Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands was spotted in Arizona recently and what's special about this particular image is that it's the first time we've seen the trim badge illuminated at night. The flash of the camera revealed that the trim badge is reflective.

e-reflective-area-51-bronco-sport-night-time-1-jpg.jpg

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
This Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands was spotted in Arizona recently and what's special about this particular image is that it's the first time we've seen the trim badge illuminated at night. The flash of the camera revealed that the trim badge is reflective.

e-reflective-area-51-bronco-sport-night-time-1-jpg.jpg
You will be able to spot basecamp at night hiking back with a headlamp

Wyo

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition (with Icon Stage 2 kit), 2011 Ford Expedition and 1968 Ford Bronco!
Looking good! An Area 51 BL is what I settled on. Do we know if job 1 is still set for October 26th?

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
Am I the only one that is wanting to remove that reflective sticker? I like the clean lines, sticker to me at least detracts from it, especially since it is another color entirely.

Excape

Badlands
First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, CX-5
Am I the only one that is wanting to remove that reflective sticker? I like the clean lines, sticker to me at least detracts from it, especially since it is another color entirely.
No, I would de-badge that too, not into badges or logos. In fact, I passed over a nice shirt when shopping online this week due to the logo (popular outdoor retailer from Maine) emblazoned on the front.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
It’s not a sticker. It can be removed just like the ford logo badge. The only badges I don’t want are dealer badges. I like the badlands badge and I’m ok with the ford logo.
965E2AD3-7E6B-48D0-A308-FEE92207A945.jpeg

Excape

Badlands
First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, CX-5
It’s not a sticker. It can be removed just like the ford logo badge. The only badges I don’t want are dealer badges. I like the badlands badge and I’m ok with the ford logo.
I've never de-badged either, except for dealer badges, but I've also never had named special edition vehicles.

I almost removed the SkyActiv badge from my CX-5 because it really doesn't mean anything.

If I could get a Bronco Sport special edition, named "Badass 2.7L Turbo MT-6", it would mean something.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
I've never de-badged either, except for dealer badges, but I've also never had named special edition vehicles.

I almost removed the SkyActiv badge from my CX-5 because it really doesn't mean anything.

If I could get a Bronco Sport special edition, named "Badass 2.7L Turbo MT-6", it would mean something.
If you see the badges as bragging rights, then you might want to remove them if you believe they aren’t worth bragging about. To me they represent the different trims. I’m okay with a badge describing the trim it is.

Excape

Badlands
First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, CX-5
If you see the badges as bragging rights, then you might want to remove them if you believe they aren’t worth bragging about. To me they represent the different trims. I’m okay with a badge describing the trim it is.
No, I don't see badges as bragging rights, but many do. You know how many fake Z-28's I saw back in the day? My post was tongue-n-cheek.
The point being that I would gladly stoop to the vehicle badge if it meant I could get my dream configuration (a 2.7L with a manual transmission). I don't really care that others know which trim my vehicle is, and certainly don't need one on the outside of the vehicle to describe or remind me - especially if I had the 2.7 with a 6-speed manual!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
Dealer badges drive me nuts! I would however make an exception for @Granger Ford. You buy a vehicle from Granger and that‘s a bragging right!

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
No, I don't see badges as bragging rights, but many do. You know how many fake Z-28's I saw back in the day? My post was tongue-n-cheek.
The point being that I would gladly stoop to the vehicle badge if it meant I could get my dream configuration (a 2.7L with a manual transmission). I don't really care that others know which trim my vehicle is, and certainly don't need one on the outside of the vehicle to describe or remind me - especially if I had the 2.7 with a 6-speed manual!
Labeling different trims on a vehicle is a pretty common occurrence. Some are spelt out in words like limited or platinum. The ford logo itself is not meant to remind you that you don’t drive a chevrolet, it’s no different than a artist signing a piece of art. The trim badges tell people on the lot what features this vehicle has and others on the road that may like what they see and want to go get the same. They aren’t there to remind the owner what trim they have. If you see all the badges as reminders I can see how that may get annoying for you. If you want your trim to be a secret, you can remove it but why do you care if anyone knows what trim you have. It’s no different than a mud terrain tire containing a M/T label. It describes what you are purchasing not a reminder of what you purchased. Honestly you sound like the type to put a manual badge on the outside of your vehicle for others to see. Am I wrong?

Fan_of_Boxy

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda5
965E2AD3-7E6B-48D0-A308-FEE92207A945.jpeg
Nice close up! Yeah, this is the only thing I'd like to remove. Sticker might have been the wrong term. Great discussion, can't wait to see the first owner posted photo with this 'badge' removed! :)

Excape

Badlands
First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, CX-5
Honestly you sound like the type to put a manual badge on the outside of your vehicle for others to see. Am I wrong?
Yes, even after I explained, you missed my point. Scroll back and read for yourself.