WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
The USB-C port does in fact work with carplay, I've used a cable and currently have my wireless carplay adapter plugged into that port and it works fine. The one I have came with both cables and I noticed that it boots and connects way faster when plugged into the USB-C port.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The USB-C port does in fact work with carplay, I've used a cable and currently have my wireless carplay adapter plugged into that port and it works fine. The one I have came with both cables and I noticed that it boots and connects way faster when plugged into the USB-C port.
I'll need to try that. It's not entirely automatic connecting to bluetooth right now.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Well that is good to know! Might have to order a USB C cable.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I start up the carlinkit throws a bunch of bluetooth connection pins, finally connects, then I have to select the phone on the touchscreen, but eventually I end up connected to android auto wirelessly. If it doesn't just work it may not be worth the money I paid since it takes longer to be connected than if I just plug in.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
When I start up the carlinkit throws a bunch of bluetooth connection pins, finally connects, then I have to select the phone on the touchscreen, but eventually I end up connected to android auto wirelessly. If it doesn't just work it may not be worth the money I paid since it takes longer to be connected than if I just plug in.
Even if it takes longer to connect, wireless is so much easier and more convenient.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A minor annoyance: the device reports itself to the sync system as a Carplay system, and that's iBorg terminology.

Jafo

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I didn't know that the Carlinkit also did wireless Android Auto! I am going to have to try this.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I didn't know that the Carlinkit also did wireless Android Auto! I am going to have to try this.
I think it's just version 4 that works with android

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's just version 4 that works with android
I can verify it works with Android auto. Once it connects it's fine, but getting it to connect to bluetooth is not always frustration free.

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Did not power up.
I received my replacement and it connected flawlessly. I did install the update, and all is fine. Caveat, if you have the Wi-Fi hotspot due to the way it works you cannot use both simultaneously.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Which version adapter do you have? My Carlinkit3 will not work in the USB-C port.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Which version adapter do you have? My Carlinkit3 will not work in the USB-C port.
I have the ottocast. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-CarPlay-Adapter-Version-Convert/dp/B09Q59XY7Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=MXFIIQB1XWYT&keywords=wireless+carplay+adapter&qid=1656563804&sprefix=wireless+carplay,aps,214&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNTRJRTUwOEYyMUdDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODEyOTU2S1BFRVdNTFlTQllSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMzE3MDMxSDM4WkM0UjVQWkFEJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It has a usb-c port on it and comes with a usb-c to usb-c cable and a usb-c to usb a cable. Like I said it boots faster when plugged into the usb-c port. I also have a cplay2air and I got a usb-a to usb-c adapter but I haven't had a chance to test it.
Sponsored