How are you finding front seat size and comfort?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I am coming from a car with wider seats, so I am finding the Badlands leather a bit narrow. For those that have had them for a few weeks how do you rate the comfort level after the break in?
Sponsored

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Next week I’ll have had mine for 2 months. Only put 1000 miles on it but the seats feel great to me! The seats in my f150 are bigger but honestly I think the comfort level is quite similar. I have no complaints.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Seats are lacking, then again I’m coming from VW and BMW which have great seats.

I’m not a fan as the side bolster is far too low for me

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Coming from an F150 Sport to the BL, I'd say the seat is very comparable. I've had mine for about 45 days now, about 900 miles. I don't know if it's broken in, but it feels fine.

I will say getting used to the step out has been an adjustment and I still find my toe catching on the edge as I get out.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I find the front seat to be very comfortable. I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of headroom, and my knees have plenty of space below the wheel.

My last car had very bolstered sport seats, which I liked. This one has a good balance of good bolstering on the back and sides but having a soft and plushy bottom of the seat.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Seats are lacking, then again I’m coming from VW and BMW which have great seats.

I’m not a fan as the side bolster is far too low for me
The lower side bolster works perfectly for me.
It makes for easier wallet access in the drive thru line and keeps my weapon from pushing into my hip.
Reminds me of the old school bench seats I always missed. I don't drive this like a sports car so I don't need the bucket seat advantage.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Well from a 2011 Mustang & my 6'2" 245 # body , the BS is very comfortable & roomy . Of course my Super Duty has more room & very good Seats , the BS is more comfortable than both .

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
"Final" test drive today, an extended test on my lonesome this time. So I've read here the complaints about being like sitting on top of a dome, or too narrow, or inadequate side bolsters -- I felt none of that. They are not as nice or firm as in my VW, but felt fine. Really like the incrementally fore-and-aft adjustable headrest. I noticed the seat cushion is about the same length as well. I still find no front/rear ANGLE adjustment (what would be 9 and 10 if it were a 10-way adjustable seat -- unless the lumbar moved up and down and THAT counted for 9 and 10 instead) annoying. But, the wheel, distance and height adjustments -- carefully -- do the trick anyway. I'm convinced only the black centers are real leather. But I want the cleaning/stain defense anyway.

Side notes -- this BL+BL is MUCH quieter AND FASTER than my VW! Beware, the tires will all be at 45 PSI, giving a pretty choppy ride before adjusted. The shift paddles seem to do almost nothing for "racing," but could be handy in stuck situations, or others I guess. Pretty sure the Sport mode adds a lot more electronic "engine growl" than the other modes, LOL. Wish we could switch that OFF somewhere. The steering was MUCH firmer and more centered in ALL driving modes than I remembered from my first test drive. Very nice triple door seals, opening, inner door, rocker edge -- like the Volvo XC40 -- should keep that area clean. Rear passengers can be made comfortable with just a little compromise from the people in front -- but the rear door openings, especially at your feet, are SMALL.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I've found it best to NOT read reviews Before a test drive. You go in clear headed, not looking for faults.
Besides I truly believe more than half of what's out there is reviews from arm chair internet junkies who have not ever been in a Bronco Sport.
At least that's how many reviews read after I actually owned my base model.
I bought the first one I laid eyes on after a 4 mile test drive.
Did not notice a single issue. Now at 2k miles. Still good.

Last edited:

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Also, if you have very long legs like myself, only half of my thigh is on the seat while my lower half is suspended in midair because my knees sit so high ha!

I drove over 4 hours yesterday in mine without a single issue :)

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I have about 800 miles on mine over the last 3 weeks on a BL and I am still looking for a comfortable seating position. The lack of bolsters and thigh support is very annoying to me. I am looking for options to increase bolster or increase seat length. I ordered a thigh support that straps to the seat and I will report back.

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
Also, if you have very long legs like myself, only half of my thigh is on the seat while my lower half is suspended in midair because my knees sit so high ha!

I drove over 4 hours yesterday in mine without a single issue :)
After just a few months and only a few hundred miles this is my only worry long term. I am tall, 6'3" with very long legs. The bottom cushion is very short and as Zooke said, it hits me about mid thigh. I have learned from recent experience (mid 40s thank you) I now have trouble sitting long term in vehicles that don't support the bottom of my legs. If my feet are resting on the floor and the bottom of my leg is off of the seat, then my weight is distributed towards my gluteus. After only 2 hours into a 12 hour road trip I start to squirm non stop as i get a dull throbbing sensation down my leg. The pain is enough to make the trip miserable despite great scenery and a good book.
I also order my sofas with extra deep cushions for the same reason.

The non Badlands package seats would not work for me long term. I test drove a Big Bend and the lack of tilt adjustment for the bottom cushion is a no go for me, although i suspect you could modify the tilt by adding a spacer to the front portion of the seat attachment.

The Badlands/FE package just barely gets me to the point where the seat, at it lowest adjustment, tilts back just far enough to "cradle" my legs. I haven't taken a road trip yet but long distance driving to adventurous destinations was a big reason for my purchase.

This is one of the issues that I noted in various reviews, the sensation that you sit on the seat vs in the seat, and I think they were right. I would not be at all surprised if Ford made a slight redesign in version 2.0.

If i could change one thing in my Sport FE, it would be the bottom cushion. I would add a bolster, that pulled outward, like every modern car i have owned recently (Audi, BMW, Mini), or make the bottom cushion deeper with true tilt adjustment. Also, I only weigh 185lbs, I'm curious to know how a 240lb version of me would fit on/in these seats. Guess I'll have to wait until I get to show it off to my Ford fan older brother.

Daniel
Sponsored

Last edited: