Wireless Charging WAY TOO HOT on Iphone 10

Bubby21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS
What is your experience using the wireless charger (23 BS Badlands)? Does it work better for some phones than others? My Iphone 13 seems okay but my husbands Iphone 10 gets TOO hot. The wireless charger charges his phone but we don't use it anymore because of the temp. Any one else with this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bubby21

Bubby21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS
The Iphones in that article are 12, 13 and 14. Hubby has a 10. Maybe his is just too old and isn't compatible.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It seems like a yes to both, charger and older iphone. The charger is WAY too slow! The iphone gets too hot so it stops charging. I have a '22 BigBend and an iphone10. I stopped using the wireless charger pad a long time ago. The USB port inside the center console provides a rapid charge without causing a shift to Apple carplay.

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
It gets hot because 1) it doesn’t sit flush because of the raised camera lenses/housing and 2) he’s probably using the phone while on the charger. Phone does get hotter while being used.

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
IMHO the BS charger is useless. Regardless of the charging speed or heat, the phone just moves around and loses wireless connection wit the charger. Just brake little hard or shake a fast turn and it will happen. I haven't been able to use it since I Vought mins +1 years ago.
Sponsored