Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am in luck then. I am ordering under the x plan. The dealer is not allowed to change the price on me. Worse case they just won't let me order it right away as they will use all their slots for people who they can up charge. Guess I will find out in a few days.
Sponsored

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I am in luck then. I am ordering under the x plan. The dealer is not allowed to change the price on me. Worse case they just won't let me order it right away as they will use all their slots for people who they can up charge. Guess I will find out in a few days.
Your order should get priority. Ford wants to sell custom orders now. They don't want thousands of cars on dealer lots anymore. If everybody custom orders their car, then they know exactly what they need to build instead of letting dealers order for stock, which usually ends up in requiring rebates to reduce inventory. This way they can minimize supply & demand issues.

Ford, as well as the other car companys have found that they are making more profits now because of reduced inventory and no rebates. That's why they want people to order their cars instead of buying from dealer inventory, that's why they are offering the $1000 cash back. Trust me, the dealers don't like this new selling model. They want to have thousands of cars on their lots because they get a lot of people coming in, knowing that they will be able to sell them something.

The hard part for the automakers is to get the customer used to ordering exactly what they want vs buying off the lot. What happens when you buy from dealer stock is you end up paying more for the car becasue they are usually loaded with options, many that you don't want, but you can get your car right away. Ordering to your exact specifications will save you money in the long run, plus you get the exact car you want, options, colors etc.

I'm a retired Engineer from Ford, so I get A/Z plan. I have never purchased from dealer stock, I always custom order. The dealers hate me when I walk in because the first thing I say is I want to order a car, and the first thing they say is we have plently of inventory. Also, I can tell you from my experience, that custom orders get priority over dealer stock orders because Ford considers them as "sold" orders meaning that they will be gone as soon as they arrive at the dealer, vs sitting in dealer inventory for who knows how long.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Your order should get priority. Ford wants to sell custom orders now. They don't want thousands of cars on dealer lots anymore. If everybody custom orders their car, then they know exactly what they need to build instead of letting dealers order for stock, which usually ends up in requiring rebates to reduce inventory. This way they can minimize supply & demand issues.

Ford, as well as the other car companys have found that they are making more profits now because of reduced inventory and no rebates. That's why they want people to order their cars instead of buying from dealer inventory, that's why they are offering the $1000 cash back. Trust me, the dealers don't like this new selling model. They want to have thousands of cars on their lots because they get a lot of people coming in, knowing that they will be able to sell them something.

The hard part for the automakers is to get the customer used to ordering exactly what they want vs buying off the lot. What happens when you buy from dealer stock is you end up paying more for the car becasue they are usually loaded with options, many that you don't want, but you can get your car right away. Ordering to your exact specifications will save you money in the long run, plus you get the exact car you want, options, colors etc.

I'm a retired Engineer from Ford, so I get A/Z plan. I have never purchased from dealer stock, I always custom order. The dealers hate me when I walk in because the first thing I say is I want to order a car, and the first thing they say is we have plently of inventory. Also, I can tell you from my experience, that custom orders get priority over dealer stock orders because Ford considers them as "sold" orders meaning that they will be gone as soon as they arrive at the dealer, vs sitting in dealer inventory for who knows how long.
I ordered my OB in August. It was easy and painless. (Trade in and financing, as usual, were awful. I need to work on that.) Once my husband saw how easy the ordering was, and how I got exactly what I wanted, he said he will be ordering his next vehicle.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford

That interesting but a couple weeks ago 4 month after I ordered my BS an identical ( less tow package) showed up at a different nearby dealer , the dealer said it was a very early stock order, apparently they did not hold this vehicle and take the missing parts for mine out of its parts bin abc put them on mine ! They delivered the dealer vehicle and took the $5000 Ford wide premium from who ever bought it! ( I would have taken it if it had a the full tow package !)

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I have been ordering my vehicles for 23 years. The dealership I work with is 20 miles from home even though there 5 within a 10 mile radius of my home. All 5 have a lot of new cars on their lot that they want you to settle for or will find one for you and won't order anything. They say they can't make as good a deal on an order as they can one on the lot, which is total BS. They need to unload the the ones on the lot because they are paying interest on the loan money they used to buy the vehicle from the manufacturer.

So, Ford going to the special order sales model is ok to me.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

They didn’t prioritize mine, i custom ordered in March with X plan and it’s still sitting in the desert when others built after me are starting to be delivered.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just back from the dealer. According to the sales guy I talked to the order banks for the 2022 sport are open. I went a bit too early because the guy who does the x plan orders wasn't there yet but they did get my basic information and made copies of everything they should need. Assuming there are no complications I should get an email today or tomorrow at the latest with my order setup and ready to go in and sign.

There is always the possibility the guy I talked to was wrong, but I have high hopes. Once I sign on the line I can add myself to the waiting list and be one of the cool kids :)

roaddiet

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Just back from the dealer. According to the sales guy I talked to the order banks for the 2022 sport are open. I went a bit too early because the guy who does the x plan orders wasn't there yet but they did get my basic information and made copies of everything they should need. Assuming there are no complications I should get an email today or tomorrow at the latest with my order setup and ready to go in and sign.

There is always the possibility the guy I talked to was wrong, but I have high hopes. Once I sign on the line I can add myself to the waiting list and be one of the cool kids :)
Any new colors? xD

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Didn't get to that part sadly. Most people at Ford don't seem to know all that much about Broncos of either flavor. My contact sent an email saying it should all be done in the morning tomorrow. I know exactly what I want so they didn't try to sell me anything. Didn't mention any problems so cyber orange at least still seems to be on the table. Fingers crossed.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
2022 Bronco Sport Order Guide. Not happy with the color changes. I was going to order rapid red, but of course they deleted it just like they did on the big bronco. Hot pepper red sucks!
Not surprising but agreed. Rapid red is a great color and hot pepper red is too orange. Cool to see metallic velocity blue on the Sport, though: will look good with the black roof on OB and Badlands, or a white wrap.

Also, universal garage door opener is now an option! Other than that, fairly minor changes as predicted by a few people here.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
It'll be interesting to see what Bronze Smoke looks like

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
2022 Bronco Sport Order Guide. Not happy with the color changes. I was going to order rapid red, but of course they deleted it just like they did on the big bronco. Hot pepper red sucks!
So Badlands trim is not discontinued after all. ?

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta