If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - no car, need one now. I'll be willing to wait til "supposed" July 19th build week but not much more than that. I simply can't wait.

Nothing really grabs my attention like BS. Wish 4Runner was ted shorter and had better millage. But if I have to that's probably what I'll get. Or perhaps Crosstrek. Everything is a compromise I guess.
personally...if y'all gonna compromise, I'd compromise some of the wish list. I think a Bronco sport in another color, minus the package, minus the tow, minus the 360+ or whatever you can live without, however far you can travel to find it, I'd say it's better than the other options. And I am admittedly highly biased and loving every mile in mine. Take it for what my thoughts are worth to you, I get everyone has to make a choice at this juncture.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
See if you can get them to throw in a puppy and a pair of Birkenstocks!
Don't get me started on puppies. :crackup: Been trying to get one and it's worse than BS order. I'm serious.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
personally...if y'all gonna compromise, I'd compromise some of the wish list. I think a Bronco sport in another color, minus the package, minus the tow, minus the 360+ or whatever you can live without, however far you can travel to find it, I'd say it's better than the other options. And I am admittedly highly biased and loving every mile in mine. Take it for what my thoughts are worth to you, I get everyone has to make a choice at this juncture.
I personally wouldn't compromise BS like that. :) If I get BS I'll get it how I want it and that's fully loaded with my preferred color choice. lol

In the mean time I'd likely get a used 2-3 year old car, hold on to that for another 2-3 years to have Ford work out shortages and some of the new model issues, and jump back on it.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I personally wouldn't compromise BS like that. :) If I get BS I'll get it how I want it and that's fully loaded with my preferred color choice. lol

In the mean time I'd likely get a used 2-3 year old car, hold on to that for another 2-3 years to have Ford work out shortages and some of the new model issues, and jump back on it.
I feel exactly the same. I was planning on keeping the Bronco Sport until the doors fall off and in that case I want it the way I want it. Maybe by then they'll have windshields that don't crack, memory seats and a cargo cover. It's kind of liberating knowing I'm buying something for the short term and won't be overly concerned about what it is. I'm going to wander around at CarMax and see what looks interesting.

I just spent about $1100 dollars to rent a low trim RAV4 for 2 weeks and I wish I knew I wasn't getting the Bronco anytime soon and had just bought something then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's kind of liberating knowing I'm buying something for the short term and won't be overly concerned about what it is.
Exactly. I have some requirements but I'll be looking at it through short term vehicle glasses and that's where I fully expect to compromise.

I just spent about $1100 dollars to rent a low trim RAV4 for 2 weeks and I wish I knew I wasn't getting the Bronco anytime soon and had just bought something then.
I've been driving previous generation RAV4 for the past 7 years, first year model at that, and will be parting with it shortly. It's been nothing but rock solid. It's a different story with new model, the same one you test drove. It was a pass for me as well.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you order gets delayed further past your personal deadline, or you can't find the configuration of your choice, then what would you get instead? Curious about other's back up plan.

I'm planning ahead and thinking either new or used 4Runner or may be Outback. Haven't decided yet. FTR, not interested in Jeep.
How about a Maverick?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about a Maverick?
I suspect wait for that one will be even longer. You likely won't be able to get one until later in the year, if not in 2022. That's a non-starter for me.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
How about a Maverick?
Maverick hybrid. Hop on over to Escape forums and see how those new Escape hybrids are doing. Lot of glitches. And high option Maverick will be a big delay is my guess.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Maverick hybrid. Hop on over to Escape forums and see how those new Escape hybrids are doing. Lot of glitches. And high option Maverick will be a big delay is my guess.
I briefly considered an Escape Titanium AWD hybrid but the issues I saw turned me away, stuff like front seat heater making it impossible to drive for extended periods because you're sitting on a lump. But I didn't see anything about the drive train, just various QOL issues. Guess other problems have since been reported?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I briefly considered an Escape Titanium AWD hybrid but the issues I saw turned me away, stuff like front seat heater making it impossible to drive for extended periods because you're sitting on a lump. But I didn't see anything about the drive train, just various QOL issues. Guess other problems have since been reported?
I was over on Escape forums trying to guage 2.0 ecoboost 8 spd issues. Bumped into ppl have hybrid issues. Probably early built units.

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I have been getting only wishy-washy, non-specific answers from the dealer. He's supplied an order number, but I've had no communication with Ford at all. I don't really have faith that my order will be processed.

If it doesn't come to fruition, I won't even bother looking for another vehicle. Everyone around here is marking up so much, so getting one off the lot (and compromising on features I want) seems highly unlikely.

I'll just keep my Mazda CX-5 GTR. It has the upgraded turbo engine, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable. It does look a little too "mom car", but I can deal. I can figure something else out to take to the beach and to Big Bend. I guess.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have been getting only wishy-washy, non-specific answers from the dealer. He's supplied an order number, but I've had no communication with Ford at all. I don't really have faith that my order will be processed.

If it doesn't come to fruition, I won't even bother looking for another vehicle. Everyone around here is marking up so much, so getting one off the lot (and compromising on features I want) seems highly unlikely.

I'll just keep my Mazda CX-5 GTR. It has the upgraded turbo engine, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable. It does look a little too "mom car", but I can deal. I can figure something else out to take to the beach and to Big Bend. I guess.
Honestly I had no communication with ford and my order processed. That's just how some dealers enter the orders. Don't lose faith it's worth it.
Sponsored