2023 mid year price increase on Bronco Sport?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Unfortunately or fortunately, I’m not one for adding dealer installed items like rust proofing, scotchguard, environmental protection. I stick with the basics not including things I have added since purchasing. Mine listed (MSRP)for 36760 on the sticker including D&D. There was a price increase from the time I ordered and picked it up. Out the door was 32k and change not including taxes paid to the state of WI later after getting it in Iowa. WI IRS ended up auditing my transaction saying it was much lower than average so I had to back it up with the actual paperwork. When you title it yourself, you just write in the price. I’m thinking that’s how you know you got a good deal. Granger is a great dealer to work with even though they are 300 miles away.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/6-under-invoice-on-2022-bronco-sport.4014/
I should have made it more clear that the "(rust proofing; pin stripes; floor mats; undercoating; paint protection; fabric guard, etc.)?" was a joke. I can tell from your posts you would not go for that stuff. That was just my way of poking fun at the dealers that try to sell all of that add-on junk.

$32,000 plus WI sales tax -- so ~$34,000?

Nope, I'm still sad. :frown:

You may have read a previous comment in which I say that I was tempted to go to Grainger -- they looked good then, and still do -- but I was concerned about the many hassles I've had in the past when trying to get warranty work done at a dealer that did not sell us the vehicle. If it weren't for that, I would probably have gone there. It would have been 2,000 miles round trip in one of our existing vehicles, plus an additional 1,000 on the BSBL to drive it back to Maryland from north of Des Moines. Most sources say it costs about $0.60/mile to drive, so that's about $1,800 plus time on the road (whatever one figures their time is worth), but still worth it.

On top of that, our dealer attempted to rip us off at least 4 different ways. Going in, I had no reason to think they would be that way, since: I bought my WRX from them, and that went fine; almost all of the reviews I read (on 4 different sites) about their sales dept were positive (no mentions of attempted fraud); and they've been in business over a century.

Had I known how they would treat us I would have gone somewhere else -- probably Granger -- and not given so much weight to warranty work.

BTW -- I lived in Madison for a while 40 years ago, and have relatives near Ontario, WI (east of La Crosse). What general area are you in?
Sponsored