bumper fascia to accommodate the hitch appears to be in the same location as the debossed area with the 3 dimples on your bumper. Try measuring 11.25” from each lower corner of the debossed area toward the center. I’ll bet you’ll end up on each side of the center dimple?

Also note from this photo that the cutout isn’t just on the vertical but also on the horizontal. An aftermarket solution may be simpler (mounted below the bumper fascia) but that won’t leave much ground clearance. Good luck.
Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch B114EC47-BC50-411C-A5D5-D90381356CD2

OP
OP

Westrodge99

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Yes I have a full size spare. The ‘hollowed out’ area on my bumper fascia to accommodate the hitch appears to be in the same location as the debossed area with the 3 dimples on your bumper. Try measuring 11.25” from each lower corner of the debossed area toward the center. I’ll bet you’ll end up on each side of the center dimple?

Also note from this photo that the cutout isn’t just on the vertical but also on the horizontal. An aftermarket solution may be simpler (mounted below the bumper fascia) but that won’t leave much ground clearance. Good luck.
Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch B114EC47-BC50-411C-A5D5-D90381356CD2
You were right about the 11.25” width.

Looks like your bumper has separate upper and lower pieces? Perhaps the lower piece with 2 cut outs fits in the debossed area of mine.

The local dealer hasn’t been helpful on working on a solution (new bumper with tow hitch or selling tow hitch to install myself. Will need to call another.

And as you pointed out, not interested in lowering my ground clearance with something mounted below the bumper fascia.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch BB2A5E51-5669-4A13-8B0F-5C85E9CB945C

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You were right about the 11.25” width.

Looks like your bumper has separate upper and lower pieces? Perhaps the lower piece with 2 cut outs fits in the debossed area of mine.

The local dealer hasn’t been helpful on working on a solution (new bumper with tow hitch or selling tow hitch to install myself. Will need to call another.

And as you pointed out, not interested in lowering my ground clearance with something mounted below the bumper fascia.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch BB2A5E51-5669-4A13-8B0F-5C85E9CB945C
The unique fascia with trailer hitch option is one piece, molded for the purpose. Replacing your fascia with the tow version will be $$$$$ for the part and install, though the molded-in color doesn't require painting.

And btw, since your only use will be for a bike rack, why not buy the 2-bike holder that fits inside the cargo area and holds bikes upright?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Westrodge99

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
The unique fascia with trailer hitch option is one piece, molded for the purpose. Replacing your fascia with the tow version will be $$$$$ for the part and install, though the molded-in color doesn't require painting.

And btw, since your only use will be for a bike rack, why not buy the 2-bike holder that fits inside the cargo area and holds bikes upright?
Thanks for your help, realworld51.
Yes, it would be expensive to replace the bumper fascia. Wishful thinking on my part that it was a two piece fascia.

Next sunny weekend, I’ll start the cutting into the bumper. Any help on dimensions and location to cut would be helpful. Otherwise, I’ll see if a local dealer has one I can inspect.

As to why not stow the bikes internally, the cargo area will be filled with all the necessities for weekend camping: clothes, food, tent, chairs, etc.

Plus, I already own a nice external bike rack that I’d like to use and it keeps the muddy bikes outside the car. ;)

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for your help, realworld51.
Yes, it would be expensive to replace the bumper fascia. Wishful thinking on my part that it was a two piece fascia.

Next sunny weekend, I’ll start the cutting into the bumper. Any help on dimensions and location to cut would be helpful. Otherwise, I’ll see if a local dealer has one I can inspect.

As to why not stow the bikes internally, the cargo area will be filled with all the necessities for weekend camping: clothes, food, tent, chairs, etc.

Plus, I already own a nice external bike rack that I’d like to use and it keeps the muddy bikes outside the car. ;)
I feel ya...
Ford Bronco Sport Adding Tow Hitch 1DC0805A-8B19-4E7B-981C-EF33C5C0C6F4

sullivan.mary0228

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Has anyone gotten a price to have the dealer install factory tow package?
I originally ordered my sport with a tow hitch, but when one became available at the dealer, I couldn't say no...they wanted to charge me somewhere around $800.00 and I told them no I would wait for my bronco to come in. They caved and only charged me $375.00. Problem is, they said that the parts would be in 2 weeks ago and have no idea when they'll get it.

Timmay

Base
First Name
Timmay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Base
Has anyone located a hitch for the Base?