Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Do you know if VIN numbers have been assigned to people who got a build date (week) email or was that just the system organizing line changeovers? I got a build date but my dealer hasn’t said anything about a VIN yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
VIN's are assigned by Ford after they are scheduled and that is determined by dealership allocation, commodity restrictions and when the order is put in the system along with the others they have entered..

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
@Granger Ford --- at what point am I no longer able to change my order to be handled by a different dealer? I don't want to change anything about the specs on the vehicle, just the delivery location.

I'm almost certainly moving to another state in the next few months (with significantly lower sales tax rates) and the difference in sales tax could be close to $2k...thanks in advance!

MFM

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Cougar Convertible
VIN's are assigned by Ford after they are scheduled and that is determined by dealership allocation, commodity restrictions and when the order is put in the system along with the others they have entered..
Granger Ford,
Thank you for your valued input. For us folks up in Canada, we're not informed on a VIN number or a build date.......just a phone call when to pick it up.....(or so I've been told)

Am I missing something here in the frozen north......(other than warmer weather)?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Granger Ford,
Thank you for your valued input. For us folks up in Canada, we're not informed on a VIN number or a build date.......just a phone call when to pick it up.....(or so I've been told)

Am I missing something here in the frozen north......(other than warmer weather)?
My online account just says contact dealer. The dealer has basically said that the online stuff is US only. I was considering just trying to call Ford

Reactions: MFM

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm in the US and the Ford page still says contact dealer - I have a VIN and scheduled build date of 11/26 (provided by dealer, not Ford).

Reactions: MFM

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
@Granger Ford Have you seen anything about Area 51 holding up scheduling? My order was confirmed by email from Ford on 7/21 and then again on 8/21 ( dealer ordered mine twice, says whichever comes first is mine) I have yet to hear about a build date and now he says he thinks it's because of the color. Have yall had that issue with Area 51?

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Would you happen to know why the tracker has been stuck at "In Production" for over a week now, with no movement? I have looked at the other window stickers and they have moved much faster.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
I have an ordering question. Ordered in Jan from local dealer, and realized i did not include the tow package. Only needed for a bike rack which i usually carry on the wife's flex. I have a vin and build week. Is there any way to update the order at this point, or am i looking at an add on after delivery?

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Would you happen to know why the tracker has been stuck at "In Production" for over a week now, with no movement? I have looked at the other window stickers and they have moved much faster.
I wouldn’t stress it. The car is flagged in the system as In Production as soon as the parts are fully allocated and it’s in the queue. You won’t know exactly when it starts rolling down the production line and the next update you will see is when it gets shipped. That could be anywhere from a day or so after the In Production notice to a couple weeks. You should have an estimated delivery date for your BS to arrive at the dealership. Ford has been really good at hitting those dates and most of the time arriving a bit early. Our BS was In Production for almost 2 weeks (like 12 days) and arrived at Granger like 4 days ahead of the estimated arrival date. Then scheduling was crazy for me coming from denver so it took over a week for my son and I to make the trip to pick it up.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
I have an ordering question. Ordered in Jan from local dealer, and realized i did not include the tow package. Only needed for a bike rack which i usually carry on the wife's flex. I have a vin and build week. Is there any way to update the order at this point, or am i looking at an add on after delivery?
Contact the dealership ASAP as they may still be able to add the tow package. Just seeing what others are going through trying to add it after the fact and the bumper mods, it looks like $300 well spent to get the factory option.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Thanks. I have a call into my dealer to see if they can add it to the order. While I nervously wait, I'd thought I ask. Not super excited about cutting the bumper

Edit: Just got confirmation that i can't update the order since my VIN is assigned. Ah well, aftermarket it is. Something else for me to compulsively plan for while i wait

Last edited:

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hi Albert @Granger Ford

I don’t know if I chose the wrong dealer or if this process is going as expected. I’d appreciate any insight you have.

I spoke with the salesman and he seemed very supportive and helpful. He advised me to build a vehicle online and then come in to confirm the build and place a deposit. I went in on April 30 and confirmed what I wanted and placed a $500 deposit.

I’ve tried to address timeline (a general guess) a couple times and haven’t gotten anywhere. I’ve also tried to address pricing and also haven’t gotten anywhere. Yesterday, I still didn’t feel confident that an order had actually been placed and reached out again, asking for info on order number, pricing, timeline. What I received back was:
“order #a39h
on the pricing i have to wait on an invoice for z plan”

Is this usual/normal? Am I just expecting too much at this point?

Thank you in advance for entertaining my questions.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Hi Albert @Granger Ford

I don’t know if I chose the wrong dealer or if this process is going as expected. I’d appreciate any insight you have.

I spoke with the salesman and he seemed very supportive and helpful. He advised me to build a vehicle online and then come in to confirm the build and place a deposit. I went in on April 30 and confirmed what I wanted and placed a $500 deposit.

I’ve tried to address timeline (a general guess) a couple times and haven’t gotten anywhere. I’ve also tried to address pricing and also haven’t gotten anywhere. Yesterday, I still didn’t feel confident that an order had actually been placed and reached out again, asking for info on order number, pricing, timeline. What I received back was:
“order #a39h
on the pricing i have to wait on an invoice for z plan”

Is this usual/normal? Am I just expecting too much at this point?

Thank you in advance for entertaining my questions.

That looks like a legitimate order number. Pricing may change between now and when your car gets built. Ford has been slowing increasing the prices on different options for the past 6 months so that might be why they won’t fully commit to it.

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
That looks like a legitimate order number. Pricing may change between now and when your car gets built. Ford has been slowing increasing the prices on different options for the past 6 months so that might be why they won’t fully commit to it.
Thank you for that information. I wasn’t sure if it was legit and I just want to know that something has been done. I guess I’ve read too much about people getting emails, and I think that having received any written communication at all would have reassured me. As far as the pricing goes, the reality is that I’m going to pay what it costs. :)
Sponsored