What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
That could lead into lengthy articles. But I'll make it as short as possible.
I do not remember all product names now and I'm not at home.
Right after delivery washed with a car detergent that takes off all waxes etc., then used "Clean Slate" to make sure all is gone, then applied a Graphene coating (Turtle Wax) ... lasts for 6-12 month.
The slickness is unbelievable!! I do occasionally top it up with a spray version and Bead Maker after a wash - even more repellent and super slick. Any dirt or environmental things don't even stick, fall right off.
Goes also on glass.
Tires: "Break Buster" for wheels and tires.
"Pearl" for all rubber, plastic, interior and exterior, incl. tires. (various dilutions with water)
Occasional wash with regular car shampoo that does NOT remove coatings.
I use NO waxes - the new coatings are phenomenal and everyone always asks "what did you do to your car?" ... answer: "Nothing" ... it just keeps looking really shiny and water beads right off.
I'm not going into 'under the hood' stuff.
I also got myself items like good microfibre towels, washing mitt, bucket with strainer and a cheap pressure washer.
I use my leaf blower to dry / blow water out of crevices before applying things.
However, these graphene coatings can be applied on a wet car too - works well.
All in all, I made a plan to do the best/most efficient thing/protection right from the start on a brand new car, even told the dealer to NOT put any wax on before delivery.
Learned a lot from "Pan The Organizer" - videos.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Ford Bronco Sport What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a
My eyes, my eyes! The shine is great!
Sponsored

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
That could lead into lengthy articles. But I'll make it as short as possible.
I do not remember all product names now and I'm not at home.
Right after delivery washed with a car detergent that takes off all waxes etc., then used "Clean Slate" to make sure all is gone, then applied a Graphene coating (Turtle Wax) ... lasts for 6-12 month.
The slickness is unbelievable!! I do occasionally top it up with a spray version and Bead Maker after a wash - even more repellent and super slick. Any dirt or environmental things don't even stick, fall right off.
Goes also on glass.
Tires: "Break Buster" for wheels and tires.
"Pearl" for all rubber, plastic, interior and exterior, incl. tires. (various dilutions with water)
Occasional wash with regular car shampoo that does NOT remove coatings.
I use NO waxes - the new coatings are phenomenal and everyone always asks "what did you do to your car?" ... answer: "Nothing" ... it just keeps looking really shiny and water beads right off.
I'm not going into 'under the hood' stuff.
I also got myself items like good microfibre towels, washing mitt, bucket with strainer and a cheap pressure washer.
I use my leaf blower to dry / blow water out of crevices before applying things.
However, these graphene coatings can be applied on a wet car too - works well.
All in all, I made a plan to do the best/most efficient thing/protection right from the start on a brand new car, even told the dealer to NOT put any wax on before delivery.
Learned a lot from "Pan The Organizer" - videos.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Ford Bronco Sport What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a
I've seen some of Pan's videos. Pretty informative!

I was pretty set on using one of those spray on hybrid ceramics and I came across a video with Meguair's polish or wax. This got me thinking maybe I might stick with that.

I know I can put a lot of effort in using a DA polisher and really put in work... but I think I'm wanting to follow what you're doing. Something quick, easy, but gives really good results.

One thing I think I'm going to need is something that will protect the paint from bird poops, maybe tree sap, and rain. I'm thinking of keeping a quick detailer in the BS but sometimes I can be at work for 10 hours while those poops or rain drops are baking in the hot, South Texas sun.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
And bacon!

Lord, I have soooo many wax products on my shelf from over the years. I sort through them to locate the carnauba paste wax, and apply that. Has always given good water bead, plus a nice deep shine.

And it smells good too:crazy:
I've used a paste wax in the past. Maybe early 2000s. I see they have a spray on and liquid wax too (at least from Meguiar's). The one video I watched showed the wax was equal or better in some tests than a ceramic spray that was 3X more expensive. But the wax didn't hold up after a few washes.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I've used a paste wax in the past. Maybe early 2000s. I see they have a spray on and liquid wax too (at least from Meguiar's). The one video I watched showed the wax was equal or better in some tests than a ceramic spray that was 3X more expensive. But the wax didn't hold up after a few washes.
At my age, I recall several years ago that carnauba wax, in paste form, was the detailers choice for protection and shine.

Stepping forward, it now seems that ceramic coatings, spray, or treatments are the new thing.

I'll wait a couple more years to see what comes next...maybe something that you mix in a bucket, dip your hand into, and dribble onto the paint while singing.

In the meantime, I put on my spandex bathing suit, wash the car, and dry it off. Periodically the neighbors get an additional treat if I wax it. More time in the spandex suit.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've seen some of Pan's videos. Pretty informative!

I was pretty set on using one of those spray on hybrid ceramics and I came across a video with Meguair's polish or wax. This got me thinking maybe I might stick with that.

I know I can put a lot of effort in using a DA polisher and really put in work... but I think I'm wanting to follow what you're doing. Something quick, easy, but gives really good results.

One thing I think I'm going to need is something that will protect the paint from bird poops, maybe tree sap, and rain. I'm thinking of keeping a quick detailer in the BS but sometimes I can be at work for 10 hours while those poops or rain drops are baking in the hot, South Texas sun.
Sap, Bird poo, etc. .. that's exactly when one of these ceramic or graphene coatings are outstanding ... and lasts for a long time/month. Minimal effort to put on and maintain.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
At my age, I recall several years ago that carnauba wax, in paste form, was the detailers choice for protection and shine.

Stepping forward, it now seems that ceramic coatings, spray, or treatments are the new thing.

I'll wait a couple more years to see what comes next...maybe something that you mix in a bucket, dip your hand into, and dribble onto the paint while singing.

In the meantime, I put on my spandex bathing suit, wash the car, and dry it off. Periodically the neighbors get an additional treat if I wax it. More time in the spandex suit.
Now thereā€™s a vision I canā€™t ā€œunseeā€ šŸ˜œšŸ¤£

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Okay, here it is from another old guy . . . I paste wax it spring and fall (whatever that means in SoCal), using whatever I have (Meguirā€™s, ICE, Turttle Wax Emerald, etc.). In between I just get best wash/wax combo at local car wash. Inside Iā€˜ve been using Giroitā€™s on the leather, and some self mixed cleaners on plastic/glass. I have to park outside in sun, by bird filled trees, near a freeway ā€” so to be honest the car washes are few and far between as itā€™s dirty again after parking for an hour. Plan appears to be working as the Carbonized Gray paint looks like new after (3) years.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I just purchased several types of 303 Protectant. It should be here next week. Iā€™ll be sure to let you know my results, but donā€™t hold your breath waiting. Iā€™m pretty lazy by nature. šŸ˜

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

Say it ainā€™t so ? It takes a big man to be proud and strong to go national/ international to admit Spandex is in your closet for car cleaning!

Rhel

Badlands
First Name
Rƶgnvaldur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have been using from this 2 infinity lite is a year coat and Gtehniq w1 is a soap and w3 has coat in just blend in water wash and dry

Ford Bronco Sport What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport? IMG_0268

Ford Bronco Sport What products are you using to clean/detail your Bronco Sport? IMG_0069

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Chemical guys.
[/QUOTE
Let's talk about what the maybe average person might use to clean/detail/maintain their Bronco Sport. I'm planning to do do some detailing this weekend and want to see what I should get.

What are y'all using for the plastics in the interior? How about the clean easy Big Bend seats, maybe just a wet towel?

For the exterior, I'm probably going to use the wash and protectant the selling dealer gave me but I might switch to Meguiar's after. From what I've read, I should also get an iron remover but use some kind of wash stripper first to get any old wax/protectant off first.

I also need a ladder or a stool to reach the top of the roof.
I like Chemical Guys because they make 5 versions of every product they have! And since I am short, if they ever make a ladder, Iā€™m in!!!
Sponsored