Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Escape2Bonco, you tried it? Anyway 235 70 17 fills better the well and less risk of rubbing at the extremes of turnning. Thanks for your response.

No, not personally, but it’s been discussed many times on the forum. That’s not to say you couldn’t find one that’s on the smaller range of that size. We just know that 245/70-17 KO2’s will rub.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Did you switch out the spare as well? I like this size but want to keep the spare the same size and it doesn't seem like it would fit in the spare space.
Kept the spare bc of the rare
Did you switch out the spare as well? I like this size but want to keep the spare the same size and it doesn't seem like it would fit in the spare space.
Nope I don't rotate 5 tires and spare gets used so rarely. So I am a just make sure it's inflated and go on with ones day type of guy.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
245/70 is not fitting with out modifications.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
245/70 is not fitting with out modifications.
Great information here... thank you for posting. In my case I'm trying to keep from going the LIFT route, due to my extended warranty...hate to void all or part of that.

However, with my own Badlands looking to squeeze out some additional hieght and not stress too much on cutting it close on full lock. I have and intend to do as much off roading as I can with this more than capable SUV as it is stock.

So based on your research and trials... going with a 245/65/17 and/or 235/70/17 will be the same or does one have PROs the other one CONs? etc...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great information here... thank you for posting. In my case I'm trying to keep from going the LIFT route, due to my extended warranty...hate to void all or part of that.

However, with my own Badlands looking to squeeze out some additional hieght and not stress too much on cutting it close on full lock. I have and intend to do as much off roading as I can with this more than capable SUV as it is stock.

So based on your research and trials... going with a 245/65/17 and/or 235/70/17 will be the same or does one have PROs the other one CONs? etc...

It depends on what you plan to do. The taller narrower tire assuming the same tread pattern will perform better in mud and snow. The fatter tire will perform better on sand and rocks. Personally, I’d go with 245/65-17’s if I were changing, but I’m pretty happy with the 235/65-17 WildPeaks.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It depends on what you plan to do. The taller narrower tire assuming the same tread pattern will perform better in mud and snow. The fatter tire will perform better on sand and rocks. Personally, I’d go with 245/65-17’s if I were changing, but I’m pretty happy with the 235/65-17 WildPeaks.
I'm sporting those 225/65/17 Perillis so not exactly overlanding in them, lol. they've been great for my daily commutes and even handled a couple of rocky trails without issue... but admittedly would like to have a more aggressive AT tread and as big a tire as I can fit in there but still actually get some real world use and not worry about pinches and rubs...

Prudence suggest I go with the factory recommended 235/65/17s... but my eyeballs want larger...ugh, I'm like a 58 year old teenager all over again with this new vehicle, ha!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sporting those 225/65/17 Perillis so not exactly overlanding in them, lol. they've been great for my daily commutes and even handled a couple of rocky trails without issue... but admittedly would like to have a more aggressive AT tread and as big a tire as I can fit in there but still actually get some real world use and not worry about pinches and rubs...

Prudence suggest I go with the factory recommended 235/65/17s... but my eyeballs want larger...ugh, I'm like a 58 year old teenager all over again with this new vehicle, ha!
The KO2’s will look more aggressive than the OEM WildPeaks. The edges on the OEM WildPeaks are more rounded to improve road noise. The 245/65-17 WildPeaks also have a more aggressive look because of the corners as well.

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
235/65 is a 29in tire and fits fine, the Badlands has that size as optional. 235/70 is a 30in tire and barely fits at full lock. 245/70 is a 30.4in tire and would rub, because of bigger diameter and a wider cross-section. Its not so much the travel/lift that is the issue, but the front/back of the wheel wells. I have read people doing mods to the inner liners and the pinch weld to get larger tires to fit, but without that they will rub.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Pros more side wall with a 70. Better in winter. 1 inch rubber lift from stock. Ride better than stock tires. Quieter. Look tough AF. Lol
Cons. Heavier than stock. Affects MPG by 1

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lol prudence for me was the 245/65. But said you live once and Discount has a liberal return policy. So I said F it I am going bigger sidewalls. Super glad I did. 2 weeks in and 700 miles no rub no issues. Go wheeling in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And did it for like 650 OTD

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Compressed they are going to rub. Plus side is liners are carpet and have some give. Also a HRG lift will solve this. But being this is wife's truck, it will most likely see Forrest roads and minor trails. Which should give zero issue. Not running this thing across Imogene Pass.... Yet.
Think I will stick with the 245 65 R17. I'd rather have the off road capabilities with my Badlands instead of looks. It does lđź‘€k good though.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I definitely subscribe to the larger sidewall “side” of life but honestly, after many years of wheeling, the difference of 10mm or 3/8’s of an inch in width or 12mm or 1/2 in of additional clearance isn’t going to change where this can or cannot go by much (IMO). When people are now wheeling with 37’s or 40’s, going from 29 to 30 isn’t changing things significantly.

Just changing to a more aggressive tread and squarer corner/edge gives it a much better look.
Sponsored