First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
A few weeks back we received our 1.5” lift kit from rough country. I went ahead and did the install myself, which took about 4 hours. Not bad considering I was working out of a 1 car garage in an apartment complex with 1 jack stand - the install was pretty simple! Something to note, the car rides stiffer once the kit is installed, I think the leverage ratio changes a lot on the shock so it feels stiffer n

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5" Rough Country lift kit installed - notes & feedback 741CCFA6-13F4-48FA-8D8C-FC01743A2358

Now that the install was done I needed to find an alignment place - and here’s where it got difficult. Not a single place I called had a spec for the bronco sport. I called roughly 10 shops in the area and nothing because Ford hadn’t released the spec for the alignment software everyone uses. Finally I decided to call the Ford dealer, I was hesitant because of the assumed cost. They told me they could do it no problem and come on down! So I dropped my car off only to be told hours later, they couldn’t align it because Ford hadn’t updated the spec!! After my frustrated response we finally settled at, maybe in 3 weeks theyll get the spec and camber adjusters. So I was left to find an old school alignment shop and got it done there - but the waste of time from Ford made me angry.

So we took the little bronco out last Saturday, to Baldy Mesa OHV with our daughter and our dogs. Almost immediately I noticed a loud clunking. I knew it was the sway bar links right away from the way the car was acting. Turns out the sway bar link nuts came loose at the drop down bracket (from the lift kit). I cranked them down and kept going, everything was fine until a day later I noticed the clunking again. So I’m assuming the included nuts aren’t the tightest, so I’ll be replacing them with nylon lock nuts and some red loctite.

Other than that the car handled great with the lift!

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5" Rough Country lift kit installed - notes & feedback 2E994ED6-A932-4D80-B019-CC20E6B8AEA4
Sponsored

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I installed mine about a week or so ago, the ride over bumps is now unbearably stiff, on flat road with no bumps I notice nothing at all.

the ride quality with this kit is horrible compared to stock if there is any road imperfections.

do you notice this?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
These look like the original, option wheel and tire? Any plan for a taller/wider tire? Might improve the rided quality/comfort...?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I installed mine about a week or so ago, the ride over bumps is now unbearably stiff, on flat road with no bumps I notice nothing at all.

the ride quality with this kit is horrible compared to stock if there is any road imperfections.

do you notice this?
Just why I'm leery of anything over a 1" lift that's been demonstrated/proven by Ford and/or their partners in front of the public. The kits can change out the sway bar links, and rear links, and add top or bottom strut/shock spacers -- but they can't change the rest of the suspension parts/geometry as easily (nor inexpensively). The shock/strut, and springs are not 'stretched,' but I'd expect the rest to behave differently, extended 1.5" beyond the originally intended ride height. I'm concerned about tightening the new parts, including the bolts on the new spacers, from time to time? Various kits for the Renegade Trailhawk also add spacers/relocation brackets for things like brake lines -- and the drive shaft to the rear (they lower it in line with the suspension and away from the consequently raised floor pan). In all honesty? I'm excited to say 'goodbye' to all of the broken front springs, tire and wheel damage I get going up against all of the potholes, curbs, etc. in my area -- so that the specific Badlands suspension with added ride height and travel (and the hydraulic bump stops), along with smaller 17" wheels and bigger sidewalls are all a big plus for me. Going off-road, I'm looking forward to some new trail adventures! So long as it has the same great road manners it had when I test-drove it.

OP
OP
MRanderson

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
These look like the original, option wheel and tire? Any plan for a taller/wider tire? Might improve the rided quality/comfort...?
These are the optional 18” wheels and new tires. 245/60r18 wildpeak at trails. The ride quality is improved a lot when you air down to 25psi, which I do when off-road.

OP
OP
MRanderson

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend

do you notice this?
Yes as I mentioned the ride is much stiffer now and it makes sense, the arms sit at a lower leverage point now making the coil act as if it’s much stiffer. The ground clearance is worth it to me since that’s been a problem thus far for hitting the trails. For traction and comfort I air down my tires

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The ground clearance is worth it to me since that’s been a problem thus far for hitting the trails.
This is why I want a lift (but will probably stay away from the RC lift). TBH, that has been my main (and probably only) complaint with the BS. Had they given this vehicle 9"+ ground clearance stock on ALL trims, that would have been awesome. It would have made it that much easier to get over 10" with larger tires and a 1" suspension lift.

BkBronco

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have to thank some of you guys in this thread for updating everyone on your experiences. I had a RC lift sitting here waiting to be installed and after a few of these threads I've decided to send it back for now. They had great customer service , but I'm gonna wait it out and see whats else comes out..

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

do you notice this?
That’s why the lift kit is called “Rough Country”.
Sponsored