bRONco Bowling

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Could someone explain how to mount the bracket? Our plates just came in and the Bronco came with a plastic bracket, two bolts and three pointed pieces (not sure what i would call them).
Sponsored

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Could someone explain how to mount the bracket? Our plates just came in and the Bronco came with a plastic bracket, two bolts and three pointed pieces (not sure what i would call them).
The rear license plate should just screw directly in with two screws. That's how mine is anyways. I believe the bracket you are mentioning is for the front bumper.

OP
OP

bRONco Bowling

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The rear license plate should just screw directly in with two screws. That's how mine is anyways. I believe the bracket you are mentioning is for the front bumper.
Thanks. I'll try that.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah some states require front/rear plates while others (Michigan) do not. The mounting bracket is for the front bumper installation. The rear plate mounts to the plastic bumper cover. Should be two screws and a lot of dealers near me add a plastic plate trim piece for advertising.

OP
OP

bRONco Bowling

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah some states require front/rear plates while others (Michigan) do not. The mounting bracket is for the front bumper installation. The rear plate mounts to the plastic bumper cover. Should be two screws and a lot of dealers near me add a plastic plate trim piece for advertising.
There is no plate trim from the dealer and i tried to install directly but the holes are not threaded and certainly not deep enough to accept the included machined screws. Not sure what the deal is.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Rear License Plate ,just two screws at the Top. The Nuts may be missing ,which are the pop in type . & why
Ford Bronco Sport Rear License Plate installation tempImageciG1GV

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Here's what a typical license plate needs to install:
Ford Bronco Sport Rear License Plate installation 0151c7b7-b114-421c-a03b-79e09e8cef85_1.97113fe139a97a80344088eb4af58193

The rear plate just uses two appropriate screws that go into the two holes in the bumper. You don't need the spacer pieces on the right unless you create a larger hole and plug them into it. No need on the BS rear where we have two bumps to show where the screws belong. Yeah, they aren't threaded the first time. It takes effort for the self-tapping screw to go through. It will make threads as it works its way through the plastic. They go right on through and just protrude out the back, inside the bumper. From there you can choose to add in frames, beauty/theft caps, covers and backings. Like this:

Ford Bronco Sport Rear License Plate installation 4_59

@jofer hit it on the mark with that link. They dropped the front frame and the rivets into your trunk and didn't install it. I see you're in Kentucky. A front plate isn't required in your state (a lot of people don't want them unless required). The front bracket is a DIO option (dealer installed) and that's their job. If you want a front plate, take it there and make them install it. A good dealership should help you out and put the plate in too. They'll probably have the drill and specialized pop rivet gun you need.