JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 20 Ford F-150, 14 Mustang GT
Don't listen to him, I want pictures and a write up. :)
Tools Required:
-Pry Tool
-T25 Torx w/ratchet

First you will go inside your vehicle and locate the shifter dial/cup holder area.
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 7EDFD8EF-422B-4621-8932-95DAB7927B34

Then you will pry it out from the front first as there are tabs in the back that lock it in place.
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 9BDCFCB2-8B77-4ABE-9D32-E4AA9EFA1114
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 5ED91C4F-5FD7-4E8A-974E-85412AAAE0E4

After removal of trim, flip it around on a side (optional to disconnect every connector if you want more wiggle room). I didn’t disconnect any other connector besides the pre-wired cup holder connector.
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 024D6758-8144-4DAC-834B-AF56D14BDF62

Once that is disconnected you can go ahead and remove the 3 T25 Torx screws holding the cup holder in place. Once removed just wiggle it off and remove it then install the new ambient lighting cup holder in its place and reconnect connector and snap it back and place and enjoy!
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting BD052064-3D58-4F4E-8094-669F801944DB
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting F657D6BE-9D04-4AB5-B6A9-2A1F78E7E11F
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting A45459F2-F023-4196-B227-A101492584F7

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Super cool!

Very curious to see if my 22 BB with the convenience package has the capability to do these!

Deleted member 6309

At first I thought maybe since its an Outer Banks it comes without the cup holder lighting, but I went to several dealers and apparently none come with it. According to parts.
My OBX has it.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My OBX has it.
I guess some do come with it. Mine didn’t and at my local ford with the parts catalog 21-22 BB didn’t come with it. That was searching with no vin so that’s why I looked for it myself.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
This is pretty rad. I wonder if my 22 BL will have this connector under there. Day 1 mod if it does.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
At first I thought maybe since its an Outer Banks it comes without the cup holder lighting, but I went to several dealers and apparently none come with it. According to parts.
I 100% think you got railroaded. The Outer Banks comes with it. Or at least it did until some point. If Ford took it out, slip the parts guy a VIN for an earlier model OB. It should come up. I've found the Bronco Sport part on the Ford parts website before. I'd believe the order guide and all the OB I have seen that have illuminated cupholders, not the parts guy at the counter. At least you got it working with little pain. IIRC, that cupholder is a $50 part or so.

Is the wired connection there only for the Outer Banks trim, or is it found in other trims as well? Wondering if this will work for my Badlands.
It is not on the Badlands. I can tell you first hand that there is no wiring present for the ambient lights. Oddly, we do have the lens and socket for the ambient light module at the front of the console pointing into the phone charging area... but no wire or LED module. Even worse than all that- the ambient light controls that enable the feature are not on the system settings so you have to get clever with Forscan to even enable it. Or really get creative. The illuminated part will fit in there if you care to find a way to rig it.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I 100% think you got railroaded. The Outer Banks comes with it. Or at least it did until some point. If Ford took it out, slip the parts guy a VIN for an earlier model OB. It should come up. I've found the Bronco Sport part on the Ford parts website before. I'd believe the order guide and all the OB I have seen that have illuminated cupholders, not the parts guy at the counter. At least you got it working with little pain. IIRC, that cupholder is a $50 part or so.
Don’t know really, lol. I mean I got it working and part was only like $30. Most BB I’ve seen don’t come with it, but maybe they did or do. Anywho the write up is there for those who don’t have it and have the wiring pre-installed to hook it up.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Then you will pry it out from the front first as there are tabs in the back that lock it in place.
Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 9BDCFCB2-8B77-4ABE-9D32-E4AA9EFA1114
How hard do you have to pry? That trim piece is down pretty tight. I can hardly get under the front of it to pry it. Do you just pry it straight up? I'm always afraid of breaking stuff when you just start pulling. If I was confident in getting this apart, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I find it funny that there is a part number for the Bronco Sport ambient light cup holder and if you look it up on the internet, it's around $80. If you look up the one for the Escape, like the OP used, it's about $30, yet it works just the same.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How hard do you have to pry? That trim piece is down pretty tight. I can hardly get under the front of it to pry it. Do you just pry it straight up? I'm always afraid of breaking stuff when you just start pulling. If I was confident in getting this apart, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I find it funny that there is a part number for the Bronco Sport ambient light cup holder and if you look it up on the internet, it's around $80. If you look up the one for the Escape, like the OP used, it's about $30, yet it works just the same.
Buy a set of trim tools from Amazon. <$15. Push in and release, then pull.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Buy a set of trim tools from Amazon. <$15. Push in and release, then pull.
I appreciate the help but looking at the plethora of trim tools available, it doesn't help with knowing which to use and how to use it.. They're all easy to use once you know where and how.

OP
OP
JCampos30

JCampos30

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If it helps kind of pull the trim back a bit and pull it from the top then push a bit forward and it comes right out. It may seem like its going to break but its not.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I appreciate the help but looking at the plethora of trim tools available, it doesn't help with knowing which to use and how to use it.. They're all easy to use once you know where and how.
True, but look at the pictures above, that will help. The dealers’s parts book will help too, take pictures. Probably videos on YouTube as well. The plastic tools really help to keep from breaking the tabs off.
Sponsored