If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am just on that mindset the sport is worth it. I've never liked the jeeps. It's not even close. I understand the frustration of many, my decision was focused and easy to make. I feel for anyone being turned away or turned off...in the end you are missing out on a good ride and Ford missing out on a good customer.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I just got confirmation from the Ford Marketing line that my build is in a production hold with the ETA of Oct. 31'st. They couldn't confirm what part is the hold up but they told me my dealer could and it may be possible to change the order. My dealer is useless.

Time to start shopping
I would wait , that is a nice combo .Dealers have no push in these crazy times .We all need to slow the pace a little .A beginning and end to all things.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am just on that mindset the sport is worth it. I've never liked the jeeps. It's not even close. I understand the frustration of many, my decision was focused and easy to make. I feel for anyone being turned away or turned off...in the end you are missing out on a good ride and Ford missing out on a good customer.
I think if you get a good one without defects issues then yes the combination of style, capability, performance very attractive. If Ford can get a handle on these teething issues I think they could sell hundreds of thousands of BS a year.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
It'll be a two-fer for me. I want the fully loaded BL+BL because it is the perfect blend of creature comforts and performance in a vehicle that I could take off-road, and only taking up a single space in my garage/driveway! If I can't get my BL due to further delays, I'll be looking at a higher end SUV (Jaguar, Volvo, Audi) for the speed & comfort on the highway, and a very used beater XTerra or 4Runner for the trails.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I only want a high option Badlands in the color I want. If I cannot get that then I am not buying a BS. And if my ordered '21 ever gets delivered and dealer decides not to honor quoted price I am going to walk. My CRV just turned 70,000 miles does not have any problems so I will keep it.
I hope you get your BS man.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
no intention on settling on second or third best
lol...my favorite comment! I am getting loaded Badlands or not buying anything.

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I'm a member of the "Just got bumped from June to October club".

The BL is/was going to be my wifes primary vehicle. She is way bummed and is trying to decide if she wants to wait. When she gets the itch for a new car hold on to your hat.

Her 2nd choice: Mazda CX-5 Signature with Turbo engine. Does not have the offroad capabilities of BL but we can take my Colorado Z-71 for the off road stuff.

Plus of CX- 5 Turbo:

Fun to drive (great handling and very quick)
Great Interior . Extremely comfortable
Proven reliability
Great reviews and resale value

Cons of CX-5:

Its not a Bronco Sport BL

This morning when I told her what I had been hearing she said "well maybe I should get the CX-5 and you can get a full size Bronco in a couple of years when your truck is paid off". Hmmmm....

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
lol...my favorite comment! I am getting loaded Badlands or not buying anything.
Same bI+bl here.
Sometimes people get so wrapped up in their expectations they forget those same expectations are self imposed. When the bl packages got screwed up I flexed and set sights on 2022 and will order when possible. I sat waiting on my Raptor order for six months and it didn't kill me. Didn't tell anyone about it either lol, the wife sure was surprised. Now if I even mention selling it she gives me the EYE.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think if you get a good one without defects issues then yes the combination of style, capability, performance very attractive. If Ford can get a handle on these teething issues I think they could sell hundreds of thousands of BS a year.
Absolutely 100%. Nobody wants a lemon, nobody wants to wait a year or more. I think they have a knockout product and incredibly terrible timing. It has been everything I expected and more. Those making a choice to move on, I get it, and feel bad that decision had to be made. I'd simply encourage people to hang in there if possible. And as I said, if not, Ford and that consumer lose out.

Reactions: Jrl

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
When the bl packages got screwed up I flexed and set sights on 2022 and will order when possible.
Yeah if the "21 BL does not work out then back up plan is " 22 BL

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I hanging in there for now, but not forever.
I've been on this board since before Covid hit the US, and probably longer than most anyone else who is still active. When I finally got to see and drive some Sports, and find a dealer who would actually place an order, the big delays were happening.
I really want the vehicle, but I'm not bummed at not having it yet as I'm hoping some of this production downtime is leading to a better product. At least, let's hope so, for both Bronco Sport fans and Ford.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I really want the vehicle, but I'm not bummed at not having it yet as I'm hoping some of this production downtime is leading to a better product. At least, let's hope so, for both Bronco Sport fans and Ford.
Yeah lets hope Ford succeeds at improving quality and getting the bugs out. I think they will over time. So the later built units should have lower chance of defects. And I bet Fords gonna be working on the supply chain issues too.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
My wife and I have been car less since an accident at the end of January.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - no car, need one now. I'll be willing to wait til "supposed" July 19th build week but not much more than that. I simply can't wait.

Nothing really grabs my attention like BS. Wish 4Runner was ted shorter and had better millage. But if I have to that's probably what I'll get. Or perhaps Crosstrek. Everything is a compromise I guess.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Or perhaps Crosstrek. Everything is a compromise I guess.
See if you can get them to throw in a puppy and a pair of Birkenstocks!
Sponsored