Deleted member 2781

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this. The medium size Yakima offgrid basket is also sold by Ford, so you can apply your Fordpass points to it, which is what I did. Paid I think $212.

It's fairly small, so I may add the extension to it which makes it 18" longer. For now I'm just testing it out - never had a basket before. Haven't put any gear in it yet either. Undecided if I'll leave it up there all the time or not. Probably not.

For reference, I have it installed on 50" Yakima Jetstream crossbars. It does not add much noise at all in my opinion, I guess that little fairing works well.

I did not like how close the mounts to the cross bars were to each other the way Yakima ships the basket. The instructions explain how to remove and rotate them 180 degrees so they clamp on the "outer" edge of the wide bar they mount to. This spreads them farther apart several inches and inspires more confidence for load stability.

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed PXL_20210425_185520105

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed PXL_20210425_185502263

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed PXL_20210425_185052799

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed PXL_20210424_153200192
Sponsored

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this. The medium size Yakima offgrid basket is also sold by Ford, so you can apply your Fordpass points to it, which is what I did. Paid I think $212.

It's fairly small, so I may add the extension to it which makes it 18" longer. For now I'm just testing it out - never had a basket before. Haven't put any gear in it yet either. Undecided if I'll leave it up there all the time or not. Probably not.

For reference, I have it installed on 50" Yakima Jetstream crossbars. It does not add much noise at all in my opinion, I guess that little fairing works well.

I did not like how close the mounts to the cross bars were to each other the way Yakima ships the basket. The instructions explain how to remove and rotate them 180 degrees so they clamp on the "outer" edge of the wide bar they mount to. This spreads them farther apart several inches and inspires more confidence for load stability.

This looks really good, I have been going back and forth one which rack to go with. For me I think I will go with the larger basket, but I think this looks great on your BB. I plan on keeping my on all the time once I get one, if it doesn't make too much noise. Thanks for posting!

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Oh yeah! That I do like that a lot. Time to get shopping! Thanks for posting!
I would recommend the offgrid one vs the loadwarrior. The loadwarrior was leftover from our old explorer from a few years back.

But also look at the megawarrior if you aren't planning on using an awning on the side like we are.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@Rane
Yakima states that the dimensions are: L 44.00 in x W 40.00 in x H 7.00 in. Do you know if that's for the interior or exterior?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Nice pictures...
By the way, I just drove about 850 miles with the Yakima offgrid on... the max mpg was 24 ... 80 mph average

Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed 20210424_153857

Last edited:

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would recommend the offgrid one vs the loadwarrior. The loadwarrior was leftover from our old explorer from a few years back.

But also look at the megawarrior if you aren't planning on using an awning on the side like we are.
Thanks for the advice, this forum has been really helpful,

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia

Looks great. Is it pretty light? I know there are some heavier ones out there that cut into load capacity.