Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
My bad lands has been running a little rough around 2k rpm. It tends to jump up and down and you can feel it when accelerating lightly. I am taking to dealer this week. It has around 64k on it. Any ideas or feed back, also no codes or engine lights.
Sponsored

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
My bad lands has been running a little rough around 2k rpm. It tends to jump up and down and you can feel it when accelerating lightly. I am taking to dealer this week. It has around 64k on it. Any ideas or feed back, also no codes or engine lights.
It could be any of a lot of different things. Something in the emissions system, faulty coil pack, spark plug, turbo or wastegate problem, or an intermittent short somewhere in a wiring harness. Best to wait it out and see what the dealer finds.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Could be as simple as bad gas. Try another brand of premium 93 octane that is different than what you typically run and do an Italian tune up and do a few hard runs on the hiway to see if it clears up the issue.

OP
OP
Juanchoch

Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I’ve recently changed to Costco premium grade to see if it improves but hasn’t helped. It consistently at 2 k rpms you can see the needle jump 100 rpms then back. I don’t know if maybe the tranny is shifting erratically but I will see what the dealers find out.

OP
OP
Juanchoch

Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Dealer thinks it is transmission related now I have to leave it while it gets inline to be checked by their transmission dept. I’m also getting my moaning back brakes finally repaired and I’m getting charged even though I told them about this while it was under warranty

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Sounds like torque converter….having same issues with 2.0L. Edge….waiting for parts.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Dealer thinks it is transmission related now I have to leave it while it gets inline to be checked by their transmission dept. I’m also getting my moaning back brakes finally repaired and I’m getting charged even though I told them about this while it was under warranty
Do you have paperwork on reporting the brakes while under warranty? If so, then its documented, and they should cover it...good faith warranty.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there, Juan! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this rough running concern. Thanks!
Sponsored