Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands was spotted in Arizona recently and what's special about this particular image is that it's the first time we've seen the trim badge illuminated at night. The flash of the camera revealed that the trim badge is reflective.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport trim badges are reflective e-reflective-area-51-bronco-sport-night-time-1-
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Looking good! An Area 51 BL is what I settled on. Do we know if job 1 is still set for October 26th?

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
Am I the only one that is wanting to remove that reflective sticker? I like the clean lines, sticker to me at least detracts from it, especially since it is another color entirely.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Am I the only one that is wanting to remove that reflective sticker? I like the clean lines, sticker to me at least detracts from it, especially since it is another color entirely.
No, I would de-badge that too, not into badges or logos. In fact, I passed over a nice shirt when shopping online this week due to the logo (popular outdoor retailer from Maine) emblazoned on the front.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Itā€™s not a sticker. It can be removed just like the ford logo badge. The only badges I donā€™t want are dealer badges. I like the badlands badge and Iā€™m ok with the ford logo.
I've never de-badged either, except for dealer badges, but I've also never had named special edition vehicles.

I almost removed the SkyActiv badge from my CX-5 because it really doesn't mean anything.

If I could get a Bronco Sport special edition, named "Badass 2.7L Turbo MT-6", it would mean something.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If you see the badges as bragging rights, then you might want to remove them if you believe they arenā€™t worth bragging about. To me they represent the different trims. Iā€™m okay with a badge describing the trim it is.
No, I don't see badges as bragging rights, but many do. You know how many fake Z-28's I saw back in the day? My post was tongue-n-cheek.
The point being that I would gladly stoop to the vehicle badge if it meant I could get my dream configuration (a 2.7L with a manual transmission). I don't really care that others know which trim my vehicle is, and certainly don't need one on the outside of the vehicle to describe or remind me - especially if I had the 2.7 with a 6-speed manual!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Dealer badges drive me nuts! I would however make an exception for @Granger Ford. You buy a vehicle from Granger and thatā€˜s a bragging right!

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
Itā€™s not a sticker. It can be removed just like the ford logo badge. The only badges I donā€™t want are dealer badges. I like the badlands badge and Iā€™m ok with the ford logo.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport trim badges are reflective 965E2AD3-7E6B-48D0-A308-FEE92207A945
Nice close up! Yeah, this is the only thing I'd like to remove. Sticker might have been the wrong term. Great discussion, can't wait to see the first owner posted photo with this 'badge' removed! :)

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Honestly you sound like the type to put a manual badge on the outside of your vehicle for others to see. Am I wrong?
Yes, even after I explained, you missed my point. Scroll back and read for yourself.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
If I see a bronco..I'm wondering where do you take that thang? Base , big bend, outer banks, etc I don't care..I just want to know, where you go , besides working and errand running.

The bronco badges to me are like sesame seed on a bun, sprinkles on a cupcake. It is just that extra something to top it off nicely. Can't wait til late December.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I generally remove all badges, dealer license frames and even manufacturer logos. Since I use my vehicles for storm chasing and they end up on TV a lot, I don't believe in free publicity.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I generally remove all badges, dealer license frames and even manufacturer logos. Since I use my vehicles for storm chasing and they end up on TV a lot, I don't believe in free publicity.
But there are two HUGE Bronco logos.. Are you planning on Removing the grille and maybe plastering over the rear? I guess a hitch mounted spare tire would do the trick too for the rear.

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
But there are two HUGE Bronco logos.. Are you planning on Removing the grille and maybe plastering over the rear? I guess a hitch mounted spare tire would do the trick too for the rear.
I'm leaving the grille, rear badging undecided (picture above shows it can be removed), but have plans on removing the trim stickers for sure. I'd probably remove the blue oval but I'm predicting it is screwed in. Just an old habit of removing badging from cars I still like to do I guess....
Sponsored