Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I gave up this week on purchasing the full size bronco for now. i paid a 7k mark up to get my hands on my BB. Orange County,CA dealers are out of control, I went to HBFord and they had three full size BBs for 58-59k.
Ouch! I ordered from a local dealer for a 2022 BS who is not doing markups and got a fully loaded BL for 40k. Not sure I would do the 7k of that was required. I would just wait a couple years in that case. Yeah I gotta wait but that is fine. Already got a VIN with production date of 11/22. Full size not for me. I need a daily driver that will handle the elements and every now and then do a group off road drive. I sat in a full size at the dealer and it was not for me. My friend ordered a full size a year ago and his is finally going to come in to him in October. He had to. Change to soft top.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ouch! I ordered from a local dealer for a 2022 BS who is not doing markups and got a fully loaded BL for 40k. Not sure I would do the 7k of that was required. I would just wait a couple years in that case. Yeah I gotta wait but that is fine. Already got a VIN with production date of 11/22. Full size not for me. I need a daily driver that will handle the elements and every now and then do a group off road drive. I sat in a full size at the dealer and it was not for me. My friend ordered a full size a year ago and his is finally going to come in to him in October. He had to. Change to soft top.

$11k of markup on my end (BS Badlands). There was a line of people behind me (NO JOKE) hoping I'd not complete the purchase so they could pony up the same markup for the one Badlands edition in-stock, instead.

Full size Bronco 6g was simply not in the cards, given lead-times, markups, and production setbacks.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
$11k of markup on my end (BS Badlands). There was a line of people behind me (NO JOKE) hoping I'd not complete the purchase so they could pony up the same markup for the one Badlands edition in-stock, instead.

Full size Bronco 6g was simply not in the cards, given lead-times, markups, and production setbacks.
Enjoy your new ride ,it’s a great driving SUV. Have a blast.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
out on an evening walk last night. gf and i came across a bronco, black, brand new, top down and shiney to boot. it looked awesome and i want one, hopefully in a couple years. the passenger grab handles in the dash … pure secks.
we still both agreed never to sell our base bronco sport. its just too much fun.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Mines just the base model but I paid less than 30 grand out the door. Three or even four years out I may grab the big Bronco for the fun factor. But I will keep this Bronco Sport.
I sure as hell won’t buy it until it’s on the dealer lots in numbers closer to that of the F series.
I’ll surely wait till all this hype, madness, crazy markup noise moves on to some other gotta have it now toy.

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Another reason to drive a BS. This 500 miles driven in my Badlands was from Pagosa Springs to Santa Fe and then down to I40. Down to Santa Fe drove in manual usually 6&7 gear. Once I hit the interstate, set the cruise at 82. You won't do that in a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? IMG_2195

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Another reason to drive a BS. This 500 miles driven in my Badlands was from Pagosa Springs to Santa Fe and then down to I40. Down to Santa Fe drove in manual usually 6&7 gear. Once I hit the interstate, set the cruise at 82. You won't do that in a Bronco.

Wow I thought I was doing great at 27.7 mpg. Was that in eco mode? Very nice.
Ford Bronco Sport Why Sport vs Base model full-size Bronco? 12C01E32-897D-4748-8B51-9768BD4F6B6D

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
True. I hadn't thought of it like that, tbh. I suppose if I had a car long in the tooth and needed to replace it, and wanted the Bronco, I could make do with the Sport. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the Sport. I'd trade in my Outback tomorrow for the Badlands if it was $10k less, or had the same cargo space as the Outback. I spent lots of time yesterday looking at the Badlands, talking myself into it, then pricing a 4-door base Bronco and realizing that removable doors, much more room, and an extremely capable rig out of the box for the same price makes too much sense. I personally will wait, I think, for the big Bronco. But damn, the first time I see a Badlands out on a trail somewhere it's gonna make me want one.
The first time I see a Tesla Cybertruck on the trail I’m selling my dog ?

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That’s good gas mileage.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went and looked at the Sport for first time today. It looks very cool, especially in Badlands trim. Fun, sweet little rig. But, at $33k or so MSRP, it's the same price as the 4-door base model full-size Bronco. The full-size Bronco is going to be far more capable off-road, even than the Badlands Sport, and can carry passengers and cargo more comfortably. Why pick the Badlands? Or even the Big Bend/Outer Banks? Just curious.
1. I agree it’s a tough choice. personally I’m not on the Big Boy Bronco ? list, and the wait is 2-3 years?
2. The Bronco black diamond trim has the rear locker, once it’s optioned out (ie. Sasquatch pkge) with stuff, then a $2k - $5k trip to four wheel drive parts. It’s in the mid $40k. Add finance charges and the truck is well over $50k.
3. I’m not sure if I would feel comfortable beating up a $50k vehicle while off-roading . I’m okay pushing the BS and giving the Bronco Sport a run for its money.
4. I’ve always wanted a Subaru either a Crosstrek, too small, Forester, looks boxy and dated or a Subie Outbreak, not a fan of CVT. My understanding is the Subarus don’t make it past 200,000 miles on the engine, head gasket issues? Plus TFL has tested the Susie Outbreak and they typically can’t get far off the beaten track? The one YouTuber, can’t remember his name, goes camping with his two dogs ?. He mentioned that he picks a camping site further up the mountain where the Subarus need to turn around.
5. In conclusion I wanted something that will last 10-20 years, 300k-400k before an engine rebuild. Gets out of its own way. wont get stuck getting out of an unplowed ⛄ Walmart parking lot or soft dirt , like my Prius or 2 wheel drive F150. Can run it out on the desert ? at 80-90mph, gets good gas mileage, able to go glamping. Take to the sierras to go hiking ?, pull a trailer, drive to Alaska, Colorado or Utah and get on the dirt with some good off road ability.
6. I suspect a lot of Jeep owners will get rid of their Wranglers once the Broncos hit the showroom at MSRP. You’ll see used 4 wheel drive vehicles pop up. Then once the Tesla Cybertruck hits you’ll see used Broncos on the market.
7. right now saying I’m thinking of getting a big bronco is about the same as going on vacation to see Nessie ? the lockness monster. Pretty much unavailable, Just ain’t in the cards.
8. I offered the dealer MSRP for the four door Bronco In the showroom. I pretty much got laughed out of the dealership. He said when you’re ready to buy, come back and we’ll negotiate! “I told him I’m ready to negotiate now.” Great. “Do you do x-plan pricing on the bronco- lol ? “

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I chose the Bronco Sport Badlands in January and i could not be happier. I use this as my daily driver for my commute to and from work so while off road capability definitely a factor in my purchase it was not the end all be all. The BS Badlands has all i could want, solid MPG (26.3 mpg over 7.7k miles so far, with roof rack and cooper discoverer tires), enough room to put the seats down and inflate a mattress for the back for when my girlfriend and I camp on the beach or overlanding, and more than enough off road capability for me personally, ive taken it off road many times and its always done fantastic on the trails. Its the all around best purchase for me. Was between the Subaru Forester (reliable, but rather boring and not great off road), 2d Bronco (worst mpg, dont like the ride quality of wranglers so i was nervous about the bronco, but most capable off road) and Bronco Sport Badlands (a perfect mix of on road quality and off road capability) .... Glad i went the sport.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I was excited about the release of the bronco and followed its development. I would show my wife some of the spy shots and some were of the baby bronco. She fell in love with it. So we ordered a 2022 Bronco sport badlands.
No plans to buy a Bronco any time soon. even though I think its awesome. I like my Ranger for every day, and I have a beater wrangler for a toy.