First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 now available.

https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

The update is now available for download through Wi-Fi with the head unit. I used the above link and followed instructions to copy the files to a USB-A or USB-C flash drive to update.
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 2515F777-4546-49D9-BCC1-B607BB3F3DC3

It seems zippier. SiriusXM screen detail refreshes faster. SiriusXM Travel Link is much faster and smoother.

Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 AD1A92B4-6F0E-491D-8E02-48A8844E128D

Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 5909D265-F520-402B-B6CC-6AB92D9B85EB
Sponsored

Last edited:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

The update is not yet available for download through Wi-Fi with the head unit. I used the above link and followed instructions to copy the files to a USB-A or USB-C flash drive to update. View attachment 33888
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 2515F777-4546-49D9-BCC1-B607BB3F3DC3
View attachment 33892

It seems zippier. SiriusXM screen detail refreshes faster. SiriusXM Travel Link is much faster and smoother.
I sure wish they would provide release notes/list of changes.

Really annoying that they don't....... 😡

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
This update has been available since at least November of last year, so your BS may already have it. Make sure you need to update before going through all the steps to update.

OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This update has been available since at least November of last year, so your BS may already have it. Make sure you need to update before going through all the steps to update.
Actually not directly from Ford. A version of 22251 has been available through CyanLabs for download. Build 22200 was released in late October for download from Ford. This 22251 update and link will download an official Ford version from the Ford website.

Last edited:

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport

The update is not yet available for download through Wi-Fi with the head unit. I used the above link and followed instructions to copy the files to a USB-A or USB-C flash drive to update. View attachment 33888
View attachment 33892

Followed online instructions with USB. After having to remove it once and plug back in, finally the update got done.
Thanks

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So is it from Ford or CyanLabs ?
If it is not from Ford wouldn't it be prematured yet to install without Ford "blessings"?

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED: THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE COMMENTED!!! Using WIN-11 latest build, I re-downloaded the update file from Ford, used yet another USB Stick (exFAT), and decompressed files using Windows Explorer. I checked the stick and saw that Win-Ex did decompress & xfer the Folder to the stick, but Not the two smaller files. I manually drug the small files to the stick, and Now my Badlands is "Updating System Software." How Sweet It Is.....!!!

P.S. Don't forget to go into System/Engine settings and turn OFF the selection to shut down the engine after 30mins. My update took 60mins. Ended with a blank screen. Shut off enging,, opened the door, waited for the instrument screen to go blank, then started up with a fully functioning updated SYNC3.
-------------------------------------------
Original message:

I am unable to update my '22 Badlands with the new 22251 build. I get the message "This USB device is not compatible. Please Remove." Removing/replacing the USB stick did not help.

I formatted my USB stick to exFat, copied the "Extracted" files to the stick. I already tried two different Sticks, and two different Extraction apps. I'm at a loss.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just in case: Use a brand name (like SanDisk) compatible with USB 3.0

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
So is it from Ford or CyanLabs ?
If it is not from Ford wouldn't it be prematured yet to install without Ford "blessings"?
Mine came from the Ford site.

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I am unable to update my '22 Badlands with the new 22251 build. I get the message "This USB device is not compatible. Please Remove." Removing/replacing the USB stick did not help.

I formatted my USB stick to exFat, copied the "Extracted" files to the stick. I already tried two different Sticks, and two different Extraction apps. I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.....
Make sure your usb stick is at least 8Gb and is formatted exfat.
If you read the instructions from their help file, you don't extract and copy. Using Win explorer, select and extract to the USB stick , root level.

Attachments

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Use the help file attached previous. The only part I couldn't get to work was at the end, doing the confirmation of the update back to Ford. Kept getting an error. Why??? Who knows.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Thanks in advance.....
SYNC is notoriously finicky about USB drive quality. Make sure you are using a high-quality, high-speed device.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Is the downloads page (attached) displays the build before the update?

Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 Doc1
The SYNC 3 version is not always displayed on Ford’s download site
My ‘22 Badlands came from the factory with version 21194.
In October 2022 I installed version 22200 via USB Device but after the 22200 install completed, i was not able to upload the created file from the USB Device to the Ford site due to a known issue with Fords website. So my download page showed “blank” at the spot in your pic where you show 3.4 22200. I contacted the Ford software support team in October 2022 but they could only explain it is a known issue.
Today 1/23/2023 I installed version 22251 via USB Device but after the 22251 install completed, i was not able to upload the created file from the USB Device to the Ford site due to that known issue with Fords website as I mentioned earlier.
And my download page shows “blank” at the spot in your pic where you show 3.4 22200. But I do have 22251 installed as confirmed by the setting on the 8” Display.

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi "Dude"
Thank you - I was confused after Thomasm23 wrote:
"Actually not directly from Ford. A version of 22251 has been available through CyanLabs for download"
I will try the Ford link later.
Sponsored