BSoftRoader

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco sport
That looks amazing. Did you have to install a positive control arm for the rear when you added those tires? Just had an alignment after the same lift and the tech said I would need it for any bigger tires.
No , just what came in the kit from HRG.
4k miles on the tires and lift with no issues.
Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looks great! Does it attach directly to the factory rails?

Also, When I looked at their site it recommends a Pioneer 49x60?

CallahanMan

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 2013 Rock Warrior
I'm eyeing that rack for my BL... what parts did you use to attach to the Broncos side rails? I like the flatter profile and don't see a need to add cross rails, however I will admit I have a moonroof and so that might NOT clear unless I DO use a set of cross bars...
I’m also interested to know about moonroof. AAAAND I’d love to know which size that platform is. Each Barnard (Yakima, ARB, rhino rack) at least those three, have some different dimensions

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
looking good!

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Excelente im planning to add this lift to my badlands
https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-sport-lift-kit-40131.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-sport-4wd-856087
and some
BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2
  • 245/65 R17 111S
I hope it will be fine been reading here that it wont rub i love how the 70s look put i don't want to spend money on wheels that will rub
I would recommend HRG over Rough Country for the lift. Two reasons, HRG includes longer sway bar end links instead of the extensions that have caused issues with others here. Second is that unless they have updated the strut top parts, they won’t allow the strut to sit flush with the extension and that will lead to clunking noises.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would recommend HRG over Rough Country for the lift. Two reasons, HRG includes longer sway bar end links instead of the extensions that have caused issues with others here. Second is that unless they have updated the strut top parts, they won’t allow the strut to sit flush with the extension and that will lead to clunking noises.

i was planning on using LIFTED STRUTS | FORD BRONCO SPORT 4WD (21-22) not the spacer

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 1665607889716

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was planning on using LIFTED STRUTS | FORD BRONCO SPORT 4WD (21-22) not the spacer

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands lifted on 1.25” HRG Lift and BFG Ko2 1665607889716
You might want to do a little internet searching/reading about Rough Country shocks/struts. I don’t have any first hand knowledge but …….

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might want to do a little internet searching/reading about Rough Country shocks/struts. I don’t have any first hand knowledge but …….
most comment I’ve seen have been good, what have you heard/read?

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Most people that replace their shocks/suspension have no real world experience outside of oem setups. That’s why they like rough country. They’ve never used a real good setup. Probs not too bad on the BS. But I wouldn’t ever run their stuff. There’s also not many options. Rough country is cheap and flatout is way too pricey.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
most comment I’ve seen have been good, what have you heard/read?
There was at least one mention of them here on this forum but it was probably 6 months ago now. I will say that I have done "low cost" suspension replacements on another vehicle. I was never happy with that and once that was changed for a "medium cost" suspension replacement, it was proven to me that the low cost option isn't even worth the low cost. When a spacer lift is available for $300-400, it would seem that a full replacement of springs/shocks/struts for $600-700 is cutting some major corners somewhere.

I know it is hard to stomach the cost of the FlatOut Suspension upgrade, but at some point you have to realize that you do get what you pay for. That being said, you can also overpay for something, but in this case I think it is pretty clear that Rough Country kit is not going to be a high quality suspension.

If you've done research on the Rough Country kit and you believe it fits your needs, then ignore all of this.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was at least one mention of them here on this forum but it was probably 6 months ago now. I will say that I have done "low cost" suspension replacements on another vehicle. I was never happy with that and once that was changed for a "medium cost" suspension replacement, it was proven to me that the low cost option isn't even worth the low cost. When a spacer lift is available for $300-400, it would seem that a full replacement of springs/shocks/struts for $600-700 is cutting some major corners somewhere.

I know it is hard to stomach the cost of the FlatOut Suspension upgrade, but at some point you have to realize that you do get what you pay for. That being said, you can also overpay for something, but in this case I think it is pretty clear that Rough Country kit is not going to be a high quality suspension.

If you've done research on the Rough Country kit and you believe it fits your needs, then ignore all of this.
Thanks clearly I don’t know lol I’m new to all of this but all the info I can get is welcome here in Mexico is hard to get the parts and they cost even more so I need all the info I can get thanks!

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks clearly I don’t know lol I’m new to all of this but all the info I can get is welcome here in Mexico is hard to get the parts and they cost even more so I need all the info I can get thanks!
can you recommend me a good one?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think it's vital to differentiate between competing goals when it comes to lifts. If your goal is to just change the looks of your vehicle without damaging driveline components, then just about any of the lift kits that are on offer will likely suit your needs. This assumes you are willing to accept the higher risk of a roll-over accident that comes with raising your vehicle's center of gravity.

If your goal is to improve off-road capability, then the quality of components and how they perform on the vehicle become far more critical.

My advice for those looking to improve off-road performance is to start with an honest evaluation of the OEM suspension components, which I would not consider inferior. If you've never driven your Badlands off-road you may be jumping the gun on suspension upgrades.

Something that many fail to consider when it comes to suspension upgrades is how they will change driving characteristics. More ground clearance is generally considered a good thing when going off road, but getting it often results in undesirable changes to road manners. Ford designed the OEM suspension to be a good compromise between on- and off-road capabilities. If you change components to increase one capability you will almost certainly compromise the other in some way.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's vital to differentiate between competing goals when it comes to lifts. If your goal is to just change the looks of your vehicle without damaging driveline components, then just about any of the lift kits that are on offer will likely suit your needs. This assumes you are willing to accept the higher risk of a roll-over accident that comes with raising your vehicle's center of gravity.

If your goal is to improve off-road capability, then the quality of components and how they perform on the vehicle become far more critical.

My advice for those looking to improve off-road performance is to start with an honest evaluation of the OEM suspension components, which I would not consider inferior. If you've never driven your Badlands off-road you may be jumping the gun on suspension upgrades.

Something that many fail to consider when it comes to suspension upgrades is how they will change driving characteristics. More ground clearance is generally considered a good thing when going off road, but getting it often results in undesirable changes to road manners. Ford designed the OEM suspension to be a good compromise between on- and off-road capabilities. If you change components to increase one capability you will almost certainly compromise the other in some way.

thanks that something i was not considering right now im planning to go off-road on some mild routs something more family oriented but this weekend i struggle a little bit with the high of the vehicle my goal is to have a 70 road 30 off road driving im new to this so that's it maybe ill go and upgrade the wheels first thank you all
Sponsored