Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
So I pulled the trigger and joined the truck tire gang. Issue I was having was did I want to play it safe and find 245/65 or go tall and skinny and attempt 235/70. Well pretty happy with the results.

They clear! Even at full lock. But just barely. We are talking by say a quarter inch at full lock.

I pulled the trigger on the Firestones of all the available choices (and there are not many in this size) bc they were rated excellent in the mountains and damn it the Badlands needs better than fake ATs. Also I paid $155 per tire the list of $218. And a $60 rebate.

All said and done gained a inch lift from the bigger tires and it looks bad ass with the extra sidewall.

Any questions let me know. PSA this is a Badlands. Pretty damn sure these are not going on the lower suspension models unlifted.

Ford Bronco Sport 235/70/R17 Tires Fit!  On a Badlands but just barely. Firestone Destination AT2s IMG_20220609_145800396_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport 235/70/R17 Tires Fit!  On a Badlands but just barely. Firestone Destination AT2s IMG_20220609_145933393_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic Buy! How did you get them so cheap?
Good question. Discount Tire does price beating policy and the price is good for 14 days. Walmart had a dumb sale over memorial day weekend. Boom 155 a tire. Now they did get my ass for 103 to mount and balance them but that's whatever. Out the door after tax $760.

And the mail in rebate which will be good for a tank of fuel.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Question is do they clear at full lock with the suspension compressed? If it’s down to 1/4” behind the front tire sitting in your driveway, then I would worry about the clearance on a trail.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question is do they clear at full lock with the suspension compressed? If it’s down to 1/4” behind the front tire sitting in your driveway, then I would worry about the clearance on a trail.
Compressed they are going to rub. Plus side is liners are carpet and have some give. Also a HRG lift will solve this. But being this is wife's truck, it will most likely see Forrest roads and minor trails. Which should give zero issue. Not running this thing across Imogene Pass.... Yet.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Compressed they are going to rub. Plus side is liners are carpet and have some give. Also a HRG lift will solve this. But being this is wife's truck, it will most likely see Forrest roads and minor trails. Which should give zero issue. Not running this thing across Imogene Pass.... Yet.
A lift will only change when in the suspension travel the rub occurs, not if. Given your description of the use case, you are probably safe, maybe even without a lift.

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
So I pulled the trigger and joined the truck tire gang. Issue I was having was did I want to play it safe and find 245/65 or go tall and skinny and attempt 235/70. Well pretty happy with the results.

They clear! Even at full lock. But just barely. We are talking by say a quarter inch at full lock.

I pulled the trigger on the Firestones of all the available choices (and there are not many in this size) bc they were rated excellent in the mountains and damn it the Badlands needs better than fake ATs. Also I paid $155 per tire the list of $218. And a $60 rebate.

All said and done gained a inch lift from the bigger tires and it looks bad ass with the extra sidewall.

Any questions let me know. PSA this is a Badlands. Pretty damn sure these are not going on the lower suspension models unlifted.

Ford Bronco Sport 235/70/R17 Tires Fit!  On a Badlands but just barely. Firestone Destination AT2s IMG_20220609_145800396_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport 235/70/R17 Tires Fit!  On a Badlands but just barely. Firestone Destination AT2s IMG_20220609_145933393_HDR
OWL are the way it should be! Great job!

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Great tire. I ran them on a 08 Escape 4wd and they handled every type of terrain and weather condition we encountered. I'm happy to see they fit. My only concern was their weight as they are pretty heavy. That said, would like to have an update when you put some miles on them.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great tire. I ran them on a 08 Escape 4wd and they handled every type of terrain and weather condition we encountered. I'm happy to see they fit. My only concern was their weight as they are pretty heavy. That said, would like to have an update when you put some miles on them.
One of the reasons I went with these versus a KO 245/65 was the KOs weighed 37 and these are 33. Stock is 32 if I read up properly.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I have a Big Bend and the stock Condi's weigh 24lbs. I think the Firestone's will be alright. I'm figuring they're on the top end of the weight limit though.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

They look nice on your BL. Skinny? Naahhh! Anyways that is the maximum width Ford oficially recommends for our SUVs. Enjoy your ride! BTW, what about noise, does it bothers you at high speeds?

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look nice on your BL. Skinny? Naahhh! Anyways that is the maximum width Ford oficially recommends for our SUVs. Enjoy your ride! BTW, what about noise, does it bothers you at high speeds?
Have em aired up to 37 and they are a smidge louder than the stock tires, but that is to be expected being the aggressive tread and the harder tire compound

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Have em aired up to 37 and they are a smidge louder than the stock tires, but that is to be expected being the aggressive tread and the harder tire compound
Why do you have them at 37 PSI? The placard on the door says they should be 33 and if you check them on the tire pressure calculator you’ll find I should be even less than that with your new tires higher load rating.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks Moltenburn! It could be a choices for me, some times it is better half inch taller than a third wider!
Sponsored