sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
It looks like even existing orders are eligible, if delivery is on or before April 4. From the Ford page linked in post #60:

Is my ordered vehicle eligible for Ford incentives?
"Ford can provide certain incentives for customer-placed orders. Ordering customers will be eligible for qualifying incentives at the time of order placement or qualifying incentives at the time of final delivery, whichever is preferred."
Sponsored

BroncoNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Its seems the particular incentive is potentially dealer/region specific. Would be good to have clarification.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
Hi Zack,

I just placed an order for a BS Badlands 3 days ago, but I can cancel it. I'm considering canceling it anyway because *after* the order was placed, a copy was emailed to me and it had/has the wrong interior color (Active Orange). I'm told that Area 51 has been eliminated by Ford (is that your understanding?). So we're paying full MSRP, plus a $500 doc fee (legal max in MD) and not getting the color we want.

My wife and I visit Iowa once or twice a year to see family -- some live near Granger, in Altoona and Mitchellville. That would make picking up a Badlands relatively easy.

6% under invoice sure is attractive. I have one primary concern, and that's getting warranty repairs done locally here in Maryland. Most people have heard the term "Iowa Nice" -- let's just say there is no "Maryland Nice". Dealers around here (all makes) -- and, from what I've heard, in most areas of the country -- do not like to do warranty work. If the vehicle as purchased from them, they are generally OK with it, but if the vehicle as bought at another dealer they can be very 'difficult'. That's based on ugly personal experiences with at least 4-5 different dealer service depts (4 mfrs) -- and numerous posts on the auto forums I belong to.

Is there anything that can be done about that?
TELL THEM YOU WERE ON A ROAD TRIP AND YOUR CAR DIED.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TELL THEM YOU WERE ON A ROAD TRIP AND YOUR CAR DIED.
If a person really is on a road trip and their vehicle breaks down, hopefully the dealer would take care of them.

Of course any dealer will take a customer's money if they are paying full shop rate for out of warranty repairs. The problems arise when the person is asking for repairs that are covered under warranty. Many dealers really dislike performing warranty service, so they make things very difficult for owners who did not buy from them.

If the owner of the car lives nearby but lies about it, that will be obvious from registration info; driver's license, etc.

If the selling dealer is anywhere within a ~2 hour radius, the owner will be told to go back to them. Not always, but that has been my experience multiple times, and of course there is an almost infinite number of similar stories online.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Zach-

How many of you BS orders got Build Dates today? How many orders are still waiting on build dates? Thx!

BroncoNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
From article (interesting read, particularly for those keeping tabs/interest since bronco pre-orders):
In October, Ford tweaked the formula further, this time adding to the equation sales of Bronco Sport, a smaller sibling model that launched in late 2020.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-11/ford-keeps-bronco-customers-waiting-for-red-hot-suv

Hopefully BroncoSport orders from here are helping?

To me seems GrangerFod has been stepping up to engage and offer people an opportunity into the Ford brand. 1.5l 3clyinder CUV as MSRP + 10-20% markup is what I've seen at the dozen+ dealers I've looked at... brand started quickly becoming irrelevant unobtainium. I don't care about haggling, and none of my peers who are in the buying class care for it too (i.e. sooner move upmarket where they'll offer you a coffee). First time Ford buyer, GrangerFord is about 90% reason I'm personally attempting the Ford brand at all (for any vehicle - be it F150, BroncoSport, Big Bronco when it loosens up, etc). The situation was rapidly devolving into the Telluride nonsense and Kia/Hyundia dealers are increasingly losing tons of the interest brought in for well reviewed vehicles.

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Picked up my Bronco Sport from Granger today. Overall, great experience! Smoothest dealer transaction ever, was in and out of the dealer within 30 minutes. This is the way to purchase in the future! Now I want to buy another vehicle from Granger since it was so smooth and a great deal. Thanks Granger Ford, Ashleigh and Team! Highly recommended!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my Bronco Sport from Granger today. Overall, great experience! Smoothest dealer transaction ever, was in and out of the dealer within 30 minutes. This is the way to purchase in the future! Now I want to buy another vehicle from Granger since it was so smooth and a great deal. Thanks Granger Ford, Ashleigh and Team! Highly recommended!
That's good to hear!

Thanks for posting about your experience -- now I'm even more inclined to buy from Granger if our local deal does not go through.

3ScoreAnd10

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass, 2002 Nissan Pathfinder
From article (interesting read, particularly for those keeping tabs/interest since bronco pre-orders):

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-11/ford-keeps-bronco-customers-waiting-for-red-hot-suv

To me seems GrangerFod has been stepping up to engage and offer people an opportunity into the Ford brand. 1.5l 3clyinder CUV as MSRP + 10-20% markup is what I've seen at the dozen+ dealers I've looked at... brand started quickly becoming irrelevant unobtainium. I don't care about haggling, and none of my peers who are in the buying class care for it too (i.e. sooner move upmarket where they'll offer you a coffee). First time Ford buyer, GrangerFord is about 90% reason I'm personally attempting the Ford brand at all (for any vehicle - be it F150, BroncoSport, Big Bronco when it loosens up, etc). The situation was rapidly devolving into the Telluride nonsense and Kia/Hyundia dealers are increasingly losing tons of the interest brought in for well reviewed vehicles.
Geat article, and well-articulated, Zach! Since it's focused mainly on the bigger Bronco, how many Bronco Sport orders are currently pending at Granger? Any news on production and allocation? I noticed my smaller local dealer here in NJ just listed about a dozen as in-transit.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
@Granger Ford would you be willing to do 6% under, or better obviously, on a 21 Ecosport?
We would be at 3% under invoice on an EcoSport.

We're hoping this helps. We're exhausting every option we have.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Geat article, and well-articulated, Zach! Since it's focused mainly on the bigger Bronco, how many Bronco Sport orders are currently pending at Granger? Any news on production and allocation? I noticed my smaller local dealer here in NJ just listed about a dozen as in-transit.
We are getting them scheduled more quickly than we did. Retail demand on the bronco sport is 15-25% of overall production, so we have opportunity to gain some retail market share on these. Retail allocation is capped at 40% of overall production. So we have plenty of room to go.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
**March Production Update**

Great news! This month we've been able to receive more than enough COVP allocation along with our regular stock allocation to fulfill all of our sold orders. So within the next 30-45 days we should have VINs assigned to all outstanding retail orders (unless there is a commodity restraint). We have approximately 20 custom orders in the system without VINs assigned and received allocation for 34 Bronco Sports.

We appreciate your support and will keep trying to push to get the most allocation possible.
Sponsored