What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Installed Ford window deflectors last week after driving from NC to IN and my wife complaining about wind noise. It had bothered me a bit as well, but after she brought it up it's all I hear.

The deflectors did nothing to cut back on the wind noise. I'm disappointed, but they look nice and will be nice to have if I want the windows cracked a bit during rain or when parking in a hot environment.

Also noticed that the drivers side fog light doesn't work. Honestly not sure if it ever did and I'm just noticing it now. I've got the light warranty, so when I bring it in I'll see if there's anything they can do about the wind noise as well.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I bought this cover from the dealer where my OBX is on order. It cost me $77.43. The only thing in the box was the cover. I ordered the mounting studs on Amazon. If you research on this forum, you will find several threads about the cover. One of them has the stock # I used and the stud information for Amazon. At one time there was a member on here who was selling a cover. Search for engine cover, and you will get several threads, and all the info you need.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Installed Ford window deflectors last week after driving from NC to IN and my wife complaining about wind noise. It had bothered me a bit as well, but after she brought it up it's all I hear.

The deflectors did nothing to cut back on the wind noise. I'm disappointed, but they look nice and will be nice to have if I want the windows cracked a bit during rain or when parking in a hot environment.

Also noticed that the drivers side fog light doesn't work. Honestly not sure if it ever did and I'm just noticing it now. I've got the light warranty, so when I bring it in I'll see if there's anything they can do about the wind noise as well.
My experience with window deflectors is that they increase wind noise. Even my low profile EGR visors add some noise. The further they stick out, the more noise.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My experience with window deflectors is that they increase wind noise. Even my low profile EGR visors add some noise. The further they stick out, the more noise.
I think you may be correct ... the description specifically mentioned reducing wind noise, that's why I got them

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I believe they are meant to reduce noise if the window is open.
i generally don't drive with my windows open. if anything the noise is worse. they will be helpful when parked in a hot environment, I'm sure, which will be good. They also look nice.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Painted the engine cover I bought for my '23 Outer Banks. Now if Ford would just build and ship it to my dealer, I could install it.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? KIMG0129.JPG
Is there a specific paint and/or application method you used?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I used Artistro multi-surface paint pens. I bought them on Amazon. They worked out well because of the extra-fine tip. You could probably use most any kind of paint, but you need a very small brush.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Finally got the hood deflector. Straight forward install. Glad I went with the textured look goes with the rest of the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_0104[1].JPG
I have one of those waiting to go on my Cactus Gray BL. I like that with the texture the color of the deflector and the grill are close to a match. Once my ceramic coating has fully cured and the weather cooperates with a 50F day or two, I will be putting mine on.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Got new wheels Motegi Racing MR147 CM7 17x8 and now getting paint protection film put on the hood, front fenders, painted section of the front bumper, leading edge of roof and all pillars. Had to mess with the photo to see the wheels, sorry if the color looks strange.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 6C0F0685-4B85-4443-9CF8-0236E8CF298E

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 718C5E95-7CA5-4C68-A69F-9242364CB1E0

PPF and ceramic coating done:
No longer have to worry about how easily scratched the pillars are.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 92B66814-95A7-47E1-B10C-F7B5D51D199C

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1C3CF72B-6E35-45C0-B4BF-B523853E2D90

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 577A6F0A-B3C6-4762-9B85-460E0618013C
Im looking at PPF for my pillars as well. Unfortunately, they were scratched up pretty bad when I picked up from dealer. Did they do a paint correction/eliminate swirls prior to installing you PPF?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Got new wheels Motegi Racing MR147 CM7 17x8 and now getting paint protection film put on the hood, front fenders, painted section of the front bumper, leading edge of roof and all pillars. Had to mess with the photo to see the wheels, sorry if the color looks strange.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 6C0F0685-4B85-4443-9CF8-0236E8CF298E

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 718C5E95-7CA5-4C68-A69F-9242364CB1E0

PPF and ceramic coating done:
No longer have to worry about how easily scratched the pillars are.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 92B66814-95A7-47E1-B10C-F7B5D51D199C

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1C3CF72B-6E35-45C0-B4BF-B523853E2D90

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 577A6F0A-B3C6-4762-9B85-460E0618013C
Your Bronco looks phenomenal, Erika! So glad you're enjoying it!

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
Im looking at PPF for my pillars as well. Unfortunately, they were scratched up pretty bad when I picked up from dealer. Did they do a paint correction/eliminate swirls prior to installing you PPF?
Yes they did. Entire car decontamination and paint correction prior to install. Mine were also scratched up but they just polished it out (don’t know exactly what they used) and they look good as new. I was afraid it wouldn’t be possible but they are familiar with these type of finishes since they have done many Ford vehicles.
Sponsored