REH757

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So, BS BB has all the symptoms of a dead battery at 1800 miles. Dealer service directed me to "do not jump start", and use Ford Roadside Assistance to have it towed to dealer.

I'm on day 2 of waiting for a tow!

This is crap service!
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
That’s not good enough. Ford Motor Company are you reading this? You need to reach out and be of assistance.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
"Do not jump start" ??? Why? Ford literally sells jump starters as accessories for this bronco.

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
AAA... I have Triple A Premier. Will tow me up to 100 miles no charge. Also lockouts and jumps and gas delivery at no charge. (other than your annual membership fee), with 6 vehicles and a camper, it is well worth it. Been towed with one vehicle and the camper to another to a shop. That tow would have been 500 bux.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
AAA... I have Triple A Premier. Will tow me up to 100 miles no charge. Also lockouts and jumps and gas delivery at no charge. (other than your annual membership fee), with 6 vehicles and a camper, it is well worth it. Been towed with one vehicle and the camper to another to a shop. That tow would have been 500 bux.
I waited on the side of a highway with a friend who needed towing from AAA for 3 hours. He ended up canceling his platinum membership. When the tow truck showed up, the driver said that AAA pays the least for towing, so they are always last on the list for pickup.

No AAA for me. And to beat all, their office is in Lake mary Florida, 12 miles from where my friend was stuck waiting for the tow.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Yes I have CAA in Canada, don’t leave home without it. Worth the $150 / year for two vehicles. Piece of mind.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
"Do not jump start" ??? Why? Ford literally sells jump starters as accessories for this bronco.
Good point. Interesting to say the least,

OP
OP

REH757

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So my dealer recommended I use my insurance roadside assistance plan. Guess who the provider is ... yup same company that provides Ford Roadside Assistance... I wonder if the outcome will change? SMH!

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I waited on the side of a highway with a friend who needed towing from AAA for 3 hours. He ended up canceling his platinum membership. When the tow truck showed up, the driver said that AAA pays the least for towing, so they are always last on the list for pickup.

No AAA for me. And to beat all, their office is in Lake mary Florida, 12 miles from where my friend was stuck waiting for the tow.
That building is just a corporate building in Lake Mary, did the fire alarm inspection for years in that place. Most AAA services are farmed out to third party providers. Never had a tow with my AAA but did have to use the lockout assistance for a friend, didn't wait long at all. The only time a tow truck is prompt is when you are illegally parked!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
That building is just a corporate building in Lake Mary, did the fire alarm inspection for years in that place. Most AAA services are farmed out to third party providers. Never had a tow with my AAA but did have to use the lockout assistance for a friend, didn't wait long at all. The only time a tow truck is prompt is when you are illegally parked!
Yea, I knew that, but just ironic that my friend and I lived a couple of miles from that building (The Hills of Lake Mary).

DahliaDarlin'

Outer Banks
First Name
Lise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2005 Honda Civic
A friend just waited two hours for a AAA tow on her way home from work. (Honda Fit, not BS. Blown tire) She said AAA told her the tow call goes out for a bid and then they wait to see who answers the bid. In this case the answer was from a town 2 hours away. AAA told her it didn't matter. Another, closer company called her and eventually came, but it was a mess to clear the change with AAA to cancel the first tow and blah blah blah. So glad it didn't happen to her in the dark and cold of winter.

I've used them for lock outs, but an insurance agent friend said to call your insurance.

OP
OP

REH757

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I eventually got towed... turned but not by Ford Roadside Assistance. They NEVER came through.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Not saying 2 days is acceptable, but I wonder if some of the delay is caused by the BS being an AWD vehicle. The manual says you can tow them for short distances at low speeds on all four wheels, but otherwise recommends towing it with all four wheels off the ground on a trailer. So this may limit the type of tow-truck that can safely tow a BS (or any AWD type vehicle).

OP
OP

REH757

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I think so. Per one of the potential towing services, Ford Roadside Assistance did not want to pay for them to use skates. SMH.
Sponsored