2023 mid year price increase on Bronco Sport?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Does anyone know if Ford dropped a mid year price increase on the Sport? I don’t follow the B&P on the Sport anymore since I have mine, but the full size increased a lot including a 200.00 increase on D&D.

News of the mid-year price increases on big Bronco:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🤑-my-2023-bronco-msrp-price-just-increased-on-build-price-site-as-of-2-10-23.65903/post-1798537

Tim, @fordvideoguy can you or Zach @Granger Ford shed some light on the Sport and a mid year increase? It would seem that D&D would change if nothing else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Does anyone know if Ford dropped a mid year price increase on the Sport? I don’t follow the B&P on the Sport anymore since I have mine, but the full size increased a lot including a 200.00 increase on D&D.

News of the mid-year price increases on big Bronco:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🤑-my-2023-bronco-msrp-price-just-increased-on-build-price-site-as-of-2-10-23.65903/post-1798537

Tim, @fordvideoguy can you or Zach @Granger Ford shed some light on the Sport and a mid year increase? It would seem that D&D would change if nothing else.
I ordered my BSOBX on 8/30/22 and by the time I picked it up on 1/14/23 the price went up $750, luckily you get price protection when you order

OP
OP
Escape2Bronco

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my BSOBX on 8/30/22 and by the time I picked it up on 1/14/23 the price went up $750, luckily you get price protection when you order
Yes, mid year price increases are not supposed to be passed on to existing retail orders unless part of an ADXZ plan. Not all dealers or customers are aware of this.

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
I was z plan but still had price protection

OP
OP
Escape2Bronco

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I ordered my Big Bend on 9/21/22 and if I build it identical today on the build site it comes out the same as what I paid for it.

OP
OP
Escape2Bronco

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Big Bend on 9/21/22 and if I build it identical today on the build site it comes out the same as what I paid for it.
What about your D&D?

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I think prices went up on the OBX and above. I forget if the Heritage (non-limited) was included. I know the base and Big Bend did not have the price increase.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Yes, mid year price increases are not supposed to be passed on to existing retail orders unless part of an ADXZ plan. Not all dealers or customers are aware of this.
Or, the dealer is fully aware of Ford's "Price Protection" but pretends it does not exist, in a blatant attempt to rip off the customer.

In our case we were told, several times, that we were responsible for any/all MSRP increases -- from that day (our order date) until delivery.

The Badlands is the 6th new car I've purchased. All of them were dealer stock except the last one -- a 2002 WRX, bought in the spring of 2001, from the same (Ford/Subie) dealer. Back then, mid-year -- let alone multiple(!) -- MSRP increases were all but unheard of. That was new to me this time around.

Forcing the customer to pay a higher price than they agreed to, definitely didn't sound right (read: fraudulent), but nothing was in writing so rather than argue with the salesperson when we were uninformed, I just checked it out when we got home. This forum and Blue Oval were very helpful and quickly clarified the issue. The price at time of order is 'locked in' -- as is the case with essentially every purchase people make.

BTW -- the price increase ended up being something like $2,600 (which of course we did not pay). I'm glad I checked into it, but there are gullible people who blindly trust others -- because they naively assume everyone is basically as honest as they are.

Buyer beware. At least some dealerships are still running scams and attempting fraud.

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Also loan apr percentage is locked in or less it goes down then you get the better of the two, mine was 2.9 up to 60 months, I ordered 8/30/22 it's since went to 3.9 apr

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
This is interesting because my local dealership has all their bronco sports discounted 2% under MSRP. Of course they make up for it with the 20k markups on the fullsize.. but if you need a sport, you cant go wrong below sticker.

OP
OP
Escape2Bronco

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is interesting because my local dealership has all their bronco sports discounted 2% under MSRP. Of course they make up for it with the 20k markups on the fullsize.. but if you need a sport, you cant go wrong below sticker.
But even the sport has gone up a lot in the past year and half. I paid 32k for my BSBL after 6% under invoice pricing and rebates and the same vehicle now is over 40k pre discounts and rebates.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
But even the sport has gone up a lot in the past year and half. I paid 32k for my BSBL after 6% under invoice pricing and rebates and the same vehicle now is over 40k pre discounts and rebates.
What was your total "out the door" cost -- including tax, tags, title, delivery (rust proofing; pin stripes; floor mats; undercoating; paint protection; fabric guard, etc.)?

I'm hoping your answer will make me feel slightly better. :cool:

I just did a build of what we bought -- a base BSBL with cross bars and tow package -- and it came to $39,895. I could not find the roof rail crossbars(?) so I estimated the price on those.

Our sticker was $36,465 -- including destination. Tax/tags/title brought it to over $39,000 out the door.

OP
OP
Escape2Bronco

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was your total "out the door" cost -- including tax, tags, title, delivery (rust proofing; pin stripes; floor mats; undercoating; paint protection; fabric guard, etc.)?

I'm hoping your answer will make me feel slightly better. :cool:

I just did a build of what we bought -- a base BSBL with cross bars and tow package -- and it came to $39,895. I could not find the roof rail crossbars(?) so I estimated the price on those.

Our sticker was $36,465 -- including destination. Tax/tags/title brought it to over $39,000 out the door.
Unfortunately or fortunately, I’m not one for adding dealer installed items like rust proofing, scotchguard, environmental protection. I stick with the basics not including things I have added since purchasing. Mine listed (MSRP)for 36760 on the sticker including D&D. There was a price increase from the time I ordered and picked it up. Out the door was 32k and change not including taxes paid to the state of WI later after getting it in Iowa. WI IRS ended up auditing my transaction saying it was much lower than average so I had to back it up with the actual paperwork. When you title it yourself, you just write in the price. I’m thinking that’s how you know you got a good deal. Granger is a great dealer to work with even though they are 300 miles away.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/6-under-invoice-on-2022-bronco-sport.4014/
Sponsored

Last edited: