Sillycill

Base
First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Bronco Sport Base. 2 months old. Every morning on the 1st start of the day qhile I'm reversing, it makes this noise I can only compare to a horn in a ship yard. After i shift into drive and drive the noise dissapears. Only hapoens during the 1st reversal of the day, cold start. Took itto Ford a month ago and they said it was a known issue and my rear brakes needed breaking in. Ive got 3000 miles in it because Ive been taking weekend trips. Still have the noise. Anyone else? Any ideas?
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah a lot of guys here have mentioned it. It does it every time I reverse after a car wash as well. Brakes squeak, it doesn’t bother me.

OP
OP
Sillycill

Sillycill

Base
First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Yeah a lot of guys here have mentioned it. It does it every time I reverse after a car wash as well. Brakes squeak, it doesn’t bother me.
Doesnt bother me too much other than having my Bronc a week and it starts sounding like a ship coming into port or something. Even now its just annoying.

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
8500miles and I still get a squeaking when reversing first thing in the morning.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
My escape does this, but not the Bronc yet...its the rear brakes...especially on damp mornings like we get here in the Pac NW....

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bronco Sport Base. 2 months old. Every morning on the 1st start of the day qhile I'm reversing, it makes this noise I can only compare to a horn in a ship yard. After i shift into drive and drive the noise dissapears. Only hapoens during the 1st reversal of the day, cold start. Took itto Ford a month ago and they said it was a known issue and my rear brakes needed breaking in. Ive got 3000 miles in it because Ive been taking weekend trips. Still have the noise. Anyone else? Any ideas?
I get the same noise on backing up on the first drive of the day.....then that's it ?‍♂
I've got 7k on the odometer

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Humidity/dew/moisture.its the metallic pad/disc/rotors making the noise. Happens all the time after a wash or heavy rain. It's just the type of brake components.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
move to the desert or get non-metalic (ceramic) pads. It's a normal thing I've had on every car I've ever owned. I live in an area with 80% humidity nearly year round. Looks like Sunnyvale is pretty darn close at 75% average. It's normal. It's not going to hurt the vehicle. A quick solution is turn the radio up to 15+ before backing out. :)

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the same issue. It was driving me nuts. I took it to the dealer 3 times for it and was pissed off. I told them they better start replacing parts or I won't pick it up, so they replaced the rear pads and that took care of it.

BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Escape
I have had this same thing on Honda's and Toyota's over the years. Rain over night, dew develops on the rotors. That is all it is, nothing serious I have ever experienced. If you live in a cold climate, you will notice it does'nt happen in the winter.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
move to the desert or get non-metalic (ceramic) pads. It's a normal thing I've had on every car I've ever owned. I live in an area with 80% humidity nearly year round. Looks like Sunnyvale is pretty darn close at 75% average. It's normal. It's not going to hurt the vehicle. A quick solution is turn the radio up to 15+ before backing out. :)
That may be it as I essentially live in the low desert and I don't have this problem.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Both my wife and I have bronco sports. She’s owned hers for 8 months, me 3 weeks. She’s at 9000 miles, I’m at 400 miles. Both vehicles do it. I live in the northeast, in SE PA just north of Philly. None of my cars were ever this loud or frequent, and neither was her last 2018 explorer. Im starting to think it is a brake pads thing like @ElBronc had stated. Anyone else having similar issues? I know it’s likely not a big deal, but it really does sound like a ship leaving the yard. It’s not your typical morning moisture noise.

Nancyvogel

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have almost 18,000 on mine bronco and the noise is getting worse!! It’s so annoying and embarrassing to have a brand new vehicle and have it making such a loud noise!! It sounds to me as if the brakes are engaged or as if I have the e-brake on. Ford has also told me there’s nothing wrong with my brakes. But I disagree because I’ve never had a vehicle do this before! It also didn’t start making the noise when I first got it. I was driving awhile before it started