First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey all , just joined up and thought I would give you a quick rundown of the BS as it stands today.

I’m debating taking the rear spacer lift off to level the BS I was able to keep the front factory tow-hooks and paint them.
the tires do not rub but there are close at full lock.

2022 badlands
1.25” HRG Lift
245/70r17 BFG KO2
Fifteen52 wheels
Rough country nudge bar
Rhino rack pioneer platform
Magnaflow dual exhaust

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 56A25BB7-04C3-4CD8-B78A-D6D78DAEFCED
I'm eyeing that rack for my BL... what parts did you use to attach to the Broncos side rails? I like the flatter profile and don't see a need to add cross rails, however I will admit I have a moonroof and so that might NOT clear unless I DO use a set of cross bars...
Sponsored

BajaBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Great looking Badlands.. !!! I just installed the HRG kit myself in 4 hours. Watched the factory video a few times. Wrote down the Step X Step and knocked it out fast. I grinded my struts on my bench grinder and painted them with black rustoleum. Took 60 seconds. No rubbing but looking at it installed.. Probable didn't need to do it.

Tightened every thing down VERY good but getting a clicking sound on the drivers side. Obviously disheartening as I followed every step precisely and tightened everything REALLY GOOD.. Maybe a faulty sway bar link. They are notorious to cause clicking. Had that in my Escape several times. HAS ANYONE OUT HERE HAD THAT SAME ISSUE RIGHT AFTER INSTALL OF THE HRG KIT..??? I put on the 1.25" front end kit as suggested for the Badland. I did NOT put in the rear spacers yet .. After reading several posts advising they weren't really needed.. I choose to follow past experience. I will install a set of Air Lyft 1000 series airbags to the rear for times with a load. Had them in my 4x4 Escape and LOVED THEM.

I'm mounting a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers 245 / 70 / 17 tomorrow. They were just over 30" and not the 30.5" that most 70 series offroad treads were. Plus a great tire design. Will post pix when she is done.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Great looking Badlands.. !!! I just installed the HRG kit myself in 4 hours. Watched the factory video a few times. Wrote down the Step X Step and knocked it out fast. I grinded my struts on my bench grinder and painted them with black rustoleum. Took 60 seconds. No rubbing but looking at it installed.. Probable didn't need to do it.

Tightened every thing down VERY good but getting a clicking sound on the drivers side. Obviously disheartening as I followed every step precisely and tightened everything REALLY GOOD.. Maybe a faulty sway bar link. They are notorious to cause clicking. Had that in my Escape several times. HAS ANYONE OUT HERE HAD THAT SAME ISSUE RIGHT AFTER INSTALL OF THE HRG KIT..??? I put on the 1.25" front end kit as suggested for the Badland. I did NOT put in the rear spacers yet .. After reading several posts advising they weren't really needed.. I choose to follow past experience. I will install a set of Air Lyft 1000 series airbags to the rear for times with a load. Had them in my 4x4 Escape and LOVED THEM.

I'm mounting a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers 245 / 70 / 17 tomorrow. They were just over 30" and not the 30.5" that most 70 series offroad treads were. Plus a great tire design. Will post pix when she is done.
I wonder if that 245/70/17 would fit a badlands first edition stock suspension?

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 BC597DDA-F250-4654-95FC-694A1E7570AF

BajaBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
OK... clicking issue fixed .!! No fault of the HRG lift kit. Merely the bottom nut on the passenger side sway bar link. Managed another 1/2 turn on it and the clicks dissapeared immediately.

After reading a few blogs here, it was suggested on the Badlands that the rear spacer lifts were not really needed. Instead, just an install of the 1.25" front spacers. Perhaps the rear sits higher from the factory, and I assume it may be a higher spring rate in the rear that is not used in the other models. I mounted the front kit.. Then the 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers and the Badlands sits PERFECT. I'll be installing a set of Air Lift 1000 series airbags in the rear springs which gives me the option to increase load simply with a few extra pounds of air in the bags when camping with more gear or when towing my boat.

NOTE: I adjusted the upper top "cam" bolt that mounts the bottom of the strut to allow the axle to sit at its inner most position. This provided an excellent alignment after the install. I will still have it checked at a tire shop for PERFECT alignment... but it drives great in that setting.

The tires fit GREAT..!!! LOOK GREAT... And NO RUBBING AT ALL...!!!

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 20220527_162852

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 20220527_181033

BajaBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Great looking BS..!!! Quick question..??? Did you feel any h.p. gain from the Magnaflow exhaust..??? I'm not sure how restrictive the stock set up is but I'm running a K&N air filter to get air into the box and into the cylinders quicker and having an exhaust that allows air out of the combustion with less restriction should get some level of gain...

OP
OP
BSoftRoader

BSoftRoader

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco sport
Great looking BS..!!! Quick question..??? Did you feel any h.p. gain from the Magnaflow exhaust..??? I'm not sure how restrictive the stock set up is but I'm running a K&N air filter to get air into the box and into the cylinders quicker and having an exhaust that allows air out of the combustion with less restriction should get some level of gain...
Nah nothing noticeable, just sounds a bit better.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Any more details, pros/cons on the HRG lift? Is it a spacer lift?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Any more details, pros/cons on the HRG lift? Is it a spacer lift?
HRG is a spacer lift. There are H&R springs available which give the same lift. Then there is a full spring/shock/strut system available ($2500), posted here somewhere. Those are the options right now.

Reactions: Jrl

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
HRG is a spacer lift. There are H&R springs available which give the same lift. Then there is a full spring/shock/strut system available ($2500), posted here somewhere. Those are the options right now.
Thanks! Will probably not do a lift. Have BFK KO2 245/65/17s. Just ordered the HRG skid. I really like the stock suspension.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Will probably not do a lift. Have BFK KO2 245/65/17s. Just ordered the HRG skid. I really like the stock suspension.
What about the 245/. 70/ 17. 30.5 inch ford said that is the max on tires unless you do a small lift . Our badlands already has a lift from factory .

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 C67348E4-9CD5-43A1-A956-DC24E0E5AFD9

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What about the 245/. 70/ 17. 30.5 inch ford said that is the max on tires unless you do a small lift . Our badlands already has a lift from factory .

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 C67348E4-9CD5-43A1-A956-DC24E0E5AFD9
Pretty sure 245/65/17 is max without a lift.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure 245/65/17 is max without a lift.
That would be a 1/2 inch higher than what I am at with the 235 . Ok thanks
Sponsored