On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Wow.. thank you so much for updating here. I will have info to take with me to point them right where they need to look. Do you mind if I ask what Ford hotline number you called and how you handled it/what you said?
The Ford service “hotline” is an internal line used by the Ford techs to consult with Ford main service department or engineering for repair issues.

I always suggest when taking a vehicle in to insist on a ride along with the service writer or tech. This way everyone is on the same page. Also if still suspicious as if a noise is normal or not ask to test drive a demo unit on the lot. Assuming of the course the demo unit is performing normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Update: Taking my baby back in to the Service Dept next Saturday. They are going to remove the transmission and do some testing. That will take approximately a week. There is a strong possibility they'll be replacing it too. Which means I could be in the rental for a while...
But, it will all be worth it to have the Bronco in tip top running order!
Anyone else who's hearing the same noises... my advice is to not wait, get it in to get checked out!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Update: Taking my baby back in to the Service Dept next Saturday. They are going to remove the transmission and do some testing. That will take approximately a week. There is a strong possibility they'll be replacing it too. Which means I could be in the rental for a while...
But, it will all be worth it to have the Bronco in tip top running order!
Anyone else who's hearing the same noises... my advice is to not wait, get it in to get checked out!
I’m going Tuesday

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had to reschedule a few times but they’re still shooting to do my cable shifter thing on Tuesday and we will keep going from there. Drove it a few hundred miles in the last few days on a road trip. Car still works great otherwise but the sound is still there when cruising local streets in the city.

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So it seems that things may be pointing to the transmission. I have to wonder what’s the difference between the tranny in the vehicle and the replacement? Shouldn’t it be just like the one in the vehicle? I ask because it sounds like the majority, if not all, are having this issue. Maybe I’m wrong but I would think if the problem is this wide spread and no one at Ford thought the noise was crazy as they were checking completed vehicles, loading them, unloading them, etc., that the new transmissions going in would be exactly like the old….why did this slip through Ford quality control? Makes me shake my head and think I need to make my appointment at the dealer

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
the new transmissions going in would be exactly like the old….why did this slip through Ford quality control? Makes me shake my head and think I need to make my appointment at the dealer
The people loading and unloading don’t really care. Not their job.
The same transmission has been in use in the Escape for a little over a year with no major issues. I don’t believe it’s a design defect. There is likely a defective internal part that made its way into a batch of transmissions.
I’m pleased to report the new transmission in ours has completely fixed the problem. Put some miles on it over the last week and it runs great. It shifts and sounds much better. There is still a very soft intermittent low speed drivetrain noise at really low speeds when holding/lugging 1st gear. Sounds like an ATV or SxS. Likely a normal characteristic of the 1.5. Compared against two new stock units on the lot.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I do not recall seeing anyone with these strange noises on the earlier build vehicles at least not in the Bronco Sport groups I have been reading. I saw lots of other issues like bad wire harnesses in transmissions and things like that. So from what I see online this drive train noise is a newish issue that was not there on the earlier built units.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I do not recall seeing anyone with these strange noises on the earlier build vehicles at least not in the Bronco Sport groups I have been reading. I saw lots of other issues like bad wire harnesses in transmissions and things like that. So from what I see online this drive train noise is a newish issue that was not there on the earlier built units.
What do you consider early? Mine was ordered a week after the website build launch in July, built beginning of April and I've tried a bunch to replicate these issues weekly and I can't. Just passed the 2k miles mark. Something they possibly knew about and fixed behind the scenes? That's the only thing I can think of as to why I'm not having these issues.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What do you consider early? Mine was ordered a week after the website build launch in July, built beginning of April and I've tried a bunch to replicate these issues weekly and I can't. Just passed the 2k miles mark. Something they possibly knew about and fixed behind the scenes? That's the only thing I can think of as to why I'm not having these issues.
Any way to find out when these were made? Mine was a preorder that someone bailed on so I bought it

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Any way to find out when these were made? Mine was a preorder that someone bailed on so I bought it
Hmm, idk. I'm sure Ford would have that on file. If you're the one that ordered it, Ford sends you a lovely email with a timeline from the order date of last year, all the way up to arriving at the dealership. It's nice to know the birthdate. If you reeeeally wanted to know, (this is a shot in the dark) you could call your dealer and have them reach out to the original person that ordered it. They definitely have that email.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
That's interesting. Mine was built three days later on 03/22/21. I wonder if there was a batch of faulty transmissions during that period. Anyone else with the "BRRRRT" noise want to provide their build date?

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If you have your window sticker at the very bottom you will find the “born on” date. Our is 3/19/21.

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... image
Well that completely conflicts with what Ford told me mine is. That date at the bottom of my sticker, doesn't even show up on my Sport's journey.