Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco?

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Buying off the lot is the only reason I'm in my BS BB now. I haven't had any bad experiences in buying what is available and in stock, be it Subaru, Jeep, Dodge, and now this Bronco. I had to drive 2 hours each way to get the vehicle, but I am very pleased!
hi nothing wrg with getting something you like of the lot its just not my first choice but i try to never be in the position of needing to buy immediately! glad you like it , i just got a build date!
Sponsored

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Greetings all,

So, I was going to get the Bronco BL and even had a spot. In the end, after doing the B&P on both the Bronco and the Sport, it was a 20K difference. The realization that I would not use a Bronco like it was designed and the cost made it clear. With the price, 90mile drive to work, and “real’ use, I now have a BS BL/BL on order.

And yes, I had them both loaded. 2020 was a year of three cancers and a lovely week of being blind. It gives one a different perspective! With the push from my wife after all that, she said, get what you want.

We live in Maine so that the BS will see snow and mud and some off-roading.

Good luck all, and stay safe.

PS. IF anyone could give their Order to Vin - production - the delivery date that would be great..

Yes, I'm counting the days!
hi i just got my build date and i ordered about the same as you and dealer say i should have by end of june so maybe in time for 4 july vacation time?

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
I got the BS sooner than the G6 Bronco. I am ordering the G6 now, but have been told a 9 to 12 month wait...driving Sport in the mean time.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Bronco sport was a good camping rig for us overall with the kids. The wife needed a new car and couldn't wait 2-3 years for a reservation.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Didn’t want to wait for 12-18-24 months for Ford to get there act together on the full size Bronco.
Absolutely. I would have considered a Bronco, but they are still a pipe dream. With what's going on in the auto industry, who knows when you can go to a dealership, drive one and take it home. Ford got potential customers amped two years ago and still don't have any units in customers' hands. Not good.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Went and looked at the Sport for first time today. It looks very cool, especially in Badlands trim. Fun, sweet little rig. But, at $33k or so MSRP, it's the same price as the 4-door base model full-size Bronco. The full-size Bronco is going to be far more capable off-road, even than the Badlands Sport, and can carry passengers and cargo more comfortably. Why pick the Badlands? Or even the Big Bend/Outer Banks? Just curious.
Everyone knows the BS is not as capable off-road as the Bronco. But it is available. If I needed a hard core off-roader, I'd just go buy a Wrangler rather than roll in the years long quagmire of Ford's Bronco introduction.

I suspect the BS will outsell the Bronco. I believe more people will think it suits their needs than the Bronco will. I also believe that those who bought BS's and are planning on driving in the sand will be quickly disappointed.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
See now you've talked me back into Badlands. I need to drive my Subie and a Badlands on the same trails to see just how much more I can do with Badlands, otherwise, I just can't justify making the switch.
If trails were my deciding factor, I'd just go buy a Wrangler. Neither of your choices can touch its off-road capabilities and it is available. Also holds its value well, can likely sell or trade it when Broncos are readily available if you want to go that direction.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For me it was a matter of choosing a vehicle on a spectrum from sedan to rock crawler as far as on-road to off-road capability. My final three options were the rav4, Bronco Sport, or Bronco 2D. The rav4 has the best handling on road, gas mileage, and price. The Bronco 2D was the most capable off road, worst gas mileage, and most expensive. The Bronco sport is somewhere in between. Since it will be my only car and I do need to drive it in the city when there is too much rain to ride my motorcycle, I wanted more road performance than the 2D. Since it’s other purpose besides rain/snow commuter is hunting, hiking, and adventuring, I wanted more off road ruggedness than the rav4. The Bronco Sport fit that slot perfectly for me. The price and lead time were also perks vs the big Bronco.
I think a lot of folks will feel like you. That's why I feel BS will outsell Broncos. They are different vehicles, shouldn't be compared to one another.

b_wilson271

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Bronco Sport
hi, how do you like you BL cyber orange? I ordered same 2 weeks ago , did you get the matching 'orange trim interior'?
I'm probably looking at July for mine...
I love the interior color. I have the badlands accessories package so the seats are brown leather and I suppose the small amount of non black trim is also brown. Almost kodiak brown

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks, Honda CB1100
I went with the Bronco Sport and picked it up yesterday. It’s the perfect size for me. It has all the features I need and it’s a nice smooth ride. I love my little horse ?

Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? 6F9371A5-4BE5-4914-A708-3EF9C077DC27
Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? 6F9371A5-4BE5-4914-A708-3EF9C077DC27
How do you have that gap there? I don’t have any space under the radio controls. Hmm, trying to think of what’s occupying that space and I’m not near the truck at the moment.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Went and looked at the Sport for first time today. It looks very cool, especially in Badlands trim. Fun, sweet little rig. But, at $33k or so MSRP, it's the same price as the 4-door base model full-size Bronco. The full-size Bronco is going to be far more capable off-road, even than the Badlands Sport, and can carry passengers and cargo more comfortably. Why pick the Badlands? Or even the Big Bend/Outer Banks? Just curious.
Just got back today from a 1,200 mile roadtrip across Washington state, up the coast, across the top and back down. On the way home, we stopped off in Seattle to test drive the full-size Bronco. I was surprised at how NOT much wider or longer it is than the BS, but much taller. I assumed it would have so much more room inside, but it doesn't feel like it (I didn't measure.) A bit more leg room for passengers, yes, but the cargo area seems about the same width. Reference photos of it next to my BS. (The one we drove is a Badlands on 33", whereas the one we ordered will be on 35" tires.) Also, there is a solid 4" step down where the back seats fold forward, between the seat and cargo area, that will make a modification necessary to smooth/fill-in in order to comfortably sleep in the back. Not so in the BS. I think anyone deciding between the two will really want to think about what they want most out of it and then test both versions. Now that I've seen both, I'm so glad I have the BS, (but happy my husband will have big brother.) We have different needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? 20210910_131003

Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? 20210910_131028

Pete714

Big Bend
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I gave up this week on purchasing the full size bronco for now. i paid a 7k mark up to get my hands on my BB. Orange County,CA dealers are out of control, I went to HBFord and they had three full size BBs for 58-59k.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I gave up this week on purchasing the full size bronco for now. i paid a 7k mark up to get my hands on my BB. Orange County,CA dealers are out of control, I went to HBFord and they had three full size BBs for 58-59k.
?
Sponsored