essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Yes, even after I explained, you missed my point. Scroll back and read for yourself.
You don’t want a badge because your memory is fine, and you don’t care if people know your trim. I think I got your point. I also get that you would “stoop” to the vehicle badge if you thought your vehicle was worthy.

The point being that I would gladly stoop to the vehicle badge if it meant I could get my dream configuration (a 2.7L with a manual transmission).
You say you don’t care if others know the trim you have and don’t need to be reminded.. But at the same time.. if you had a worthy configuration “worth bragging about” you would “stoop” to brag.

Fortunately most people don’t see badges as flexing instead they describe the trim, so there is no need to remove it. Also fortunately you can remove all the badges, trim, ford logo, bronco lettering. That way you’ll have room to place lettering that reads “small suv” so that no one can accuse you of flexing.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Nice close up! Yeah, this is the only thing I'd like to remove. Sticker might have been the wrong term. Great discussion, can't wait to see the first owner posted photo with this 'badge' removed! :)
photo of a badge-less base trim and some other with badge removed
DC66482F-569E-40CA-82B5-4457DD02301F.jpeg
371695A9-857C-4A85-AA41-40273DCD11B6.jpeg

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
If I see a bronco..I'm wondering where do you take that thang? Base , big bend, outer banks, etc I don't care..I just want to know, where you go , besides working and errand running.

The bronco badges to me are like sesame seed on a bun, sprinkles on a cupcake. It is just that extra something to top it off nicely. Can't wait til late December.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I generally remove all badges, dealer license frames and even manufacturer logos. Since I use my vehicles for storm chasing and they end up on TV a lot, I don't believe in free publicity.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I generally remove all badges, dealer license frames and even manufacturer logos. Since I use my vehicles for storm chasing and they end up on TV a lot, I don't believe in free publicity.
But there are two HUGE Bronco logos.. Are you planning on Removing the grille and maybe plastering over the rear? I guess a hitch mounted spare tire would do the trick too for the rear.

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
But there are two HUGE Bronco logos.. Are you planning on Removing the grille and maybe plastering over the rear? I guess a hitch mounted spare tire would do the trick too for the rear.
I'm leaving the grille, rear badging undecided (picture above shows it can be removed), but have plans on removing the trim stickers for sure. I'd probably remove the blue oval but I'm predicting it is screwed in. Just an old habit of removing badging from cars I still like to do I guess....

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
What about accessories? Bet it would be much easier to get an accessory company to pay you to outfit your vehicle in their accessories than getting ford to pay for publicity. I’m sure companies would like their products to be seen on tv being utilized in extreme ways. Even if it’s not tv it will get views on whatever platform you use.

Me personally, don’t mind the ford or bronco badge, it’s what it is. I do however have a problem with dealership badges, because they didn’t make the vehicle only sold it. It’s like a pair of nikes... I don’t mind the Nike logo but I would not keep a purchased from footlocker logo on them.

Sometimes I do see vehicles and other products on tv with the logo removed.. most of the time I can still tell what it is. But I get where you’re coming from.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
What about accessories? Bet it would be much easier to get an accessory company to pay you to outfit your vehicle in their accessories than getting ford to pay for publicity. I’m sure companies would like their products to be seen on tv being utilized in extreme ways. Even if it’s not tv it will get views on whatever platform you use.

Me personally, don’t mind the ford or bronco badge, it’s what it is. I do however have a problem with dealership badges, because they didn’t make the vehicle only sold it. It’s like a pair of nikes... I don’t mind the Nike logo but I would not keep a purchased from footlocker logo on them.

Sometimes I do see vehicles and other products on tv with the logo removed.. most of the time I can still tell what it is. But I get where you’re coming from.
Such sponsorships are myth unless you are a big time sports figure, etc. I just cover everything up. I've sold more Xterras over the last 10 years than I can count, even though I blacked out everything!

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Such sponsorships are myth unless you are a big time sports figure, etc. I just cover everything up. I've sold more Xterras over the last 10 years than I can count, even though I blacked out everything!
You don’t need to be a big time figure. If you have enough followers, you are an influencer. I recently watched a live stream from an extreme meteorologist during hurricane Laura in lake Charles with over 100,000 viewers watching the live stream much more views after it was posted. All I’m saying is there are companies that use influencers on YouTube and other platforms more and more to advertise. It’s not just Shaq selling icy hot on tv anymore.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The problem is that car makers get thousands of requests for sponsorships every month. Unless they come to you, it's a frustrating waste of time. I tired to make a deal with Toyota last week to supply me with a Rav4 Prime or 4Runner TRD Pro, offering to pay MSRP price if they would void the $20k dealer markup in return for a ton of exposure. Even that was rejected. I suspect hot-selling vehicles don't need a lot of publicity. Maybe I'll contact GMC about the EV Hummer, or just stick with playing the lottery...lol

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
The problem is that car makers get thousands of requests for sponsorships every month. Unless they come to you, it's a frustrating waste of time. I tired to make a deal with Toyota last week to supply me with a Rav4 Prime or 4Runner TRD Pro, offering to pay MSRP price if they would void the $20k dealer markup in return for a ton of exposure. Even that was rejected. I suspect hot-selling vehicles don't need a lot of publicity. Maybe I'll contact GMC about the EV Hummer, or just stick with playing the lottery...lol
Maybe you should do the reverse.. go for sponsorships for equipment (tires, off-road accessories, tools) instead of the Vehicle. I know that the vehicle is the big chunk of the cost.. but I'm sure every little bit helps.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Trust me, after some 30 years of doing this, sponsors come to you, you dont find them.