CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have a 2021 OB. There is a 110v outlet at the rear of the center console. Today I plugged in a sawzall so I could cut some wood down at the river. I guess I should have checked it out at home before I wasted my time. The sawzall would not run at all on the meager amount of power being produced. And..yes I did have the engine running and yes the indicator light did show that the outlet was working. So. When Ford says it is 110v 150Watt they are stretching that a lot.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a 2021 OB. There is a 110v outlet at the rear of the center console. Today I plugged in a sawzall so I could cut some wood down at the river. I guess I should have checked it out at home before I wasted my time. The sawzall would not run at all on the meager amount of power being produced. And..yes I did have the engine running and yes the indicator light did show that the outlet was working. So. When Ford says it is 110v 150Watt they are stretching that a lot.
A sawzall needs a least 1,650 watts........

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Yeah, power tools are generally rated in amps only.
Reciprocating saws range from 8 to 15 amps at full power, so ~880 to 1650 watts at 110v.

Also, all but the biggest and fanciest inverters donā€™t deal well with spikes in current, and put out an AC wave form that some motors donā€™t like.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
It's meant to charge a Phone or Lap top or other such devices . Your post makes me want a battery operated Saws all now more than ever .

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
It's meant to charge a Phone or Lap top or other such devices . Your post makes me want a battery operated Saws all now more than ever .
You can buy a cordless sawzall. Every manufacturer makes one. I have a Makita sawzall running off of a 18 volt battery. Get a 8-9ā€ pruning blade and you can cut wood. Makita also makes an electric chainsaw that runs off of two batteries. Pretty quiet.

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
On this subject, what about a coffee maker or electric griddle for a camping trip. I realize thatā€™s not true camping but it is convenient. Will either of those work? Or even an electric hot water pot?

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
On this subject, what about a coffee maker or electric griddle for a camping trip. I realize thatā€™s not true camping but it is convenient. Will either of those work? Or even an electric hot water pot?
Short answer.......NO. Almost anything that uses electricity to produce heat will draw too much amperage to function on this system.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
The BL 110 output is limited to 400 watts, the lower trims are 100 watts....... think light bulb... :wink:

Good for a laptop or string of LED's.