Will the BroncoSport ever have subscription services?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
It's a good way to generate revenue and keep the share holders happy. The average length of ownership of a new car is going up so the manufacturers need to come up with different ways of making money.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
If Ford does this I’ll drive my BS until it falls apart then I’ll never own another Ford product again.
I’ll buy old crap that runs and not look back. What ever my free of monthly fee vehicle is will prolly be an ugly beat up eye sore.
My 2004 Escape still has Ice cold air and a smooth running engine.
I’m good.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Of course. The Bronco Sport is already loaded with them if you want to buy in.

-Ford Service Plan.
-Extended Warranties.
-Sirius Subscription.
-Sync upgrades past warranty period.
-Navigation Maps.
-AT&T Hotspot Data Point.

Subscription based living is the future everyone is marching towards. Everyone bellyaches when Prime, Netflix or Xbox or cel carrier plans go up in price. Then they keep buying anyhow. Everyone is griping about BMW right now but eventually they'll settle in and buy the features; end up justifying it somehow like "I'm leasing anyhow and the lease is lower this way". Vehicles are slightly less disposable than a razor, which you can also subscribe to from several companies.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's a good way to generate revenue and keep the share holders happy. The average length of ownership of a new car is going up so the manufacturers need to come up with different ways of making money.
It's also high-quality revenue: low marginal cost, recurring, don't need techs turning wrenches to generate it.

Building a vehicle is just an excuse to make real money on subscriptions and Ford Credit vig lol.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Of course. The Bronco Sport is already loaded with them if you want to buy in.

-Ford Service Plan.
-Extended Warranties.
-Sirius Subscription.
-Sync upgrades past warranty period.
-Navigation Maps.
-AT&T Hotspot Data Point.

Subscription based living is the future everyone is marching towards. Everyone bellyaches when Prime, Netflix or Xbox or cel carrier plans go up in price. Then they keep buying anyhow. Everyone is griping about BMW right now but eventually they'll settle in and buy the features; end up justifying it somehow like "I'm leasing anyhow and the lease is lower this way". Vehicles are slightly less disposable than a razor, which you can also subscribe to from several companies.
The warranties have always been a way to make some cash, nothing new there and the rest of those are software upgrades.

BMW is literally asking people to buy a subscription to use the heated seats that are already installed in their car, same with the auto high beams and other features,

Effectively they’re asking you to pay things it seems you already purchased but apparently haven’t?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It's also high-quality revenue: low marginal cost, recurring, don't need techs turning wrenches to generate it.

Building a vehicle is just an excuse to make real money on subscriptions and Ford Credit vig lol.
Amen. Sirius XM is just printing money....satellites are up and fees just climb. Dumped it as soon as the trial ran out. I'll listen to FM radio until the entire infotainment becomes pay per use. It's happening all around us. Much like all the wants and wishes for all the personal upgrades. Becarful what you wish for, you just may get it.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Saw that one. So $50/mo * 36mo = $1,800. They’ll probably say they’re giving you a discount to pay upfront, which they kinda are for those that would’ve subscribed anyways. I’d hope for something longer than 3 years for that cost though.

I agree with the statement in the article though that this is a bit of a marketing blunder as it looks like exactly what it is, a forced paid up front subscription with vehicle purchase. Instead of increasing MSRP & selling it as a no-cost value add. After all, even the Sport has such massive MSRP increases, surely GM is doing the same.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Saw that one. So $50/mo * 36mo = $1,800. They’ll probably say they’re giving you a discount to pay upfront, which they kinda are for those that would’ve subscribed anyways. I’d hope for something longer than 3 years for that cost though.

I agree with the statement in the article though that this is a bit of a marketing blunder as it looks like exactly what it is, a forced paid up front subscription with vehicle purchase. Instead of increasing MSRP & selling it as a no-cost value add. After all, even the Sport has such massive MSRP increases, surely GM is doing the same.
all for a feature which for the most part will never be utilized
$1.5 k to ask someone for directions
$1.5K to call for emergency services
helluva phone call charge
Ford Bronco Sport Will the BroncoSport ever have subscription services? 1660183593036

and not to forget
if financed
factor in the final cost
$1.5k financed @ 4% for 4 yrs

Ford Bronco Sport Will the BroncoSport ever have subscription services? 1660183830158

for a phone call
I'll do it myself
thanks

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Serius is a subscription service that comes with the Bronco sport?

I thought the wifi hub was too? You just get a free trial for like 5 years?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's a good way to lose your customer base too.
Sponsored