Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Is there a difference other than the logo?
I bought the optional mat, so at the risk of defending it...

It's slightly easier to remove, and much easier to clean than that pressboard cover. I wouldn't be afraid to pressure wash it if I had to. It's also a more pliable rubber than the sort of plastic-y coated cover so depending on the thing you load, it slides a little less. A lot of the accessories are underwhelming IMO, the mat is one thing I am still happy with.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I bought the optional mat, so at the risk of defending it...

It's slightly easier to remove, and much easier to clean than that pressboard cover. I wouldn't be afraid to pressure wash it if I had to. It's also a more pliable rubber than the sort of plastic-y coated cover so depending on the thing you load, it slides a little less. A lot of the accessories are underwhelming IMO, the mat is one thing I am still happy with.
Sweet. I ordered one so glad I did

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Since I posted, I saw pictures of someone else who’s lays flat. So it looks like it can be done. But how?
If you look at the ledge inches above on the sidewall above the floor liner there is a ledge to set in to to line it up. There are 2 positions...........

Shan742098

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAv 4
If you take the cover and lift it out and slide it onto the little tracks that I circled it lifts it up even for you...

Ford Bronco Sport Wish Back Seat & Cargo Area Lines Up To Lay Flat 1cover

I am hopefully ordering one of these bad boys soon... When you move the platform up to make it more level is it sturdy to sleep on?? We often do long trips to Florida from Wyoming and we make a bed in the back and sleep back there... Is it sturdy?

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When you move the platform up to make it more level is it sturdy to sleep on?? We often do long trips to Florida from Wyoming and we make a bed in the back and sleep back there... Is it sturdy?
You'll need to place something on top of the spare tire to make up for the vertical gap, if you don't have the full sized spare, that's what the upper notch is for.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I am hopefully ordering one of these bad boys soon... When you move the platform up to make it more level is it sturdy to sleep on?? We often do long trips to Florida from Wyoming and we make a bed in the back and sleep back there... Is it sturdy?
Probably not. You'll need a full-size spare or something for the platform to rest on when you slide it into the upper notch. Otherwise, the platform has a tendency to slide off the 'lip' near the hatch and fall down, so the platform slopes down from the upper notch to below the hatch deck.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Those with the Badlands or full-size spare, the rear floor is only usable at the higher setting so it’s flat. There is a bit of an up-slope to the rear seats then they’re folded down, but flat for all intents and purposes. The rubberized floor and seat back protectors (not sure which trims those are included with) are nice. The cargo mat isn’t really necessary due to the rubberized floor, but I’ve found It handy since it catches a lot of dirt and then easy to remove and hose off.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That I don't know as I am awaiting mine still...Nov 17th

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Those with the Badlands or full-size spare, the rear floor is only usable at the higher setting so it’s flat.
Darn, I was kind of excited about gaining a couple inches of vertical space. Didn’t know there were multiple positions for the deck.

MonkeyKing1969

First Name
Linc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2009
If there is one wish for the 2023 model year, it would be a totally flat extended cargo area. Many people camp/sleep in the cargo area, so a flat cargo area with the lowest cargo floor possible is a must. I would ditch the 'lift-up' under seat stoage areas to re-engeer the back seats to fold so that the rear cargo is flat. It is supposed to be 76" with the seats down, so if was 76" flat a person 5' 11" can lay downwith their feet touching the back - not ideal but doable.

A Ford Bronco Sport XL that was four inchs longer in the cargo area would be good too... ;-)

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I know this is a late reply, but yes the platform is sturdy enough to sleep on when it’s been moved to the higher (level) position. We’ve done it many times. There’s no need fo any other modification.
Sponsored