Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Not missing a thing. I added why I prefer Ford.
From Flood Fords site:
"Is this the same product that is sold at my local Ford Dealership?
Yes
. These Ford Protect contracts are backed by Ford Motor Company and are sold in all Ford/Lincoln Dealerships. Your Ford Protect agreement will be honored at all Ford and Lincoln Dealerships. "
Sponsored

OP
OP
jimharrison1950

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
From Flood Fords site:
"Is this the same product that is sold at my local Ford Dealership?
Yes
. These Ford Protect contracts are backed by Ford Motor Company and are sold in all Ford/Lincoln Dealerships. Your Ford Protect agreement will be honored at all Ford and Lincoln Dealerships. "
Not all dealers sell Ford contracts, some sell through independent carriers. I learned that the hard way.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not all dealers sell Ford contracts, some sell through independent carriers. I learned that the hard way.
If you ask for Ford Protect specifically, they aren't going to sell you another product. Just don't let them sell you their own independent warranty and you're fine. Dealers like Flood Ford are simply selling the same Ford warranty for less money.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I learned this the hard way with a previous vehicle also. That is why i use flood ford for my ESP now.

For more information here is there Faq page.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/faq.php
I've purchased from Flood, Lombard, and Granger. Flood and Lombard are usually $100 over when I've checked so Granger usually beats them by $50.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Another to check for Ford ESP is Zeigler. All about the same, as mentioned, with Granger being the lowest.

I did first with Flood because they are here. Dealer matched Flood for my second ESP.

I'll post a funny Flood story when I'm on laptop.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I learned this the hard way with a previous vehicle also. That is why i use flood ford for my ESP now.

For more information here is there Faq page.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/faq.php
Right if your going to buy extended warranty make sure its the Ford warranty and not some shady rip off third party warranty.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Jim, Flood and Granger are selling the Ford extended warranty. You will just get it for less money. It’s exactly the same Ford warranty you are going to purchase. We are just trying to help. It’s not a third party insurance, it’s the Ford protect plan.

OP
OP
jimharrison1950

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jim, Flood and Granger are selling the Ford extended warranty. You will just get it for less money. It’s exactly the same Ford warranty you are going to purchase. We are just trying to help. It’s not a third party insurance, it’s the Ford protect plan.
I never said anything against the ones you mentioned, just stated that I got screwed by a dealer who sold me an extended warranty that wasn't backed by Ford, and I had no idea when buying it but cancelled immediate and they charged me a fee. Just stating what's out there, but many here are quick to jump in and show they are much smarter than most.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I never said anything against the ones you mentioned, just stated that I got screwed by a dealer who sold me an extended warranty that wasn't backed by Ford, and I had no idea when buying it but cancelled immediate and they charged me a fee. Just stating what's out there, but many here are quick to jump in and show they are much smarter than most.
Thanks. It wasn’t clear (at least to me) that you understood that what Flood and Granger were offering was the exactly the same package as what you bought directly from Ford but at a substantial discount. Flood has been doing this for years. Granger used to match Flood but now has dropped it by $50.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'll jump the shark...your comments indicate you must be the smartest...lighten up. Others simply stated options and validation of FORD ESP. The extra serving of snot is unwarranted. Glad you paid $7400 for ESP. I hope you never need it sincerely, and should you have an issue, enjoy the service you paid for. No need to berate over purchasing options. Dislike the truth? Ignore button works magic. Here I'll show you how it works.​

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Read the contract. Ford will charge a cancellation fee, depending on your state's regulation. In some states, you can go up to 60 days and flat cancel, and you get all your money back. Other states have different cancellation criteria, either a flat dollar amount or a percentage.

All service agreements read essentially the same. Exclusionary contracts, all mechanical components are covered except what is listed in the "what this agreement does not cover section". VSC contracts are pretty black and white on the component coverage. Ford is no different. They are all controlled and regulated. Must meet each state's criteria before being approved.

What most consumers don't do is read the contract or have any idea what they are really getting. Ask for a sample contract, and read it. Exclusionary coverage is what you want. A lot of people have had a bad experience when they are sold a Stated or Name Component coverage. It's a limited coverage where only the components listed have coverage. Depending on the age of the vehicle then only Stated coverage might be the only option.

OP
OP
jimharrison1950

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll jump the shark...your comments indicate you must be the smartest...lighten up. Others simply stated options and validation of FORD ESP. The extra serving of snot is unwarranted. Glad you paid $7400 for ESP. I hope you never need it sincerely, and should you have an issue, enjoy the service you paid for. No need to berate over purchasing options. Dislike the truth? Ignore button works magic. Here I'll show you how it works.​
Read the contract. Ford will charge a cancellation fee, depending on your state's regulation. In some states, you can go up to 60 days and flat cancel, and you get all your money back. Other states have different cancellation criteria, either a flat dollar amount or a percentage.

All service agreements read essentially the same. Exclusionary contracts, all mechanical components are covered except what is listed in the "what this agreement does not cover section". VSC contracts are pretty black and white on the component coverage. Ford is no different. They are all controlled and regulated. Must meet each state's criteria before being approved.

What most consumers don't do is read the contract or have any idea what they are really getting. Ask for a sample contract, and read it. Exclusionary coverage is what you want. A lot of people have had a bad experience when they are sold a Stated or Name Component coverage. It's a limited coverage where only the components listed have coverage. Depending on the age of the vehicle then only Stated coverage might be the only option.
Look again cup cake. I have cancelled many contracts as I sell the car and not once have I ever been charged and I got my money in 3 business be days. Now you people are attacking me with lies? I posted what's vIb do and have got nothing but attacks, soon called lower prices and now lies. Why don't you people just got with Car Shield if price is what matters. You get v what you been pay me for.

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Look again cup cake. I have cancelled many connects was I sell the car be and not b once be have I ever been charged can be and be In got be my money in 3 business be days
Not sure about that reply.

I'm simply stating what is listed on the contract.

Did you get the full cancellation quote from the dealer when you canceled? Probaly not because it will show the dealer cost in the breakdown. I'm looking at a current Ford Protect Contract and all of the cancellation verbiage is listed for each state. Ford can also deduct claim costs from a cancellation refund also. Again depending on your state's verbiage.

See attached sample contract. Pages 6-14
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.