thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I just placed and order for OB+OB (w/o Moonroof) for the B and O radio. How good is the wireless charger that comes in this package? Is only rated at 5watts like those found in the 2018 models? I have not noticed in the order guide or brochure if that is 5watt or 10watt.

Does anyone have phone with Fast wireless charging to check? 5Watt wirless charing seems slow for 2021

The Q/A seems to be shifted, but the last answer said that it is a 5watt charger on this page.

external Link: https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/technology/convenience/wireless-charging.html
Sponsored

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just picked up my Badlands on Wednesday and used it for the first time yesterday (Thursday). It is a pretty slow charge. I have a USB as well, and plugged it in to that which charges it way faster. I still love the idea of the wireless charging pad though.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
A lot of phones (android at least, don't know about iPhone) will say "Fast wireless charging" or something to that effect on the screen if it is, well, fast wireless charging. It might even say "slow wireless charging" if it's not.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Don't you have to plug your phone in to get the apps to the screen? Makes the wireless charging kind of useless unless your just using it for hands free.

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, it would make more sense with sync 4 with wireless Android auto.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I posted this in a similar thread....I thought it was pointless, but...

I plug the phone in for Android auto/Waze, my spouse drops her phone on the wireless charger...

all depends on application...for the driver, kinda pointless if you are using your phone, if not, great...but a passenger can also benefit from the wireless charging ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted this in a similar thread....I thought it was pointless, but... I plug the phone in for Android auto/Waze, my spouse drops her phone on the wireless charger... all depends on application...for the driver, kinda pointless if you are using your phone, if not, great...but a passenger can also benefit from the wireless charging ;)
Yea. That was a portion of why I chose
the +ob package. B and o radio was the majority. HD Radio was something neat and worth trying out.

I'm not sure what my daily drive config will be yet. Having the charging pad sounds nice right now. I may like the factory navigation over waze, or I might hate it. It will charge my smart watch, that would be handy.

Last edited:

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
I am thinking that if the wireless charge unit delivered by Ford is weak, I will plug in my own more powerful unit and use that.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It is very weak. I know if I have Youtube music or SiriusXM streaming while on the charger it will not charge but merely stay at the percentage it is currently on.

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
I am thinking that if the wireless charge unit delivered by Ford is weak, I will plug in my own more powerful unit and use that.
I wonder if they'll will be some aftermarket options that are more powerful
Sponsored