Badlands
First Name
Delbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Hello all. First post here.

I do like driving the BS Badlands, although problems can quickly kill the joyful experience. Some issues encountered are solved, others not. Here goes...
1) I began to experience the dreaded Vehicle Network Communication Error while driving. The vehicle remained driveable but the dash spedo, tach and screen went blank after displaying a string of numerous error messages. Sometimes it would seemingly reboot and resume near normal function, with a check engine or maintenance trouble light illuminated. It would happen whenever I drove the vehicle. Very unnerving. The dealer found a TSB for certain 2022 / 2023 units and performed the recommended software upgrade. It seems to have fixed the issue, so far. Just wanted others who might be seeing this same problem to know of the software patch available.
2) My odometer and digital spedo MPG indicators randomly switch from Miles to Kilometers. I've reset it numerous times, as have other owners on this forum. I have not heard of a permanent fix for this problem and the aforementioned software patch didn't fix it. I've tried resetting it from the steering wheel control and the screen menu to no avail. Anyone had success in getting this annoyance permanently fixed?
3) My rear brakes squeal horribly when backing up. I've read other complaints and the dealer solution of resurfacing the rear pads works only briefly. Anyone found a better/permanent fix from their dealer?
4) My digital speedometer consistently displays 4 MPH faster than the old style analog speedometer. I have not found a way to recalibrate this. Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I'm running the factory tires/rims.

Thanks in advance for any help! I see another trip to the dealership in my future.

Very unsettling for a vehicle with <14K miles. The dealer found a TSB for certain '22/'23
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
1) I began to experience the dreaded Vehicle Network Communication Error while driving. … The dealer found a TSB for certain 2022 / 2023 units and performed the recommended software upgrade.

3) My rear brakes squeal horribly when backing up. I've read other complaints and the dealer solution of resurfacing the rear pads works only briefly. Anyone found a better/permanent fix from their dealer?

4) My digital speedometer consistently displays 4 MPH faster than the old style analog speedometer.
#1 - you might have the specific TSB # shown on the paperwork provided for this repair by your dealership and it would be helpful to others if you could provide that specific TSB #. Can you provide it?

I’ve see a few others discuss the same
Network Communication Error which may be due to the software in the gateway module. For example, SSM 50336: “To correct this condition, reprogram the gateway module to latest software level using the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool”.

#3 You could ask the dealership to perform TSB 23-2041: Moan Noise In The Rear Brakes When Vehicle Is Driven In Reverse (R) On Cold Weather And/Or High Humidity, Supersedes 22-2326.

Unfortunately TSB 23-2041 may have mixed results as others reported that TSB did not fix the issue and some have tried other solutions including replacing their brake pads with ceramic pads.

#4 How did you determine the digital speedometer on your Badlands consistently displays 4 MPH faster than the old style analog speedometer?

Btw your dealership should be able to check and correct the calibration for your digital speedometer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Delbo

Badlands
First Name
Delbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Thanks for the reply and info. I have attached the paperwork from the dealer service. I see many numbers but cannot see a specific TSB number. The serviceman did read the TSB to me over the phone and it was a good description of the problem I experienced. Appears to be fixed now since I haven't had the Communication failure since. Fingers crossed.

I have the digital speedometer displayed, along with the analog spedo. I noticed when I drive 45mph per the analog dial, the digital displays 4mph higher. Its always tracks a 4mph higher display on the digital no mater the speed I drive. I do not know which one is correct. I'll see if the dealer can do a calibration.

I'll also ask the dealership to perform TSB 23-2041 to see if it corrects the brake squeal. Thanks for the tip. Its just embarrassing for such a cool vehicle to attract attention in that way. Not good advertising for sure.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 BS Badlands - has some issues.  Help dealership doc1

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 BS Badlands - has some issues.  Help service dept doc2

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks like the dealer cleared old stored codes and could not replicate the issues you observed and noted.

I know back in the day when we used to have computer issues that were not caused by faulty hardware we would say a bit must have stuck sideways, a resetting of all connections was performed and a reboot and all would function normally again.

Hopefully the issues with your BS remain resolved.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello all. First post here.

I do like driving the BS Badlands, although problems can quickly kill the joyful experience. Some issues encountered are solved, others not. Here goes...
1) I began to experience the dreaded Vehicle Network Communication Error while driving. The vehicle remained driveable but the dash spedo, tach and screen went blank after displaying a string of numerous error messages. Sometimes it would seemingly reboot and resume near normal function, with a check engine or maintenance trouble light illuminated. It would happen whenever I drove the vehicle. Very unnerving. The dealer found a TSB for certain 2022 / 2023 units and performed the recommended software upgrade. It seems to have fixed the issue, so far. Just wanted others who might be seeing this same problem to know of the software patch available.
2) My odometer and digital spedo MPG indicators randomly switch from Miles to Kilometers. I've reset it numerous times, as have other owners on this forum. I have not heard of a permanent fix for this problem and the aforementioned software patch didn't fix it. I've tried resetting it from the steering wheel control and the screen menu to no avail. Anyone had success in getting this annoyance permanently fixed?
4) My digital speedometer consistently displays 4 MPH faster than the old style analog speedometer. I have not found a way to recalibrate this. Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I'm running the factory tires/rims.

Thanks in advance for any help! I see another trip to the dealership in my future.

Very unsettling for a vehicle with <14K miles. The dealer found a TSB for certain '22/'23
Hey there. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your concerns.

OP
OP

Delbo

Badlands
First Name
Delbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Excellent! Looks like Ford is actively trying to correct this brake noise embarrassment. Thank you for updating. I'm returning to the dealer on 12/26 and will request this service.
Unfortunately the error messages for rear assist, parking brake, wrench logo and a few more have reappeared despite the software patch. Shut the car off and restart and the wrench warning light goes out, at least for awhile. More work to do, FORD.
Sponsored