Delivered with missing parts?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I'm not a car guy, but... just wow. What's your action plan? Keep us all posted.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Maybe supplier issue ran out of eng covers but shipped vehicles anyway?

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The Engine cover should be there & it may not of been left off by the Factory , who knows what the Dealer looked at or cleaned or what ever , ya never know . I would make sure they got on installed . Now the Hood insulation , I don't need it, but colder climes might .
Most 2020 Rangers stopped coming with covers. Then only Lariats had them.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
The local dealer just had an OB arrive yesterday, I'm going to take a ride and look at this BS to see if it has one installed.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The Engine cover should be there & it may not of been left off by the Factory , who knows what the Dealer looked at or cleaned or what ever , ya never know . I would make sure they got on installed . Now the Hood insulation , I don't need it, but colder climes might .
The insulation is tecnically an “insulator” and effectively dampens engine noise. It’s not for protection in cold climates. It’s definitely not standard on BB per my conversation with fordparts.com but it seems that some have it on OB and some don’t judging from the posts here. I added it to my BB and appreciate the difference.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
The insulation is tecnically an “insulator” and effectively dampens engine noise. It’s not for protection in cold climates. It’s definitely not standard on BB per my conversation with fordparts.com but it seems that some have it on OB and some don’t judging from the posts here. I added it to my BB and appreciate the difference.
I plan on getting one... if my BS gets built and when I receive it.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I don't see how it can be a sound deadener when you're inside the BS , maybe from outside , but if you think it does , more power to ya . I hear more road noise then anything & thats only when the music stops . LOL

Being the BS has an almost completely sealed Engine compartment , I can see the hood insulation working to insulate in cold weather , with 5" of snow on the hood .

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Correct its for engine noise nothing to do with cold climates. But if ppl want to install one cause they think it keeps engine warm sure go ahead put one on. Hood pads nothing new. They have been on cars as far back as the 60s. And they have always been for noise suppression not as blankets for your engines in the winter.

Jens21

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
just picked up my Bronco Sport Outer Banks 7-1 and no engine cover or hood pad. Dealer said ford no longer putting on due tomorrow parts issue. No studs either for Eng. Cover mounting.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
just picked up my Bronco Sport Outer Banks 7-1 and no engine cover or hood pad. Dealer said ford no longer putting on due tomorrow parts issue. No studs either for Eng. Cover mounting.
Ford should issue every one that has vehicle delivered without one a refund OR a voucher for the cost of the cover and studs in the future as they were supposed to be there and included in the pricing when you ordered your vehicle.

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I go in for a make-good on the missing roof rack I ordered. I'll mention the missing cover. I doubt they'll do anything other than point to the window sticker.

Ford should issue every one that has vehicle delivered without one a refund OR a voucher for the cost of the cover and studs in the future as they were supposed to be there and included in the pricing when you ordered your vehicle.

Should, and won't.

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just bought my OB a few days ago. Popped the hood yesterday to show my dad in law. And was like wtf. Missing insulation, and engine cover. Contacted the dealership and he said they didn't come with a cover. I said I can see where you bolt it on. And sent parts numbers. I live in a northern state, I would like my insulation and engine cover. Manufacturing date was 7/21.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just bought my OB a few days ago. Popped the hood yesterday to show my dad in law. And was like wtf. Missing insulation, and engine cover. Contacted the dealership and he said they didn't come with a cover. I said I can see where you bolt it on. And sent parts numbers. I live in a northern state, I would like my insulation and engine cover. Manufacturing date was 7/21.
Anything built 5/21 and after does not have engine cover, and plug in back is changed to USB port.

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anything built 5/21 and after does not have engine cover, and plug in back is changed to USB port.
Luckily the dealership ordered me a new engine cover and all the parts. But they did tell me that yes they are manufactured without it after a certain date. I do have the plug though and two USBS in the back too
Sponsored