jmarcott99

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We recently purchased a 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks and after only having it about 3 weeks it started making a winding and grinding noise in the rear end it would start around 25 to 30 mph. Took it back to the dealership and the service manager rode in it with us and was like "yeah somethings not right for sure" Took it in and had their top service mechanic check it out.. He couldn't figure it out.. He put a line into the Ford Tech Line.. They said replace rear differentials sounds like a defect.. Due to supply chain issues the parts were on indefinite back order Ford was only releasing parts to "new builds" so after calling to Ford requesting a buy back they said it didn't meet the requirements in Indiana yet.. Ford finally 3 weeks later releases the parts for the fix, so the dealership replaces the rear differential and axle and the noise is still there.. So the tech put another request to the Ford Tech Line for assistance earlier this week and still no word.. So we have been stuck in a rental for about the last month. We loved it the first couple of weeks we had it until this started and its been a nightmare dealing with Ford ever since trying to get this thing fixed or replaced.. We suggested they find us another one same colors and options and we would just take it because we loved it the short time we had it till the issues started.. We were told by Ford customer service the engineers have drove a couple others same make and model and the noise is normal which can't be true the noise didn't start till we hit about 1,200 miles in it.. This whole process has been a nightmare.. Just throwing this out there to see if others have had a similar experience? I have drove Ford products all my life and this was the first brand new vehicle we have ever owned.. I have busted the forums telling the dealership anything and everything I have found to check and so as 11/20/2022 approaches we can apply for a buy back again which sucks because we really loved it and want to keep it but at this point we are at a loss! Any suggestions on our situation would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Big Bend
First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
If they weren't able to figure out what the core issue is after the first time you took it in, don't let them talk you into keeping it. There is definitely an issue with the car and it is definitely not "normal noises". I believe your best option here is to go with the buy back. It def sucks because you really like that car but hey you can either order a 23 model and wait few months (if you have another car to drive around) or just do an intense search for the same trim, pretty sure you can find another one around, worst case you'll have to search at dealerships at nearby states but I would highly suggest going with the buy back option though because last thing you want is to deal with these noises after the buy back is no longer an option. Also, try and see if they can give you some sort of a dealer credit on your next purchase, worth a try!

I'm sorry you're going through such an awful experience! It's always dark before dawn

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
We recently purchased a 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks and after only having it about 3 weeks it started making a winding and grinding noise in the rear end it would start around 25 to 30 mph. Took it back to the dealership and the service manager rode in it with us and was like "yeah somethings not right for sure" Took it in and had their top service mechanic check it out.. He couldn't figure it out.. He put a line into the Ford Tech Line.. They said replace rear differentials sounds like a defect.. Due to supply chain issues the parts were on indefinite back order Ford was only releasing parts to "new builds" so after calling to Ford requesting a buy back they said it didn't meet the requirements in Indiana yet.. Ford finally 3 weeks later releases the parts for the fix, so the dealership replaces the rear differential and axle and the noise is still there.. So the tech put another request to the Ford Tech Line for assistance earlier this week and still no word.. So we have been stuck in a rental for about the last month. We loved it the first couple of weeks we had it until this started and its been a nightmare dealing with Ford ever since trying to get this thing fixed or replaced.. We suggested they find us another one same colors and options and we would just take it because we loved it the short time we had it till the issues started.. We were told by Ford customer service the engineers have drove a couple others same make and model and the noise is normal which can't be true the noise didn't start till we hit about 1,200 miles in it.. This whole process has been a nightmare.. Just throwing this out there to see if others have had a similar experience? I have drove Ford products all my life and this was the first brand new vehicle we have ever owned.. I have busted the forums telling the dealership anything and everything I have found to check and so as 11/20/2022 approaches we can apply for a buy back again which sucks because we really loved it and want to keep it but at this point we are at a loss! Any suggestions on our situation would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

jmarcott99

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yeah it's really a shame.. We are worried that Ford is going to deny it saying that "its normal noises" and deny our buy back.. Would hate to have to get a lawyer involved.. The flip side is we have to have something to drive and Ford has put us in a rental but never fun seeing a payment go out on a brand new car you got to drive for three weeks.. We didn't go through the normal dealership that we usually use and although this dealership hasn't been bad but that was our mistake should have stuck with what we consider home.. If we do have to seek out another it will be through our go to dealership.. I really hope Ford stands behind this as Ford is all that I have drove all my life and at 41 thats been a few years! lol

TXBronco1313

Big Bend
First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Yeah it's really a shame.. We are worried that Ford is going to deny it saying that "its normal noises" and deny our buy back.. Would hate to have to get a lawyer involved.. The flip side is we have to have something to drive and Ford has put us in a rental but never fun seeing a payment go out on a brand new car you got to drive for three weeks.. We didn't go through the normal dealership that we usually use and although this dealership hasn't been bad but that was our mistake should have stuck with what we consider home.. If we do have to seek out another it will be through our go to dealership.. I really hope Ford stands behind this as Ford is all that I have drove all my life and at 41 thats been a few years! lol
Hopefully they won't! Definitely go with the buy back option first then see what happens. Good luck!

Aaron253

Big Bend
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hello, I have a 22 big bend and have what seems to be the same issue. Have there been anymore updates on this? Mine was just at the dealership yesterday. We went for a drive and they acknowledged the sound but they lifted it up and had a look but said they couldn't find any problem.

OP
OP

jmarcott99

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hello, I have a 22 big bend and have what seems to be the same issue. Have there been anymore updates on this? Mine was just at the dealership yesterday. We went for a drive and they acknowledged the sound but they lifted it up and had a look but said they couldn't find any problem.
They replaced the rear diff on ours.. Had a ford engineer come ride in the vehicle after the brand new rear diff didn't fix it.. The engineer said that all the sounds were perfectly normal but the amount of road noise wasn't leading them to basically insulate it more.. After they did that we cant hear the noises anymore.. So leading me to wonder were the noises we heard truly "normal" and they just skimped on the true amount of insulation needed to kill off the road and drive train noises or was that the only solution to where we wouldn't hear it and go on our way?!?!? lol Either way we don't hear it anymore and my wife is happy and its under warranty so like I told my wife all we can do is drive it at this point and hope for the best!

Aaron253

Big Bend
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you so much for your help. I will take mine back and ask the to do the same for mine. This does make sense because I noticed that the more people or things I have in the back the less I hear it. Thank you again!
They replaced the rear diff on ours.. Had a ford engineer come ride in the vehicle after the brand new rear diff didn't fix it.. The engineer said that all the sounds were perfectly normal but the amount of road noise wasn't leading them to basically insulate it more.. After they did that we cant hear the noises anymore.. So leading me to wonder were the noises we heard truly "normal" and they just skimped on the true amount of insulation needed to kill off the road and drive train noises or was that the only solution to where we wouldn't hear it and go on our way?!?!? lol Either way we don't hear it anymore and my wife is happy and its under warranty so like I told my wife all we can do is drive it at this point and hope for the best!

OP
OP

jmarcott99

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you so much for your help. I will take mine back and ask the to do the same for mine. This does make sense because I noticed that the more people or things I have in the back the less I hear it. Thank you again!
NP! When we first took ours in you couldn't hardly talk to people in the back seat due to the noise and now that isn't a problem.. So was it a bandage on cancer? Only time will tell.. Not sure where all they insulated? I'm assuming under in the back and around the rear tire area? After them having it over a month and trying to figure it out once the ford engineer came and rode it in and their plan of action made my wife happy I was good with it.. I made her go test drive it after they did what they did because it's what she drives daily and I wanted her to be happy if not to leave it there and she came driving it home and hasn't said a word about the noises since!

Aaron253

Big Bend
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's great...
NP! When we first took ours in you couldn't hardly talk to people in the back seat due to the noise and now that isn't a problem.. So was it a bandage on cancer? Only time will tell.. Not sure where all they insulated? I'm assuming under in the back and around the rear tire area? After them having it over a month and trying to figure it out once the ford engineer came and rode it in and their plan of action made my wife happy I was good with it.. I made her go test drive it after they did what they did because it's what she drives daily and I wanted her to be happy if not to leave it there and she came driving it home and hasn't said a word about the noises since!
Hopefully they are correct that that is the only issue but like you said, at least we have our warranties!

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
same exact issue, I ended up getting another one.

the ”fix” was to add insulation as well. Only they replaced the hubs and differential on mine as well.

joe_april

Outer Banks
First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Can anyone outside the vehicle hear the noise next to the car? Silencing them so that they can not be heard inside is not a fix. Especially when you can hear it outside the car. My 21 Bronco Sport OB is having the same issue. I can not get the dealer to diagnose the car. I took it there twice for this noise and still they keep refusing to help here. The service manager is just terrible.

OP
OP

jmarcott99

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can anyone outside the vehicle hear the noise next to the car? Silencing them so that they can not be heard inside is not a fix. Especially when you can hear it outside the car. My 21 Bronco Sport OB is having the same issue. I can not get the dealer to diagnose the car. I took it there twice for this noise and still they keep refusing to help here. The service manager is just terrible.
We couldn't hear it unless the car was driving over 25 mph. So it took us getting a service manager to ride in the car and eventually they sent an actual ford engineer down to ride in the car.
Sponsored