Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport?

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I would say it’s more like the bronco sport is like snowboarding cruising down blues hitting mild terrain parks. Bronco 2/4 dr is black diamonds, x game level terrain parks. The escape is cross country skiing ha
Nice. Well, clearly I'm not a snowboarder :)
Sponsored

Alderg

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Volvo S70
If you have only one shot, which one would you choose? I don’t want to choose Bronco sport and regret , or chose the Bronco 4 doors and regret! I am going to have it for long time. Thank you
My dealer said he would do the sport first, then switch to the bigger in a couple years if he didn't like. That made sense to me and all the hype may be over by then so easy to source.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It’s a tough decision for me.

Price-I’m guessing a 4 door black diamond with auto and mid package will be around $43k. The badlands bronco sport id get is almost $39k. Slight advantage for sport.

Roof-The bronco has the advantage of removable roof and doors while the sport has the advantage of a fixed roof and quieter interior. Slight advantage to the sport since I would prefer a quieter ride.

Offroad ability-advantage bronco

looks-both are good looking vehicles, but I like the bronco interior and exterior better. Advantage bronco.

Features- there are some features On the sport I can’t get on the bronco and vice versa. I’d say this is a wash.

size - sport has similar legroom as the bronco. Haven’t looked at the cargo capacity of the two but I’d imagine they are similar. Sport will probably be easier to fit in a garage and park. Slight advantage to sport.

For me, it’s gonna come down to test drives and seeing both vehicles in person. It might be a while until I can do that, but I’m fine waiting a bit longer.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I reserved a Sport Badlands for now. At least until I can sit in one. I will hopefully get it by February when I promised my Escape to my grand daughter. I Doubt I could get a full sized Bronco before 2022. I'm also considering the Ranger FX4 or Tremor if the Sport doesn't live up to my expectations. Unfortunately an SUV probably fits my needs more. I would consider other makers but I can do the Z plan bit with Ford (thanks dad).

This will be my daily driver and road tripper so I want a more comfortable ride. However I also want to do more camping and exploring of the side roads I had to skip with my less capable Escape. I doubt I'll go rock climbing but my off roading snob brother goes to Moab in a modified Xterra every year. I'd love to challenge him with a stock full size Bronco still wearing it's window sticker and temp tag.

Size was a consideration because of my garage. I can fit my bike and the Sport in my garage barely. Bronco 2 door maybe. 4 door and the Ranger will have to sit outside in summer hail. In the winter it's scraping ice or defrosting for 15 minutes.

Money was obviously a consideration. I'll wait for the full sized Bronco build and price for more info to consider. Besides the initial cost difference, any money I save on the cheaper Sport I can use to graze the accessory catalog.. I read here that Ford will initially pay the installation fees on dealer installed options. After that it's DIY or pay the dealer shop fees.. If true I want to get any difficult to install options added on by the dealer for warranty reasons.. The article only mentions "Bronco" but I am hoping it also applies to the Bronco Sport.

Njia

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT5, Ford Escape
I would say it’s more like the bronco sport is like snowboarding cruising down blues hitting mild terrain parks. Bronco 2/4 dr is black diamonds, x game level terrain parks. The escape is cross country skiing ha
The Escape is staying home while the snow comes down.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Badlands with Badlands

The a broncos are sweet. End line.

The whole thing for me, face value up front, is extremely shallow. The whole lineup is sexy af. I’m not a car person... my family has owned Toyotas for decades. I was this close to getting a RAV4 and decided against it. Just wasn’t right.

I saw the Broncos and kept looking at them, and it just clicked. Everyone has listed a lot of amazing reasons on here, I just wanted to list my key reason: they just look amazing.

As for Sport vs 4 door... Sport. I’ve been dreaming of road trips through the West, camping and golfing... a little off road learning as well. So gas mileage is a factor in a big way.

Lastly, the Sport is something I see as a lifestyle choice in a world where there is a Suburu parked in every stall you see in the SF Bay Area. They’re great, they’re fantastic, they’re just not for me. I want to drive down the road and know that I’m a part of starting something. Sure they’ll be some Soccer Moms involved, I’d love to hang out with them! But I’m in Marin County all the time and everywhere I look there are people driving G Classes and Jeep Rubicons, Range Rover’s etc... and they’ve never taken them anywhere but the grocery store.

Sport Badlands with Badlands. Sexy practicality.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have only one shot, which one would you choose? I don’t want to choose Bronco sport and regret , or chose the Bronco 4 doors and regret! I am going to have it for long time. Thank you
It’s interesting. I was comparing dynamic roof strength of the Broncos. Big Bronco is 110 pounds, Sport without moonroof is 150 and with moonroof is 100. Structurally it makes sense I reckon. but it is constraining. some are hoping for an exoskeleton ($$).

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Everyone!
If you have a choice between Bronco 4 door ( big bend) with sassquad and Bronco sport first edition , what would you choose? and reason for it

Thank you so much
the pace of deliveries does seem to be dragging along. The longer it goes, the more I find myself wondering. Maybe it’s winter or the pandemic but it does feel like this has been going on for a very long time. Very. Still planning to stay with BL+BL but tonight I looked at big bronco big bend with mid option. Roughly same price. It’s a nice looking rig too.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Yeah this does feel like it’s dragging on. A bit depressing seeing dealers getting BL + BL but my reservation isn’t even scheduled. I originally was going for the 2-door but fell in love with the Sport. I still want a BL + BL but if this drags on with dealers getting deliveries ahead of reservations and zero communication from Ford I’ll probably cancel and rethink things.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My guess is that if you didn’t reserve a full size before August you’ll be waiting another 18-24 months for the big Bronco.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'd rather grab the keys to the Bronco Sport. I'm not saying that I have anything against a four-door Bronco (because I don't), but I've always been used to Broncos being 2-doors. Fortunately, I can get used to this really easily since Ford will obviously sell more of them.

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What’s the intended use? I think, for me, the Sport is plenty of vehicle. If I lived out west, or one of the eastern mountain states, the full Bronco would be pretty sweet.

I have family in Colorado, but I only make it out there once a year, so for mostly city driving, the Bronco Sport will be great.

Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Sniffing the bait, here....realizing that I can get most of what I want in terms of high end items, with great mileage (since 98% of my time is on the road!), in a thoughtful package....that is, oh, AVAILABLE! I wish it was topless.....man oh man for a soft top.
Sponsored