If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
If you order gets delayed further past your personal deadline, or you can't find the configuration of your choice, then what would you get instead? Curious about other's back up plan.

I'm planning ahead and thinking either new or used 4Runner or may be Outback. Haven't decided yet. FTR, not interested in Jeep.
Sponsored

DOOM

Base
First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO SPORT
Look around at dealers, I found my base for 27.5 after rebate

luckily the local dealer by my house in la puente, ca is really honest and straightforward and don’t markup their vehicles.

SweetTea

Badlands
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi q3
Just test drove a Sahara Wrangler .... going to be a difficult decision the next couple days, but I can’t wait another 5 months with a lease due in a couple weeks

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I'm thinking a used 4runner, maybe a Cherokee trailhawk. Unfortunately the used market is crazy too right now. I wish I'd known this was how things were going to go down and I would have bought a used POS back in February while I waited. My wife and I have been car less since an accident at the end of January. I convinced her to wait for the BS, you can imagine how that's going about now :(

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I faced that choice, glad I did what I did. I've enjoyed a different badlands for a month now as my order just competed build. I've said many times my only compromise was giving up the cargo management tray, everything else was identical to my build. I took the side door and it was worth it. I wanted a Bronco end of story.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
We found a BL in our 2nd exterior color choice, 2nd seat color choice, and the only option we didn’t order was the tow package (which we wavered on ordering), on a dealer lot 125 miles away, and pulled the trigger. Almost two months now and we are thrilled with our choice. Glad we didn’t wait for the order to arrive.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My Short list:
4Runner TRD Pro
Wrangler Rubicon (although a Sport or Sahara with better/bigger tires would work as well)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Compass/Renegade (just kidding :) )

Wait for Big Bronco, maybe...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I only want a high option Badlands in the color I want. If I cannot get that then I am not buying a BS. And if my ordered '21 ever gets delivered and dealer decides not to honor quoted price I am going to walk. My CRV just turned 70,000 miles does not have any problems so I will keep it.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got confirmation from the Ford Marketing line that my build is in a production hold with the ETA of Oct. 31'st. They couldn't confirm what part is the hold up but they told me my dealer could and it may be possible to change the order. My dealer is useless.

Time to start shopping

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I see some mentioning the 4Runner....that is bigger than the BS.

I had to make the decision 9 months ago due to delays, and went with the Subaru Forester Sport. (Yes, I never thought about Subaru ever before). I was on the Bronco forum when it was still a rumor....

Subaru has good clearance and really good gas mileage. It is larger than the RAV4, CRV, and bigger than the BS in most areas.

I needed a safe “kids” car, and something to take the driving burden off the 2001....

The Broncos are great....but I have tinnitus and I won’t be going topless or doorless.....and then the BS is too small....I still have my 2001.....which is almost what they copied for the BS.

When I upsize I hope they improve the mileage on the 4 runner, or telluride....and then maybe look at the new explorer timberline trim too....

The BS is too small, the BB has too much offroad capability than what I really need....both great though.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just rented a lower trim RAV4 for a two weeks and a 4000+ road trip that was supposed to happen in the BS :(

I absolutely hated it, so RAV4 off the list. The gear shifts were absolutely jarring and it was full of rattles. It's only redeeming quality was good gas mileage but other than that it was awful.
Sponsored