davidinphoenix

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After 4 Months of driving and taking my Sport out into the Woods ONCE My Bronco BB went into the Ford dealership after for a simple oil change and didn't come out till a week later, turns out I had a coolant leak and had to have the thermostat replaced. Immediate regret of purchasing the vehicle hit and now I find myself wondering if I made the dumbest mistake of my life by switching from Toyota to Ford, I also find myself curious of how many Bronco Sport owners have already had issues with theirs. Including any type of rattling in the interior and pieces falling off....
Sponsored

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a list of almost 10 items to take mine in for, some may seem petty to some people. My two biggest complaints are the display between the tach and speedometer fails to come on sometimes, dealer is aware of this problem and the truck does not sit level. Considering it is a new vehicle it will have some issues, but I don't regret buying it. As long as they honor my warranty and fix my concerns, I'm good.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
After 4 Months of driving and taking my Sport out into the Woods ONCE My Bronco BB went into the Ford dealership after for a simple oil change and didn't come out till a week later, turns out I had a coolant leak and had to have the thermostat replaced. Immediate regret of purchasing the vehicle hit and now I find myself wondering if I made the dumbest mistake of my life by switching from Toyota to Ford, I also find myself curious of how many Bronco Sport owners have already had issues with theirs. Including any type of rattling in the interior and pieces falling off....
Have you looked into selling? You might get all of your money back if you do it now.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
A week to replace the thermostat?
I suggest you sell immediately and quit beating yourself up with doubt and self loathing. I don't know you but doubt you are as dumb as you seem to think.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For those with buyer remorse you are in luck. There is a BS shortage sell it to CarMax, Carvana ect go get a Toyota or Honda...

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Gotta say you have me confused. After reading both of your 2 total thread posts

Who's having mechanical Issues?
After 4 Months of driving and taking my Sport out into the Woods ONCE My Bronco BB went into the Ford dealership after for a simple oil change and didn't come out till a week later, turns out I had a coolant leak and had to have the thermostat replaced. Immediate regret of purchasing the...

Coolant Leak
Went in for my Big Bends first oil change and left without a car. Dealers said I had a Coolent leak and had to leave it at the dealership. It’s a 7 month old car! Anyone else having this issue?

Guess my questions are did you have really have two coolant leaks and do you change oil every three months?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Woman I know bought Camry new. At 50,000 miles burned quart of oil every 500 miles or so. Toyota said normal not fixing. Car was dealer maintained since new.

Look up 2017 Honda 1.5 turbo the oil dilution issue wide spread Honda F-up.

How about 2015 CRV when they introduced CVT trans and direct injection same year. Flop lemon. You should have seen outrage on CRV forums. Ppl screaming they would never buy Honda ever again.

Did I tell you about the '06 Civic 1.8L my son had cracked engine block defect? At least on that one Honda would fix 10 years from orig sale. Ours cracked two months past 10 year cut off. Wide spread Honda defect in block casting. We traded car in.

My wifes 09 Pilot Touring had the famous leaking front control arm bushings (liquid filled) and the famous front brake rotors warped at 25k miles. Overall great vehicle but not defect free.

Watch out what you buy. Do not assume vehicles from other manufacturers are defect free. And if buying used look up make model on carcomplaints.com because some make models on some years have some serious defects.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Woman I know bought Camry new. At 50,000 miles burned quart of oil every 500 miles or so. Toyota said normal not fixing. Car was dealer maintained since new.

Look up 2017 Honda 1.5 turbo the oil dilution issue wide spread Honda F-up.

How about 2015 CRV when they introduced CVT trans and direct injection same year. Flop lemon. You should have seen outrage on CRV forums. Ppl screaming they would never buy Honda ever again.

Did I tell you about the '06 Civic 1.8L my son had cracked engine block defect? At least on that one Honda would fix 10 years from orig sale. Ours cracked two months past 10 year cut off. Wide spread Honda defect in block casting. We traded car in.

My wifes 09 Pilot Touring had the famous leaking front control arm bushings (liquid filled) and the famous front brake rotors warped at 25k miles. Overall great vehicle but not defect free.

Watch out what you buy. Do not assume vehicles from other manufacturers are defect free. And if buying used look up make model on carcomplaints.com because some make models on some years have some serious defects.
You sound like a guy who's been around cars (sarcasm)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
You sound like a guy who's been around cars (sarcasm)
Yes learned lot of things the hard way too. Bought lots new cars over years and restored several old cars. Did major car resto last year now another this year both for my adult kids. Really cutting into my couch TV time...

Msina

Big Bend
First Name
Ivette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Went in for an oil change this weekend, dealership discovered a coolant leak. I was asked to leave my Bronco for a week so they can find out why it’s leaking, dealership called yesterday said I will have to leave the car there until end of the month, coolant hose needs to be replaced and the part is on back order ??‍♀ .

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Went in for an oil change this weekend, dealership discovered a coolant leak. I was asked to leave my Bronco for a week so they can find out why it’s leaking, dealership called yesterday said I will have to leave the car there until end of the month, coolant hose needs to be replaced and the part is on back order ??‍♀ .
Da**. Take the part number (this might be it below in my screenshot but verify with dealer) and see if you can find it. I bet you anything there is something out there you can get quicker since they probably only source form one place. Also, maybe another dealer has the hose. I had that happen in the past with another car and I actually hunted down the part. IT is a hose for gosh sakes, not their nav system. Dealer service people drive me nuts :)

Ford Bronco Sport Who's having mechanical Issues? 8C2C9CAF-2C45-4FA9-ADF6-DE318FACD183
Sponsored