JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hey everyone! Starting to tackle some projects on the bronco sport! First up is the roof rack.

We design this to support the normal loads needed for overlanding; gear, awnings, roof top tents.

The rack is constructed of Aluminum sides, front fairing and rear faring. The crossbars are extruded aluminum, making them light, strong and easily attachable. The mounts are made vehicle specific and out of steel for durability!

We already have a bunch of rack accessories that will work with this rack; Maxtrax mounts, accessories mounts, RTT mounts, awning mounts, etc.

Here’s our first test fit! Looks super cool. A couple of small tweaks and we’ll shoot an Install video and launch it into production!

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! A9134599-83FB-4DDB-9E9D-0F229898D86F

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 36BEE05A-E5B3-4BF2-8302-E29182DC703A

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 4E0A4E37-B38A-49F6-8938-69AFCB9A9663

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 982B2FC0-C470-4893-B606-43312FDAE467
Sponsored

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looks great! Does this fit on the existing roof rails or do you remove them? In the pics it sort of looks like they were removed.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Does this fit on the existing roof rails or do you remove them? In the pics it sort of looks like they were removed.
They are removed. Our mounts mount to the existing mounting holes.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There was another thread where someone asked about removing the roof rails. Is it a difficult job to remove them?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Can the old rails be removed and your rack installed from above, or does the headliner need to be removed for access?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can the old rails be removed and your rack installed from above, or does the headliner need to be removed for access?
Unfortunately you have to drop the headliner down to access the bolts. We’ll make a complete installation video showing the entire process though.

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Will it work on a 2021 Badlands with a sunroof/moonroof?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will it work on a 2021 Badlands with a sunroof/moonroof?
The operation would not work. The sunroof pops up over the the rear roof which is already elevated over the front.

You could potentially remove a couple crossbars to make it clear, but it would hit anything on the rack.

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm a very big fan of the visual design of this so I'm excited to see the pricing when y'all go into production.

I'm curious if it makes any noise at highway speed. Also if you will provide an option to help install front roof lights on it

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a very big fan of the visual design of this so I'm excited to see the pricing when y'all go into production.

I'm curious if it makes any noise at highway speed. Also if you will provide an option to help install front roof lights on it
Wind noise is pretty minimal. We do offer a 40” light bar cut out fairing. Do know, any lights will make more noise than no lights.

prusa1954

Badlands
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Hey everyone! Starting to tackle some projects on the bronco sport! First up is the roof rack.

We design this to support the normal loads needed for overlanding; gear, awnings, roof top tents.

The rack is constructed of Aluminum sides, front fairing and rear faring. The crossbars are extruded aluminum, making them light, strong and easily attachable. The mounts are made vehicle specific and out of steel for durability!

We already have a bunch of rack accessories that will work with this rack; Maxtrax mounts, accessories mounts, RTT mounts, awning mounts, etc.

Here’s our first test fit! Looks super cool. A couple of small tweaks and we’ll shoot an Install video and launch it into production!

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! A9134599-83FB-4DDB-9E9D-0F229898D86F

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 36BEE05A-E5B3-4BF2-8302-E29182DC703A

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 4E0A4E37-B38A-49F6-8938-69AFCB9A9663

Ford Bronco Sport JcrOffroad Roof Rack prototyping for Bronco Sport! 982B2FC0-C470-4893-B606-43312FDAE467
Hi, will you be distributing them Puerto Rico? If so what’s the cost? I am interested because I have an Bronco Sport BadLand 2021
Thank you.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks great. Any pricing yet?

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I'd like to see a hitch mounted spare tire and/or gas can rack for the back. With the inadequate gas tank on the Sport, extra gas is a necessity. I put a 1 foot tall luggage carrier on mine, and it dropped the gas mileage by 4-5 mpg. Loading the back has much less effect on mileage. I have used an ATV Cargo Carrier for gas, and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.