Delivered with missing parts?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The only time I look under the hood is to check for mouse nests.

My Ford dealer takes care of everything else.

What benefit does the engine cover have other than looking more aesthetically pleasing?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
What benefit does the engine cover have other than looking more aesthetically pleasing?
You can sit a beer on there when the hood is up. Like a little table.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It allows one to easily differentiate between the BAD Broncos and the GOOD ones.

Seriously, I get why people are annoyed. It seems like Ford is cheaping out on insignificant components. That may be. Ford is struggling with supply chain issues like everyone else, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility it simply can't find a supplier for these parts. Of that's the case, my guess is most of the people upset about missing parts would be even more upset if they were still waiting for their cars because Ford can't find a few bits of plastic.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Over years of ownership the engine cover disperses heat rising directly above the engine.
This could, over time mess with the paint.
On top,
of the hood.
It has some sound deadening influence,
It keeps idiots from playing with the wires and vacuum lines,
The top of my 1.5L with out the cover would look like a cluster F$&@ of very poor wire and tube routing.
These vehicles may not need the cover but IMHO those without absolutely should have gotten at the very least a promissory note saying they will get a recall as parts become available to,,
FINISH BUILDING the vehicle.
No If’s, and’s or but’s
There is no excuse for they way this was handled.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Over years of ownership the engine cover disperses heat rising directly above the engine.
This could, over time mess with the paint.
On top,
of the hood.
It has some sound deadening influence,
It keeps idiots from playing with the wires and vacuum lines,
The top of my 1.5L with out the cover would look like a cluster F$&@ of very poor wire and tube routing.
These vehicles may not need the cover but IMHO those without absolutely should have gotten at the very least a promissory note saying they will get a recall as parts become available to,,
FINISH BUILDING the vehicle.
No If’s, and’s or but’s
There is no excuse for they way this was handled.
Looked under the hood of my daughters 2019 Escape 1.5 Ecoboost. No engine cover. 🤷🏻‍♂️

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It allows one to easily differentiate between the BAD Broncos and the GOOD ones.

Seriously, I get why people are annoyed. It seems like Ford is cheaping out on insignificant components. That may be. Ford is struggling with supply chain issues like everyone else, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility it simply can't find a supplier for these parts. Of that's the case, my guess is most of the people upset about missing parts would be even more upset if they were still waiting for their cars because Ford can't find a few bits of plastic.
If that is the case, why are those constraints not felt on those parts at the parts departments?

Anyone can go and request to buy one and get it within days, no problem. My thought is that they are simply removing these as cost-cutting measures. Most vehicle owners, unless Mustang, Camaros, Jeeps, etc ...are probably not members of online forums so these folks will never know/care parts like this are missing.

Now Ford removing the rear-seat AC controls on the Explorer, navigation from Broncos, etc ... THAT sounds like definite supply chain issues.

Then again, what do I know ...

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If that is the case, why are those constraints not felt on those parts at the parts departments?
Supply "chain" includes shipping and distribution; getting things from here to there. Different countries have different laws, and the rules regarding border crossing during the COVID crisis changed unpredictably.

Then again, what do I know ...
Agreed. We're all just guessing. Crazy times...

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
*shrugs*
Folks' 2021 Corsair doesn't have a cover either...

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My Bronco Sport arrived with the engine cover glued to the hood but was missing the engine. I feel blessed.
Sponsored